No announcement yet.

Fresh Frozen Live Resin Bubble Hash..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5Chord. Wow! This is just beyond anything I’ve seen so far. I have read that the cold pot trick is invaluable in collecting the rosin. I have also read where you heat and stir and stir and stir ... Ed Rosenthal mentions this in his book Beyond Buds. They called it taffy pulling. Your saying your yield was near 40% of the hash weight? And , you got this good with 6 attempts? Exciting to say the least. Given what you could vape as flower, or go thru this entire process to get what you have....it is worth doing it? I ask because: I’ve done this type of “reduction” in concentrates....the concentrates are too strong. It takes so little that it can be a challenge to just take the right amount. I wonder if this is a smoother more refined product. Like a spectacular aged alcohol that aficionados find so enticing. Never tried anything like this

I think this is outstanding..

by the way, would 5 chord have anything to do with music?

Comment

Hey-ya 5Chord
      The consistency of your chopped stuff is looking like the consistency of what I get when I blast my bud. I help it along, drying out, by putting it on a heating pad.
      From first blast to the product in the picture, the concentrate goes through several phases: liquid, thin-viscous liquid, thick viscous liquid, taffy, a little shattery, wet flower, and the loveliness you see on the plate.
      More elephant!

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6

Comment

• 5Chord
        5Chord commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey Ginger! I've only pressed a few times but the couple times I made enough to store in the fridge, it seemed to become more stable over time. I tried heating a batch once and it muffined all over the place lol, I lost about a 1/2g. BUT I heated this batch up to about 120f, gave it a good stir with the dab tool and it looks like a commercial product! Thanks! :-)

Farmall I'm saying that after dabbing and a couple bag blow-outs I should have yielded a solid 30% overall, but a more experienced rosin pressuer would have done a lot better. I've heard of 80% returns on top quality bubble hash. I got about 50% on the best marble. The reason I went to all that trouble was to find out what all the fuss was about "live resin". It's flavor profie is unique and the effects could be too heavy for a casual user. If you consider premium bud to be "wine", in comparison, pressed rosin would be more a fine single malt scotch or brandy. Better sipped slowly.

Pressed rosin is very strong but also the most pure and completely solventless, thus safer than any other form of inhaled cannabis product. Vaped in a dab pen, it's nearly as stealthy as a vape cartridge but much tastier and as completely satisfying as bud because it's the entire plant profile, not just an isolate with added turpenes. My dab pen and I are rarely seperated

Yes, 5Chord was my nick-name when I was in a few bands back in the day. One day at rehersal the lead guitarist told me I needed to play a major chord, but I told him the 5 Chord (power chord) was more appropriate. He said he never herad of a 5 chord and I asked him if he wanted me to give him music leassons......A fight broke out and I was 5Chord from then on.

Thanks or the kind words! Let me know if I can help with anything :-)
      Last edited by 5Chord; 01-14-2020, 01:37 PM.

Comment

Well thank you for the insight into the process and this comes on the heels of me finally knowing it all...‘ceptin this. (Kidding of course). I have come a very long way from 1967. Laid off everything from 1976 on until 1 time in 1978 and now 40 yrs later it rises again. I’ll half to tell you about that time in 1978 sometime. That analogy of Premium brandy is fully understood,,, I’ve seen all of the Sean Connery James Bond movies and have tried one or two exotic beverages haha.
        never did rosin or live resin . The everclear distillation concentrates is a very power full. induced high. And the fact if you overdue for hits, you’ll just pass out

Comment

• 5Chord
          5Chord commented
          Editing a comment
          I've made oil with everclear in the MBM (https://www.magicalbutter.com/recipe...icalbutter-oil) twice and it was the shit! Not a great tatsting product but a piece the size of a grain of rice melted under the tongue will send you places! Plus, it's decarbed so you can spreadi it on anything and just eat it

As per Gingerbeard, I heated up the lighter quality to about 120f, gave it stir and it looks super good! Click image for larger version

Name:	20200113_215830.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	3.16 MB
ID:	366277

Comment

• Gingerbeard
          Gingerbeard commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice 5Chord! I only take mine to 100° because that's as hot as my heating pad get.
          Smear that all over a plate with a razor blade. Keep heat on it. Give it a scrape and a smear every some bit. Keep going, man. Play that song.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X