• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Farmall
    commented on 's reply
    😂 😂. 🤫

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    Hah!!! Famous last words!!! I can be the biggest stupid dummbo in the world. Can't we all?? I am sooooo totally human.... and neurotic at times....

• Farmall
    commented on 's reply
    Well there is no scale item to compare in the photo but you’re only at week 4... I see bigger

YOU ? Looking stupid.... NO Fu^#!ng way.... NEVER !

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    I sure hope I surprise myself with her yield; I'm scared to guess too high and look stupid.

• Farmall
    commented on 's reply
    Did all staggered harvests this winter as well...it’s easier that being bombarded all at once.... honestly, the angle on these photos sure look a lot bigger and denser that you just said....

These colas look very full... I like it

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    Farmall no way will this beat the 14 oz. grow. The small Shiva yielded 25gm, which I slightly over-dried, but she vapes divinely, nice and strong. She was ready to harvest. I'd love 3 oz off Big Shiva and 2 off Blu OG; we'll see.

No, the bottom pic is the other box, they're just starting week four. I staggered the growths this time, which I don't think I'll do again. It does mean cleaning, harvesting, trimming and drying one box at a time, which are good things. But shoot, plants in one box are rarely ready to harvest at the exact same time.

• Farmall
    replied
    alltatup these plants have been manipulated well and look like mega producers. When was the bottom photo taken in relation to the monster colas developing in the top two pics? These look like your biggest yield yet

Leave a comment:

• alltatup
    replied
    Wk 9 flush: Shiva Skunk on left, Blue OG on right. I harvested the small Shiva a week ago; amazing the differences between the two phenotypes I grew this time. She was small and ripened quickly; the big Shiva still has a way to go to ripen, and the Blue OG will be ready to cut down in 2-3 days.

Big Shiva has some huge buds on her, some of the biggest I've grown; I'm really convinced that it's like 80% genetics and 20% grower skill. I just tend to them while they express their genetics. I grow Small Shiva and Big Shiva side by side, and it's the only explanation for their differences. So now I see a packet of seeds is like 5 kids from the same parents--all siblings--and each one is different from the others, though some sibs have overlapping traits with some of the others. There's variety. This also leads me to conclude that I've been deceived by the pics the breeders put up to sell their product: OF COURSE they aren't going to put up the runts. They'll show us the cup winners. But I'm understanding better that: a. this is another reason to germinate more than one plans to grow, and to choose the strongest growers; and b. I make some mistakes along the way, but I luck out with the good genetics, and grow a runt with the "other" genetics.

So Big Shiva has been a magnificent plant all the way through the grow, and continues to fatten; she's amazing, taking her own sweet time to ripen.

Click image for larger version  Name:	wk9 flsh.JPG Views:	0 Size:	2.38 MB ID:	377728Click image for larger version  Name:	shiva wk9.JPG Views:	0 Size:	3.39 MB ID:	377727

Starting week 4 of flower over here. The rear two are new strains by Garden of Green, the high THC & CBD strains. Kosher Kush, right rear, has been weird all along. She's very short and kushy, and her leaves have been weird. Meanwhile, the other two plants are humming along. I will definitely pop more than one of this strain next time. And I have to take better notes on how each seedling comes along so I can see if there's strong corolation between early signs of vigor or slowness, and later growth.

Click image for larger version  Name:	wk4.JPG Views:	0 Size:	2.36 MB ID:	377729

Leave a comment:

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    JohnEmad Another wise and all-seeing woman!!!!

• Farmall
    commented on 's reply
    Come se llama... se llama Farmall.... (high school 1967)

• JohnEmad
    commented on 's reply
    mine too, lol, She says appropiately that I am a mad scientist with ocd and focused on my plants...

• LurkingInTheGrass
    commented on 's reply
    LOL

She makes the appropriate oohs and aahs (even when she doesn't understand) when I make her look at the garden

Definitely,a keeper 😍

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    LurkingInTheGrass I can only assume that Mrs. lurking must have the third eye understanding of the miracles you and the girls perform in the grow room. How, otherwise, could she be Mrs. lurking???

• LurkingInTheGrass
    commented on 's reply
    alltatup

pretty stigmas (stigmae? whatever)
    I do see them, as gold

my last Northern Lights: the stigma blushed (went pink) for a couple of days before settling into a 'faded' orange
    I took picture after picture trying to get the colors, but no luck
    even made Mrs Lurking come and acknowledge that she saw pink on them

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    Muy amable, gringoverde

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X