Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time to chop

Good day all.

first time grower here . I am looking for advice on whether these trichomes are telling me it’s time to harvest or wait. I Am ending week 9 of bloom this girl. 99% of the hairs are red and this looks ready to go. All fan leaves are curling and drying up. No amber trichomes
    from what I can tell but I’m anxious to harvest.

thanks
    Attached Files

An age old question Newguy36 I would wait because I like a little more amber for more relaxation. This is a great link with pretty pictures that will help explain the different colors you'll see in trichomes. It'll become a personal choice, the moret you grow.
    Harvesting cannabis at the right time is just as important as how you grow the plant. Harvest marijuana buds too soon and you lose potency and yields; too late and you can end up making a batch of sleep medicine. Learn how to harvest at the perfect time, every time! Here's what you need...
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

Hey Newguy36 , judging by the trichs alone, you might need to wait a week or more as you said, there are no amber resin glands yet. However, there are several things to consider besides the color of trichromes. I've had a few strains that never had amber trichs (Black Domina). Has the plant slowed it's drinking dramatically? That and yellow fan leaves are a tell tale signs that your plant is about ready to chop. What strain is it? If it's an Indica bent strain, 9 weeks is plenty and you should probably take it down, but a Sativa could need another month.

Comment

• Newguy36
        Newguy36 commented
        Editing a comment
        Here are photos of the plant from the night before last under some low natural light.

• Newguy36
        Newguy36 commented
        Editing a comment
        Drinking has definitely slowed down. I just picked up my pot and it’s like I watered yesterday. Normally I’d be watering tonight on my previous schedule

See attached
      Attached Files

Comment

It is either platinum Girl Scout cookies or tangerine dream by SAN Rafael.. i found two seeds and mixed them up when germinating .. one did not germinate. So it’s one of the two and I know that doesn’t help. Lol she is 5.5 feet tall and germinated on September 4th 2019 . I’m thinking it’s tangerine dream by the height and how bare it is foliage wise. I hardly trimmed it at all.

so I still don’t know whether it is Sativa or a Indica dominant hybrid

Comment

Crap! 'tis a monster.
          More elephant!

Coco/perlite
          3x3x6

Comment

She’d be on death row in my garden, execution date scheduled within 7 days. It’s all personal preference so take my recommendation with pinch of resin😉 If you want amber give it time.
            Failure is an opportunity for improvement!!

Current Grows:
            https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...s-jedi-og-grow

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-gorilla-grow

Completed Grows:
            https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ang-jack-herer

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-northern-soul

Comment

• Gingerbeard
              Gingerbeard commented
              Editing a comment
              No way, Obi. First to post, first to toast. I get gimmies. It's the law. You can look it up.

Last photos I swear. I think I’m gonna cut tonight.

Attached Files

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              Uh huh OK get-er done

Newguy36 Great first plant!!! You have nothing to lose by chopping now and not much gain to letting it go unless you really like the "couch lock" effect

Comment

• Newguy36
              Newguy36 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks for your response 5chord!! Much appreciated. I’m sitting here scissors in hand debating lol.

I just took some photos of the trichs and a few. And I mean very few have begun to turn amber.

See attached. Is this what you’d consider ready?

Thanks for your response 5chord!! Much appreciated. I’m sitting here scissors in hand debating lol.

I just took some photos of the trichs and a few. And I mean very few have begun to turn amber.

See attached. Is this what you’d consider ready
            Attached Files

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              LOL I got a chainsaw

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X