FunkyButtLovin Thanks

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Healthy looking grow love the little ones

• herbgrower
      herbgrower commented
      Editing a comment
      SoOrbudgal Can I keep them small for the entire grow? Kind of like bonsai? They look sturdy and cute.

Some random clicks from a retiring camera giving tribute to newly minted plants!
    2.5 x 2.5 tent
    Viparspectra PAR600
    4" Fan & Filter
    Coco-Perlite
    GH Trio + Cal Mag

Current Grow:
    1x Cream Cookies
    1x Pineapple Express
    1x Northern Lights
    1x White Widow

Comment

Hey guys quick help needed! I noticed the newest growth of all plants(except the one in cup) has a slight burn possibly nute burn. During their three weeks of age I have given them nute water twice. They are due to water today. Should I water them with pH-ed plain water or should I water them at half nutes? I understand bit burn is no issue but I want to play safe atm.
      2.5 x 2.5 tent
      Viparspectra PAR600
      4" Fan & Filter
      Coco-Perlite
      GH Trio + Cal Mag

Current Grow:
      1x Cream Cookies
      1x Pineapple Express
      1x Northern Lights
      1x White Widow

Comment

Keep a close eye on how Far your Light is from the Top of your plants, too. if you're using Nutes at 1/2 strength, it may be light burn? (Yes, I'd suggest using 1/2 strength nutes - as Nebula says, "sometimes Less is More") What's the distance of your light from top of plants? Remember to Raise your light as plants grow closer to it.
        3'x3'x6' Cool Grow Tent and Large Wooden Cabinet
        3 and 5 Gallon Fabric Pots
        Coco Coir with 30% Perlite
        2-450 watt Vipar Spectra LEDs
        4" Exhaust with Vivosun Fan and Carbon Filter
        6" Oscilatting Fan
        GH Flora-Trio Nutes with Cal-Mag and GH Liquid Kool Bloom

"Why Do You Keep Banging Your Head Against That Wall?"
        "'Cause It Feels So Good When I stop"

Comment

Sledrock The light is at 34" from top of the plant. I have been using Nebula's schedule for coco and No I have not yet used half nutes for past watering. I want to do half nute this watering and see how plants react. If this is a light burn, change the height. You can see the burn if you zoom in the last photo above.
          2.5 x 2.5 tent
          Viparspectra PAR600
          4" Fan & Filter
          Coco-Perlite
          GH Trio + Cal Mag

Current Grow:
          1x Cream Cookies
          1x Pineapple Express
          1x Northern Lights
          1x White Widow

Comment

• Sledrock
            Sledrock commented
            Editing a comment
            34 inches should be plenty high enough for your light, I would think? I used 1/2 nutes for my plants because they were supposed to be Auto-Flowering (used Nebula's schedule for Autos, which is 1/2 of GH's recommendation for their Flora Trio Nutes.) When I discovered my plants were really Photo's I just continued with the 1/2 since they never got any Nute Burns and the plants looked healthy.

• herbgrower
            herbgrower commented
            Editing a comment
            Ok buddy. Thanks for the tip.

I couldn't find any signs of nute burn in the pics, the plants look good to me. I'm no weed master but I definitely have seen some unhealthy plants and your ladies(fingers crossed) look happy to me.

Comment

Day 26 Week 4!
            3 plants were watered at 6.35 pH at full nutes. (Last Runoff reading was 5.80~)
            Runoff pH today, From Top Left
            IQ 1 - 6.40, IQ 2 - 6.47, IQ 4 - 6.50
            IQ 3 (bottom right), IQ 5, IQ 6 were not watered, they looked moist for now.

I also moved the light a bit, may be 1~2 cm.
            2.5 x 2.5 tent
            Viparspectra PAR600
            4" Fan & Filter
            Coco-Perlite
            GH Trio + Cal Mag

Current Grow:
            1x Cream Cookies
            1x Pineapple Express
            1x Northern Lights
            1x White Widow

Comment

I have a confusion. I am keeping two plants in solo cup for grow off. These plants were small but now they are picking up pace. Their roots are starting to circle the cup. How do I ensure that the plant stays healthy without transplanting it to bigger pot?
              2.5 x 2.5 tent
              Viparspectra PAR600
              4" Fan & Filter
              Coco-Perlite
              GH Trio + Cal Mag

Current Grow:
              1x Cream Cookies
              1x Pineapple Express
              1x Northern Lights
              1x White Widow

Comment

• FunkyButtLovin
                FunkyButtLovin commented
                Editing a comment
                I think anyone who has that aspect figured out has a good chance to win this thing. I made sure that I will not be able to trim the rootball or replant mine so I will have to ride it out and see how it goes. Hopefully the roots find enough room in the voids between pebbles to make it all the way.

• JohnEmad
                JohnEmad commented
                Editing a comment
                Not sure if avoiding a root bound plant in a solo cup is possible. My goal is to water a little several times a day and let it drain well. If that fails then it's back to the drawing board.

• herbgrower
                herbgrower commented
                Editing a comment
                Okay! I think we all are in same boat.

Hey guys today just when it was time for plants to wake up I noticed cupping and bronze spots on many leaves on IQ 2 plant. It was watered yesterday. I moved light up to 35" now. It may be pH fluctuations but I am curious because only this plant seems to be affected. Other two which were watered along didn't show any symptoms either cupping or spots. What it could be and what should I do?
              2.5 x 2.5 tent
              Viparspectra PAR600
              4" Fan & Filter
              Coco-Perlite
              GH Trio + Cal Mag

Current Grow:
              1x Cream Cookies
              1x Pineapple Express
              1x Northern Lights
              1x White Widow

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                SoOrbudgal commented
                Editing a comment
                If this is solo cup it's a challenge if it's not i'd put it in a fabric pot.

• herbgrower
                herbgrower commented
                Editing a comment
                SoOrbudgal No this is in 12" plastic pot. Do you think this is related to roots?

herbgrower if you're only seeing this on one plant it might be the plant's specific location in the tent i.e. her spot gets too much breeze, too much light, etc.....one of the fun things about growing is you can have 4 plants in a tent, same strain, same provider, same lot all with identical nutes. water, etc. and they can all grow a bit differently...I think they just like to keep us on our toes

Comment

• herbgrower
                herbgrower commented
                Editing a comment
                I think so too. I mean there are more young looking plants who would be rather affected more easily by light or pH. I moved it bit far from center. Let's see how it reacts.

That sweet spot once you have it really kicks the stretch in. Or could be too intense for young plants. Good move.
              Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
              indoor/outdoor grower
              1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
              1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
              I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
              Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
              Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
              Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

I have had a couple plants from my grow act finicky from the start, always looking a little unhappy no matter what. I chalk it up to the plants specific genetics. Also, my "unhappy" plants are making happy buds. If I had one recommendation for your grow it would be fabric pots with plastic riser discs. Its relatively cheap and it helps to allow for more watering mistakes. At my local hydro store I can get a five gallon smart pot with riser and saucer for about 10 bucks.

Comment

• herbgrower
                  herbgrower commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I will work on that!

JohnEmad FunkyButtLovin herbgrower Putting holes in your cups will keep your plant from getting root bound. It's the same principle as the fabric pots.
                This was part of my last harvest. Grown completely in the cup. When I took it out of the cup, nary a speck of dirt fell off. It was a hard ball of roots. The plant never had a root related problem. It's not huge, but what do you expect from 18oz of roots? And I realized the GO Box nutrients were way too weak.
                More elephant!

Coco/perlite
                3x3x6
                Nutes
                CalMag

Comment

• herbgrower
                  herbgrower commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks much man! I was literally flying blind with this one.

• JohnEmad
                  JohnEmad commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks for that GB. I kept the drain holes in the bottom 1.5 inches of the cup and so far only tiny little roots peeking out but not growing any further so hooray for air pruning.

I'm in design phase on this one. Somewhere in there is the greatest ghetto hydro ever made.
                More elephant!

Coco/perlite
                3x3x6
                Nutes
                CalMag

Comment

• herbgrower
                  herbgrower commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Are there mason jars under the cup? How do you supply water?

The mason jars are peanut butter jars.
                The theory is to get a circulation pump and an air pump and circulate water as a hydroponics setup does. Take a look at the glass jar to the right of the setup. That will be the reservoir. Tubes will connect the PB jars to the reservoir. The only major issue someone brought up is heat from the water pump making the water too warm. My thoughtful solutions are using a terra cotta pot and evaporation to cool, or, find a way to mount the water pump on the outside of the reservoir. The TC evaporation might cause a humidity issue. We'll see.
                It's a work in progress.
                More elephant!

Coco/perlite
                3x3x6
                Nutes
                CalMag

Comment

• herbgrower
                  herbgrower commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That is some DIY Engg. Can you use heat sink and fan if the heat isn't excessive?

• Gingerbeard
                  Gingerbeard commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I'm really not sure at this point. I don't think it would. It's design phase. The whole project will be design/build. As I didn't consider heat from the pump or fans, others will be throwing in thoughts I haven't considered.

• herbgrower
                  herbgrower commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Crowdsourcing!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X