Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannabis before cataract surgery

Happy New Year to All

So my wife is going to have cataract surgery soon.
    Really looking forward to this surgery hopefully it will mean no more glasses.
    Going for the multi-focal (tri focal).
    Anyone on this forum have this done?
    How did it turn out?
    ​​​​​​
    We both use cannabis coconut oil capsules for sleep every night.
    Haven't said anything to the eye surgeon, (not sure how he would react).

I am looking for someone who may have experienced in this area.
    i have heard that smoking and vaping are out because of the coughing.
    I haven't heard of any medically necessary reasons.
    I read someplace that Dr. Don't want you to be so stoned that you rub your eye etc.
    I also read that cannabis will reduce the pressure in the eye (can you go to far?)

Any suggestions greatly appreciated

Mike
    Cannabis capsules 4 all 💊

First Grow Northern Lights

"I will always be improving "(tinkering)"
    "Not all those who wander are lost"
    J. R. R. Tolkien

Cannacaps4U2, I recently had cataract surgery and I didn't do anything different after the surgery that I did before. When I told my surgent that I smoke marijuana. He told me to lay off for a couple of days, that's all. The entire recovery only took 3 days and then everything was back to normal. It is by far the easiest surgery I ever went through. No discomfort what so ever. The best way to explain the result is. Before the surgery it was like being in a room that was lit by a 50 watt light and after it was like being in the same room, lit by a 200 watt light. It improved my vision considerably. I still wear my glasses thow. I hope this helps. Tell your wife not to sweat it. It is a piece of cake.
    Happy New Year my friend.

Comment

Cannacaps4U2 My mother had that done 4 years ago at 85 and at 90, is doing great...( vision wise) all you need to do is the drops...RELIGIOUSLY. She had ZERO problems but as for the weed...The anesthesiologist should be aware and at least a few days if he prefers her blood be void of any traces. I had my laproscopic surgery done and they told me to give it a week and that was last April. it would be Wise to at least check. In medical technology, April 2019 was a few years ago with the evolution of cannabis science...provided the doc keeps up to date

Comment

Originally posted by kingfish View Post
        Cannacaps4U2, I recently had cataract surgery and I didn't do anything different after the surgery that I did before. When I told my surgent that I smoke marijuana. He told me to lay off for a couple of days, that's all. The entire recovery only took 3 days and then everything was back to normal. It is by far the easiest surgery I ever went through. No discomfort what so ever. The best way to explain the result is. Before the surgery it was like being in a room that was lit by a 50 watt light and after it was like being in the same room, lit by a 200 watt light. It improved my vision considerably. I still wear my glasses thow. I hope this helps. Tell your wife not to sweat it. It is a piece of cake.
        Happy New Year my friend.
        kingfish, thanks for this info. Did your eyeglass prescription change after surgery?

Comment

• kingfish
          kingfish commented
          Editing a comment
          Cannacaps4U2, I was due for new glasses at the time of surgery. So they changed somewhat, but I'm not sure if t was because of the surgery or not.

I would have switched to edibles for a few days. My cataract would probably pop out if I coughed like I do.
        More elephant!

Coco/perlite
        3x3x6

Comment

This one is easy- simply check with your doctor, but make certain you discuss it as oral dosing of cannabis - doctors assume you are smoking unless you tell them otherwise.
          It's all bullshit - until you smoke it!

KISS @ Dry/Cure:
          https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-kiss-dry-cure

Staged Harvest:
          https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-in-the-wings

Grow Journals:

#3, Window Sill Grow - auto:
          http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...nic-soil-24-7g

#4, KISS grow- Girl Scout Cookies- auto:
          https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ies-autoflower

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X