Experiment in vertical no stress training

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Experiment in vertical no stress training

'Sup, folks, here's my experiment in vertical training. I'm trying to avoid any kind of horizontal training because I want to get them to grow up and out; I don't want to compromise their height.

I've read the tutes on GWE on screen of green, but some of the plants have been trained so much that there's no stretch left in them when the switch is flipped. At least that's what I observe in quite a few pictures. And my problem on recent grows has been that some of the plants don't get tall enough to really take advantage of the light sweet spot.

So I've topped all three, and they all have 8 colas; Shiva 1 (left rear) is the leader and may very well need some horizontal training because she is the beast and ahead of the other two (another Shiva and a Blue OG). I got that empty space to train Shiva 1's top colas into.

Click image for larger version

Name:	dec15JPG.JPG
Views:	666
Size:	1.73 MB
ID:	357587

I think sometime soon within the next week or so, I'll attach the screens I invented in my dungeon laboratory with to separate my colas. It's been driving me mad trying to come up with a way to "lift and separate" each cola. I'm hoping this will work.

Name:	screen.JPG
Views:	553
Size:	1.90 MB
ID:	357588

The only training I'm doing is bending leaves and stems to provide as much exposure to lower bud sites as possible. We all know that bending the stems is good for them, and the leaves are getting a workout as well. The screens are at 7" height, and I'm hoping to get the colas to reach the screen before I flip the switch.

Then I'll be able to guide colas where I want them to go with just a little leaning, hopefully.
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

The top screen looks like a pagan special! If this works well I can see this or similar in my future. I'm enjoying topping and lst but this looks like fun as well.
    TENT: Cool Grow 3x3x6 LIGHT: M-H TSW2000
    EXHAUST: AC Infinity T-4 and controller 67
    AIR CIRC: AC Infinity Cloudray S6 x2
    IRRIGATION: BluMat Tropf NUTRIENTS: Earth Dust

Comment

This looks like it should work fine, I also have those 3legged screens but have not used indoor yet. Mine are 12" across with 3 1/2" squares. Are you doing just one screen per tote?
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        We don't use totes in hydro: we use net pots. One screen for each plant.

Nice one, tat! Watching!
      Nothing is foolproof for the sufficiently talented fool.

Comment

alltatup I think you're onto something there. "
        some of the plants don't get tall enough to really take advantage of the light sweet spot"

Comment

Oh ok I get it alltatup so in order for it to stay stationary how is it attached to the box won't plants push it up as they grow up? Won't it need to anchor down? Sorry it's Sunday questions day LOL

indoor/outdoor grower
          1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
          Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to

Comment

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            The frame will be anchored down.

Great idea for an experiment!! I’m sub’d
          Failure is an opportunity for improvement!!

Current Grows:
          https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...s-jedi-og-grow

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-gorilla-grow

Completed Grows:
          https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ang-jack-herer

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-northern-soul

Comment

Have to add that is the cleanest hydro set up I’ve seen in a while.

Comment

I also like how nice your hydro setup is. Mind if i ask where you got it and for how much? Ive been using storage totes from walmart and getting tired of it lol. They work but would like something what you have there to fit nicely inside my 5x5 tents.
              640 watt hlg quantum board
              320 watt diy chilled pucks x4
              300 watt mars hydro sp3000
              150 watt hlg quantum board
              100 watt spider farmer led x2
              organic soil with earth dust dry amendments
              Water only i don't check ph
              6 pot fabric autopots with GH trio nutes

Comment

Awesome again alltatup looks awesome again
                IO'D

Comment

Thank you alltatup

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

• alltatup
                    alltatup commented
                    Editing a comment
                    no problem!!

Name:	new dec21 3.JPG
Views:	447
Size:	2.48 MB
ID:	359219Click image for larger version

Name:	new dec21.JPG
Views:	448
Size:	1.64 MB
ID:	359220

Fed the girls week 4 nutes this morning; they are bad and bougie. All I been doin is bending down the biggest fan leaves and tucking leaves a bit to expose bud sites. See the stickers on the wall? That's how tall they gotta get, and then I'll defol and lollypop, put the screens on and flip them. One more week???
                  Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Great idea alltatup placing markers to judge height for flip. Are they higher than the last round you said you flipped early? Those are some freakin green leaves. And are you going to defoil later in veg? All these damn questions huh?

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

• DingusKhan
                      DingusKhan commented
                      Editing a comment
                      That's totally clever! Like the height strip on the side of the door to a convenience store so you can see how tall the armed robbers are.

Originally posted by SoOrbudgal View Post
                    Are they higher than the last round you said you flipped early? Those are some freakin green leaves. And are you going to defoil later in veg? All these damn questions huh?
                    Hopefully they will be taller.

I'll defol after they've stopped stretching unless I need to control the stretching.

Comment

I think your spot on, it's me not keeping hands off the bushy growth always wanting to clean it up too much too soon.

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

• alltatup
                        alltatup commented
                        Editing a comment
                        They need the leaves to power growth in veg. I try not to touch them unless they're sweating.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X