No announcement yet.

Clone along

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 days in (If ya don't count the 3 in the water) - So far so good. I trimmed the hell outta them to avoid WPM & it seemed to stimulate them- except for poor Big Red who I pinched a leaf in the back of the scissors & pulled right outta the ground. But they have had the dome off for almost 2hrs & no sign of wilting yet & the new growth they were throwin when I cut them is still coming in. 🚜

Comment

I also think once you get the cloning down it's so simple to reproduce plants and continue to grow perpetually. Then yes once I get a supply, then it's pay it forward to family and friends. It's a hobby for me in winter and it's so good fresh bud of your own.
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• JDU
        JDU commented
        Editing a comment
        Right? Like anything else it becomes 2nd nature. That's what I'm doin right now- gatherin strains & picking the strongest specimens to be mothers so I can grow whatever I'm in the mood for next. I just dropped your Neville's Haze seeds btw 😎

• Mr.furley
        Mr.furley commented
        Editing a comment
        Being a first time overbearing parent that strives for perfection will kill more plants then most people know. Ones you are in a Perpetual mind set its just another thing you do, like watering, pruning, harvesting......but don't get to laid back about it, some strains are notorious for not being cloned with great success.

• DingusKhan
        DingusKhan commented
        Editing a comment
        EXACTLY! So beautifully spoken by a few, newly minted, grown in the fertile soil of GWE! a coupla growers who can honestly call themselves successful because they regularly smoke the kind buds that they grew themselves:

Once you become a good enough grower that your bushes grow big enough that they actually NEED trimming, and you can get this EASY cloning shit down... and have a supply of plants that will never fail.

It rates, in impact, as significantly as perpetual motion. At least, if you like pot as much as you like the ability to do other things.

As do I.

Well said DingusKhan and Mr.furley

indoor/outdoor grower
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to

Comment

Here are my 2 mango clones getting nubs no hair roots yet but looking like few days they will be visable. I'm ready to get them going and planted they are going to join the photos in my tent which is 30days to flip 12/12 autos will be nearly done. Will see

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

• JDU
          JDU commented
          Editing a comment
          Lookin good!!

The Alaskan Purple cutting that I thought was going to be my solo challenger has finally thrown off a root along with a small root coming from the experimental autoflower cutting (pretty sure it tried to flower while trying to root). White Caramel Cookie cutting should have a root in a couple more days. The chicken bowl just keeps on doing it's thing. The water has not been changed or altered in any way, I filled the bowl up Jan. 1st @ noon.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	20200123_163551.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	2.05 MB
ID:	369183

Name:	20200123_163620.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	2.02 MB
ID:	369184

Comment

Here's some cuttings that went straight to plain phed water in shot glasses, there's 1 cutting in each glass that has a root/s.

Name:	20200123_163038.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	2.40 MB
ID:	369186

Name:	20200123_163458.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	2.35 MB
ID:	369187

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            Looking great mine have those short little nubs think i'll look at putting them in soil mix and humidity bottle on top today. That Mango is a strong plant, reminds me of the Jack Herer I grew once took a lot of abuse.

Well.... day 4. I took the dome off at 8am & 12.5hrs later no sign of wilting & they have definitely grown. -Except poor Red. She really went into shock when she got pulled up. She ain't grown none.
          I'll still put the dome on at night or when I won't be here to cover them if they do wilt for a few days but they are pretty much done cloned.

Comment

My little clone station Mango fem. photos sweating to the oldies

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

You have to eat square lunch meat and drink 2 liter sodas to clone like this. Other than that I do it just like GWE says. Cut with a new razor blade,put immediately into water. Good Growing !!
              Focus and relativity.

Comment

I cut these 2 on January 16th, still surviving, did burn a little leaf on one surprisingly with Fluorescent T8 bulbs. I've kind of put some projects in low gear until I get back up in normal mode. Helped when I went from 6" to 12 inches from light. I am definitely changing my technique on cloning. A ton of excellent knowledge came out in this thread, hope it helps others like it helped me.
                I bet Bob Marley's mansion
                has a garden in the back
                Where he's growing something special
                Some celestial homemade hash
                we'll sit down on his front porch
                And listen to the angels band
                Until then I'll sing I'll fly away with a fat onefin my hand

Comment

These things are outta control.

Name:	20200127_163927.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	2.20 MB
ID:	370490

Name:	20200127_163907.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	2.23 MB
ID:	370491

Name:	20200127_163832.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	2.41 MB
ID:	370492

Name:	20200127_163723.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	2.49 MB
ID:	370493

Comment

• homegrown
                    homegrown commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thats crazy! how long have those been soaking to get roots like that FBL? I'v tried soaking clones before without much luck..i always end up sticking them in soil to root. Maybe im just too impatient and not giving them enough time in the water.?

• FunkyButtLovin
                    FunkyButtLovin commented
                    Editing a comment
                    The ones in the shot glasses were cut 1/7. The bowl cuttings were 1/1 and 1/7. I only did them for this thread and the solo grow, I had no plans to keep and use them so I've been lazy, they have been seriously neglected and not potted but probably still growing roots. I'll go snap some shots and post them in just a bit.

And next they will look like this. Lol
                  4x4 600w HID empty for summer
                  3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
                  2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
                  running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
                  https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

Took 4 more ystrdy just for shits n giggles. I never took a cutting this small before.... wonder how they'll do?

Comment

These are 7 days (in this pic), no wilt, I do not trim the leaf and I just pinch them off, no fancy angle. They should all be ready for planting Feb 1.
                      These are Magic Dragons,,, sprouting is 4 Black Domina and 2 GDPs, Girl Scout Cookies clones from a friend are doing well. A Mazar is up and will be used (as others) for mothers. On the list to do BB3, shock trauma, Tajikastani Hash Plant, and Pibuert (pipe weed). Its going to a busy year!
                      Oh ya, the cloning station is not as it was. It came with a water pump inside that pulled air and made heat! I removed the water pump (retained for future project) and put in 2 bubble wall tubes and feed it with a twin air pump. Since this mod I have had 100% success!

Comment

Morning gangsters LOL. I think there needs to be a over 60 guerilla gangster grow calendar. For the sake of legal states we need older hippy growers calendar. OK lets get to it...….here are 2 Girl Scout Cookie clones I cut today. They will go into the nursery with the 2 Mango clones. Next set of clones I take will be OG Kush.

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

• DingusKhan
                          DingusKhan commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Hey, nice! I have a Holy Grail Kush for you, too. JDU is coming down next weekend with his wife and some Thai Skunk. We all should go out to dinner and exchange genetics. But in a totally not creepy way.

• JDU
                          JDU commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Sounds like a plan to us. She did remind me that she said weather permitting

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X