No announcement yet.

First grow kicks off!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When you get that dialed in I would love the instructions for recreating that fun little setup. I have never done hydro but my intrest is definitely peaked.

Comment

I was busy for two days, hardly even had a sleep. These happened during that time. I am preparing to re-pot plants. I am very confused as to what caused this whether it is heat stress, light stress or root problem. Since last time I moved light to 36". Put the plants in corner so they are not subject to the direct heat from light. Even then they are showing these symptoms. A very young plant(IQ 4) is ok and a very good growing(IQ 1) has the least effect. Enlighten me!
      2.5 x 2.5 tent
      Viparspectra PAR600
      4" Fan & Filter
      Coco-Perlite
      GH Trio + Cal Mag

Current Grow:
      1x Cream Cookies
      1x Pineapple Express
      1x Northern Lights
      1x White Widow

Comment

Hey guys I am bit confused on sex interpretation. What do you think?
        2.5 x 2.5 tent
        Viparspectra PAR600
        4" Fan & Filter
        Coco-Perlite
        GH Trio + Cal Mag

Current Grow:
        1x Cream Cookies
        1x Pineapple Express
        1x Northern Lights
        1x White Widow

Comment

I see females, a bit early yet, but females, see that white hair coming out?

Comment

• herbgrower
            herbgrower commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah! I see. What do you think about the other one? By the shape of IQ 3 I am suspecting that its male or may be its too early to tell.

• Rwise
            Rwise commented
            Editing a comment
            Give them another week or so, do keep an eye on them and if you see balls and dont want seed, get him out of there! Once you see balls you will forever be able to recognize them!

• JohnEmad
            JohnEmad commented
            Editing a comment
            I see female as well but yes another week to be sure.

It is a bit soon to know for sure but I also see the start of pistols.

Comment

Something I read, something Nebula wrote, about the stipules crossing. If they do, you might have a female. If they don't, it's probably male.
            More elephant!

Coco/perlite
            3x3x6

Comment

• Gingerbeard
              Gingerbeard commented
              Editing a comment
              From Miss Nebula Mr @SirSmksAlot.
              'Some of the time the stipules (green hair-like growths near where pre-flowers show up) will cross each other on female plants. This certainly doesn’t always happen, as you can see from the pics of female pre-flowers on this page, but while girls can go either way, male plants rarely have stipules that cross each other. So although crossed stipules cannot be used definitively as a way to identify female plants, it can be a small clue to help guide you when you’re not sure. For example, the following female pre-flower doesn’t have a pistil, but the long thin shape combined with the crossed stipules help indicate that this plant is a girl. Whenever in doubt, wait a week and look again!'
              Learn how to find tiny pre-flowers at the base of each leaf to determine the sex of your plant in the vegetative stage (at only 3-6 weeks from germination)!

• Rwise
              Rwise commented
              Editing a comment
              It is something that gives one an idea, just like a plant going single nodes and stretching taller than the others.
              Now what if on one limb/branch they cross and another they dont? Could it mean hermie?

• Gingerbeard
              Gingerbeard commented
              Editing a comment
              Crossed legs can also be hermie. One leg crossing and the other straight, just confused.

I learned that from an old grower friend if leggs are crossed very good chance female. There is another way but it entails peeling back the calyx it's really delicate need fine tweezer large jewlers loupe to view you can see balls inside but like I said takes a surgeon like skill to do it.
            Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
            indoor/outdoor grower
            1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
            1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
            I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
            Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
            Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
            Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Rwise
              Rwise commented
              Editing a comment
              So I am not going to be able to do it with my sledge hammer and chisel?

The stipules are crossing in all 4 plants. The IQ 2 plant is definitely female. I saw pistils coming out today. The IQ 3 plant, no visible changes. Also while LST-ing I did damage one good growing plant(IQ 1), it is recovering good for now. I will post pics this weekend. Have been busy for all month. 2020 is coming in hot!
            2.5 x 2.5 tent
            Viparspectra PAR600
            4" Fan & Filter
            Coco-Perlite
            GH Trio + Cal Mag

Current Grow:
            1x Cream Cookies
            1x Pineapple Express
            1x Northern Lights
            1x White Widow

Comment

This is my grow-zone! I damaged the bottom right plant; cut its head off because of the plant ties. I have put two in fabric pots and two in plastic planters. I just want to see how it works out. This bagseed grow is particularly for the trial and error. After this the climate is going to be a challenge. There is no way I can utilize air conditioner in this space also its a stealth grow. It gets really hot in summer. Sometimes goes to 40 C. I am not sure how I am going to counter that! The story so far!
              2.5 x 2.5 tent
              Viparspectra PAR600
              4" Fan & Filter
              Coco-Perlite
              GH Trio + Cal Mag

Current Grow:
              1x Cream Cookies
              1x Pineapple Express
              1x Northern Lights
              1x White Widow

Comment

Hey all, An update and need some suggestions; I am thinking about flipping the switch in the coming week(5 days). That will be total 6 weeks of veg. The reason I want to flip is that the tallest lady is 12", others are 9-10". The lights needs to be kept 22-30" as per manufacturer in flowering stage. Total height I have is 63". All things considered, it gives me barely 24" of total space that I can utilize. Now keeping the stretch in my mind I want to flip at the earliest possible. What are you guys views on this?

How will the height effect the total yield and quality? These ladies were initially given some LST but I stopped after I accidentally damaged one baby. Although I can see benefits of the LST I did before. The plants have grew some colas from all the way down to close to the top. I noticed some stems(secondary) are slimy. Will buds grow on them? I also topped one plant which was growing fast four days ago and also to let other plants catch up to the height.
                2.5 x 2.5 tent
                Viparspectra PAR600
                4" Fan & Filter
                Coco-Perlite
                GH Trio + Cal Mag

Current Grow:
                1x Cream Cookies
                1x Pineapple Express
                1x Northern Lights
                1x White Widow

Comment

You can use any number of thing to raise shorter plants. Training taller ones is also good. Don't be nervous about bending stems. You can repair anything with tape and a gentile hand. They are well healing plants.
                  More elephant!

Coco/perlite
                  3x3x6

Comment

These ladies will be switched to 12/12 in few days. The solo cup plants were hurt due to root issues and underwatering perhaps but i did holes and now appears ok.
                    2.5 x 2.5 tent
                    Viparspectra PAR600
                    4" Fan & Filter
                    Coco-Perlite
                    GH Trio + Cal Mag

Current Grow:
                    1x Cream Cookies
                    1x Pineapple Express
                    1x Northern Lights
                    1x White Widow

Comment

Hey guys, How're you all? I noticed a weird thing in my plants. The pre-flowers in some places are much like leaf. One pre flower has a leaf sticking out of it. This is on all plants but all plants also have one calyx with pistils out. Is this kind of mutation or these plants are suspected hermies?
                      2.5 x 2.5 tent
                      Viparspectra PAR600
                      4" Fan & Filter
                      Coco-Perlite
                      GH Trio + Cal Mag

Current Grow:
                      1x Cream Cookies
                      1x Pineapple Express
                      1x Northern Lights
                      1x White Widow

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                        SoOrbudgal commented
                        Editing a comment
                        That's normal looking she's fine that's going to swell up later on. And your scrog looks real good.

• herbgrower
                        herbgrower commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thank you! I was bit worried.

Another suspect! and since the last post they have grown rapidly. barely keeping the canopy spaced.
                      2.5 x 2.5 tent
                      Viparspectra PAR600
                      4" Fan & Filter
                      Coco-Perlite
                      GH Trio + Cal Mag

Current Grow:
                      1x Cream Cookies
                      1x Pineapple Express
                      1x Northern Lights
                      1x White Widow

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                        SoOrbudgal commented
                        Editing a comment
                        yes that's male

You've got balls! That sucks, I just had to cull one myself.

Comment

• herbgrower
                        herbgrower commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I so much regret growing bagseed right now!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X