WPM not going away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WPM not going away

I have been battling WPM now for the past month or so and I just cant get it to go away. I have used grosafe product mentioned in one of the articles here on gwe and it burnt my leaves. I just finished 2 rounds of milk/water solution and still have WPM. Has anyone encountered and been able to beat this? What do you use?

thank you in advance

t5 light
    48x24x72 indoor grow tent
    temp avg. 74
    humidity avg 40%

Gotta clean the tent after your plants are done wipe down all walls, ceiling & floor. Are you in flower now with the plants? Show whole plant in plain lighting if you can.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Air circulation is important, getting the humidity down helps, I thinned out the large leaves, anything that touched, removed any infected leaf/bud and used (expensive stuff) Trifecta Crop Control per its instructions. Organic, safe up to harvest, I did not notice any taste dif and it worked

Comment

I sprayed Milk every couple of days until done then did a h202 wash with buds after drying before curing and Ive had no problems, go back and look in great auto showdown during the summer I found a mix that worked better than all else made from household stuff
        new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
        current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

Ongoing problem for me as well - used a product called 'Defender Garden Fungicide ' made by Safer's - only had to spray plants twice to get rid of it.

Cleaned out tent with bleach as well. Product is safe to use on flowering plants
          ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
          Mars Hydro
          Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

WPM is a very special fungi, it behaves like a systemic pathogen going inside the tissue of the leaf stomata and staying there waiting for the right conditions to come back. if the infestation has been going long enough you may need to remove all your plants, sterilize and start over. there is the theory that WPM not only it enters the leaf but it can travel thru the vascular system, not proven but studies like this find contamination inside visible clean leaves. for those wanting to get really geeky: https://static1.squarespace.com/stat...ildew_qPCR.pdf

Comment

Hope you can get your PM issue under control. I know once infected it will spread quick givin the right climate. How much airflow do you have around the tent? The climate in your sig sounds right but if the leaves cant breathe well PM can start, along with lots of other issues. How often do you remove plants from the tent and clean or inspect? Sometimes some good eyes and quick action can save you from bad PM. Good luck!

Comment

Thank you everyone. I'm making headway in battling the PM with Neem Oil. I've treated my plants twice and its diminishing slowly.

Comment

Neem oil is ok... milk works too. I found potassium bicarbonate to be the most superior organic fungicide. This is how I do it (for a slightly diluted mixture, some like to make it stronger) Mix 1 table spoon of potassium bicarbonate with 1/2 table spoon of organic soap, and 1 table spoon of vegetable oil with a gallon of water. Spray when lights first go out. (Start with a 1 leaf section first to test ph this stuff can be strong. If all goes well with small test then continue use on the rest of the plants).
                  Remove infected leaves by spraying with water, covering with a bag, and cutting the stem with razor (or something sharp that removes on one clip). Keep spores from speeding.
                  Increase drying and wind flow. Keep leaves from touching each other. Give plenty of space in between plants.
                  Last edited by Toker1; 01-19-2020, 02:55 PM.
                  4x4 600w HID empty for summer
                  3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
                  2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
                  running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
                  https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X