Cuttings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cuttings

Can I take cuttings from a plant in the last stages of flowering and have it grow straight into veg stage by giving the cuttings 18-6 light or do the cuttings need to be taken from a plant in veg stage?

You can take cuttings or reveg the plant at any time but the further into the flowering cycle it is, the longer it will take to root/regrow.

Comment

• StokeBloke
      StokeBloke commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm basically about ready to cut them down, would I be better off starting from seed?

• FunkyButtLovin
      FunkyButtLovin commented
      Editing a comment
      If you have room and you think you might want to save it, pick a couple of larfy buds to leave alone on the plant and harvest the rest. Put the plant back under veg lighting and wait a while, it will give you some prime cloning branches or you can reflower the same plant later and by then you will have been able to try out the smoke and know if you want to continue growing it. If you're wanting to get the next round going as quick as possible, starting new seeds now would give you a head start over monster-cropping. I say do both if you can.

At this point I would consider monstercropping the plant by leaving some growth on the plant after harvest and revegging that whole plant it's pot.

Woodsman67 is doing one right now
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...​​​​
    ​​​​​​​
    You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

Revegging is easy and it's just as potent as the original harvest. Plus you get tons of clones.
    I bet Bob Marley's mansion
    has a garden in the back
    Where he's growing something special
    Some celestial homemade hash
    we'll sit down on his front porch
    And listen to the angels band
    Until then I'll sing I'll fly away with a fat onefin my hand

Comment

• DingusKhan
      DingusKhan commented
      Editing a comment
      I was actually going to post that question: I've heard that plants that have been through flower and reveg, and then flowered again lose their potency.

Do you agree or disagree? It sounds like you've done this a few times. I've always believed it, and have always taken my clones before flower, and maintained them until I knew whether they were keepers or not.

• Woodsman67
      Woodsman67 commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, I was actually hoping to put that to consensus myself. This past harvest, I monster cropped a Golden Lemon, that was a clone of a clone of a cloned mother that came from a seed started 2 plus years ago. I love the taste and smell, figured this round would be weaker or maybe my body got used to it. Nah. This is as potent if not more than the mother that gave up the original seed or the seed itself. I am currently heavily medicated by it lol. I dont know if that's normal. This plant has been phenomenal

• Woodsman67
      Woodsman67 commented
      Editing a comment
      I did add the HPS light last grow, quality boost could be from the better lighting

You can re-veg the clones like described. No prob. Only issue is mothers don’t like to be cloned in this late flower stage. Definitely easier to make clones from a plant in veg than last few weeks of flower. It can be done, but would have more success ratios taking from veg.
    4x4 600w HID empty for summer
    3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
    2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
    running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

That's awesome to know. I had heard otherwise, and I tried revegging once but failed. Next time I won't give up so easily.
      Nothing is foolproof for the sufficiently talented fool.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X