Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• swegrow
    replied
    3 degrees celcius and rain. Global warming is very real here. Did not go below zero this winter more than a couple of nights. 5-6 years ago we had at least a couple of weeks of snow and minus degrees for months.

Leave a comment:

• JDU
    commented on 's reply
    We got a lot of hail. Funny as hell watching a kitten chase a drop only to get hit by 20 & scamper off wondering wth is going on. Over n over again! lol

• SoOrbudgal
    commented on 's reply
    Hey JDU we didn't get snow at our place. Just off and on rain, windy today.

• JDU
    replied
    Like we said.... it only snows once a yr. in West Oregon.... & it's never during the winter.

Leave a comment:

• Gingerbeard
    replied
    A rainy day outing.
    The plant on the far right is six clones in a pot, planted a few years ago. Not sure about the strain but I know it's not tomatoes. It's a wee bit of camo to hide the Hulk Sisters. Mostly ineffective, Any of the good folk who have occasion to be on the patio know what the deal is and don't care. What with the being at home all the time, long beard, long hair, and oft cloudy/vapor filled, flowery smelling apartment and clothes, me growing weed is pretty much expected. That and naming my dog Dabber.

Leave a comment:

• Farmall
    replied
    Got up at 5;20 to a frying sound and loud too..... pouring rain...even the dogs did not want to go outside

Leave a comment:

• Rwise
    replied
    Its going to get wet here, the signs are seagulls over Tulsa, sweating roads/rocks etc., and very wet air, yep it's gonna rain here!

Leave a comment:

• oldjarhead100
    commented on 's reply
    that is totaly f---ked

• Gingerbeard
    commented on 's reply
    Oh! But this isn't about corporations. It's a completely legitimate, political issue. Our mayor has met with the pig in the white washed house. Senators and junk, too. My little city is up against a whole other country about this. It might actually be better to get a corporation involved because something is much more likely to happen because more, long term money would be involved.
    We're getting our wall, by gawd, but... um... I don't know how to finish that.

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    Shades of Erin Brockovich. We've known for decades and decades now that corporations don't give a flying fk about what goes in the water...

• Gingerbeard
    replied
    The Tijuana River is just up wind of me, at the moment. Currently, no less than 50 million gallons of raw sewage pours into the Pacific and travels north, every day. Less than three miles to the north of the river is a 5 year old hotel with what is supposed to have a real fine dining experience. Another hotel popped up this year, two miles inland. There is a new, $10,000,000,000 (Yep. I counted the zeros) SEAL training base less than two miles north of the hotel and fine dining experience. 8 miles north is a major navy airport on the same island as multi-million dollar homes with oodles of fine dining experiences. My local beach is considered the least desirable to live in CA. The island north is one of the most desirable.
    In the next few days, my part of the US is looking at a forecast of 2.5" of rain. The rain is coming from the SSW. So is the wind. Wind from the south blows right across the TJ River so my community smells like raw sewage. If you'll refer to your notes about the 50 million gallons, and the 2.5" of forecast rain, figuring water flows to the ocean, and being now informed of the estuaries to the south, a fuck load of rain is going to turn 50 million gallons into a fucking torrent of a shit load of turds, needles, feminine things, condoms, and whatever pops up into your imagination. There is a pier by the 5 year old hotel. In California, fishing off piers doesn't need a license, and is popular to do so among locals. The area is also a popular surf spot and tourist attraction. The surfers don't care about swimming with the little brown fishes and the tourists don't know what they're flopping around on their boogie boards in. If none of this is disgusting to you, people eat the fish they catch from the pier.
    The story I hear about getting the US involved in curbing the situation came at a temporary cost of $300 million. Not that the cost was temporary, the efficacy of the treatment plant was temporary. We built TJ a real fine treatment plant without the one consideration that made the whole thing void. What infrastructure existing in TJ is old and largely useless and cannot be fixed because they have no money. So, when things in the new plant went catawampus because not all the $300 million wound up being used for the plant, there was no money to buy new materials nor money to hire people to get things jiffy'd up.

My the Lord lift his countenance upon you, and give you peace, and bless international grant assistance, and bless him for bringing rain to a droughted, major metropolitan city. I am forever grateful. Your servant, Gingerbeard.

That's my weather report. Gawd, what I wouldn't do for a little acid rain.

Leave a comment:

• GreenState
    commented on 's reply
    Just saw my first flock of geese go by heading north

• SoOrbudgal
    replied
    JohnEmad yes they are. I too feed wild birds, least I could do. Our geese here don't really move much in winter, seem to hang around down by the river year round. I see robins in the yard I guess they know more than me so yes the animals feel the changes. Hey sunshine warmer days coming I can feel it

Leave a comment:

• SoOrbudgal
    commented on 's reply
    RagWeedDWC Bird of Paradise my folks use to have those growing. As kids we'd use them as swords LOL

• JohnEmad
    commented on 's reply
    The only constant is change. The times they are a changing. Seeing the swans, geese already here from the south but nothing to eat for them in this frigid cold.
    Even have some smaller birds here like junkos at the birdfeeders. I keep them filled to help the little critters. They are part of our semi wild family after all.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X