1st indor grow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st indor grow

Hello my friends, so i have two plants in a 3x3 tent, in 3gal fabric pots, which sprouted on Nov, 04. they are still on the 18/6 light schedule, but I'm thinking of switching to the 12/12. i have read different opinions on how to do it. some say gradually over several days, while others say all in one shot. how do you guys do it? do you think these plants are ready, or should i let them veg a little longer. my goal is 2oz per plant.

I'm still pretty new to this but for 2 oz each I would probably say go longer. As far as the switch, I just do it in one shot. Maybe someone else has a different answer?

Comment

Just pick a time when it is convenient for you to give them 12 hours uninterrupted dark time, then just do it. I usually give my plants about 8 weeks of vegging time before I flip to 12/12.

Comment

I’m in week 4 of flower and it’s my first grow as well. I just switched all at once and everything worked out well. I think these girls figure it out pretty easily. Being a rookie I don’t necessarily have first hand experience, but from hours of research I would say 2oz per plant is going to be a long shot if they’re that size. Good luck! They look good.
        Current Grow:
        • Amnesia Auto Fem (Advanced Seeds) (1 gal contestant)
        • NYC Diesel (Advanced Seeds)
        • Strawberry Cheesecake (Seedsman)
        ​​​​Nutrients
        • Dr. Earth Organic dry amendments
        • Bloom City Organic- Foilar Spray, Cal Mag, Silica Boost, and Root Stimulator
        • Incredible Bulk Organic Bloom Booster
        • Dr. Earth Golden Bloom Organic Flower Enhancer
        • Black Strap Molasses
        • Mega Crop all purpose nutrients
        • Flower Fuel bloom booster

Comment

thanks guys! my thought was each plant has 16 tops if each top(cola) produces a a bud of 1/8 oz, that would be 2 oz.. but in reality, each cola should be more like a 1/4oz.
          live in learn right. i'm going to keep them under 18/6 until Jan 01. now i'm thinking of experimenting, and topping the 16 tops into 32, lol.

Comment

• kingfish
            kingfish commented
            Editing a comment
            I would leave them with 16 tops. If you top them again, you will end up with small, puny buds. I found 12 to be the magic number.

So this one has 8 colas and is just over 2' tall, just into week 6 of flower. Not really sure on a guess cause this is the first good grow I've really had and the buds tend to fool the eye (look heavier than they are) so I usually guess high. I'm going to say I should get over 2 oz on this one. Keep in mind you'll need room for them to fill in so more isn't always better.
          Attached Files

Comment

So who's talking auto and who's talking photo? I only do photo so... johnb1963 What kind of seeds are you growing?
            I think the plants look a bit stretched. How far away is your light? They look real healthy. Just a bit lank. Looking at the third and fourth pictures, you topped once at the main stem and have two more main colas from right below. For a six week old plant, I don't see anything in the way of bud sites. Have you looked to check for signs of sex?
            Worry about how much horizontal space you can maximize to fit four plants: 18". Your harvest will depend on strain and train. You might find you can get more from two good strains and training.
            More elephant!

Coco/perlite
            3x3x6
            Nutes
            CalMag

Comment

• Gingerbeard
              Gingerbeard commented
              Editing a comment
              If you're following manufacturers recommendations about height, good enough. My 350 watt LED says 20" minimum during vegging and 16" during flowering. 18" seems a little far, to me. But, then, I'm only comparing to my own.

thanks again guys. the seeds are indica, we found these seeds inside( we only buy the very best indica) some buds we bought at the weed store. I grew one this past year outdoors, turned out really good, but a real struggle, thats why I decided to grow indoors. my light is around 18" above the plants, that's the manufactures recommendation. you think i should move it down a little? what do you mean by, you don't see any bud sites? it's still in the veg state. what do you think the bud sites would look like?

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X