3x3 tent vs 2x4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3x3 tent vs 2x4?

I have a 3x3x72" tall tent now. I kinda wish I'd have got a 2x4 so I could more easily put 3 or more plants across (instead 2 rows of plants (front to back).

I don't know how I could manage the run-off water with plants in the second row? (I don't have enough room to open another flap on the side or back - plus, that seems like a pain in the ass.)

I guess I could buy a small wet/dry vac to remove water from the second row, but I hate to spend any more money. If my wife ever finds out how much I've spent already, it's gonna take some Strong medicine to settle her down...
    3'x3'x6' Cool Grow Tent and Large Wooden Cabinet
    3 and 5 Gallon Fabric Pots
    Coco Coir with 30% Perlite
    2-450 watt Vipar Spectra LEDs
    4" Exhaust with Vivosun Fan and Carbon Filter
    6" Oscilatting Fan
    GH Flora-Trio Nutes with Cal-Mag and GH Liquid Kool Bloom

"Why Do You Keep Banging Your Head Against That Wall?"
    "'Cause It Feels So Good When I stop"

I have a 2 x 4 tent and i take my plants out of the tent to water them. I set them on a wire rack in the bathtub with a container under to catch run off to check PH. The wife does not mind because the bathtub gets cleaned every watering!
    Vivosun 2 X 4 X 5 grow tent
    Viparspectra 450W and 300W LED
    Vivosun 4" inline duct fan with carbon scrubber
    2 small 6" fans
    Promix HP
    GH Flora Trio with CalMag

Comment

You grow those plants good and proper Sled, you're gonna have plenty of strong medicine to calm her down with. Tell her you want a shop vac for x-mas.

Comment

• Sledrock
        Sledrock commented
        Editing a comment
        PRIMO Great idea, Primo!

I have both a 3x3 and a 2x4, they both have pros and cons. I agree the back row in the 3x3 is a PITA to care for and my plants in the 2x4 are much easier to tend to. I’ve been running 4 plants in my 2x4 for Veg and then moving them to the 3x3 for flower. I flipped the 2x4 into flower this round and I’ve decided that it’s just not big enough to flower 4 plants, the extra square foot makes a huge difference. At one time I had 2-3x3’s and I thought a 2x4 would be better so I sold a 3x3 and bought my 2x4, I wish I hadn’t.
      Failure is an opportunity for improvement!!

Current Grows:
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...s-jedi-og-grow

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-gorilla-grow

Completed Grows:
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ang-jack-herer

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-northern-soul

Comment

I have a 4x4x80 and 3x3x63 yes its a pain but I do as others have done until they get to large to fit through shower door into tub I then use a turkey baster with the bulb to suck it out squeeze into large cup. Yes I wash the tub after LOL I don't know why but for some reason I think of a small hose and siphon? like stealing gas from my car when I lived in town shit heads were also stealing my gas..
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• OlderNOTwiser
          OlderNOTwiser commented
          Editing a comment
          I second the turkey baster. My current grow still gets lifted out and trimmed (if needed), constraints adjusted, and watered. I grabbed a baster early on and tested it for practicality. I'm real close to needing it more regularly as the plants grow. Lifting 20 -40 pounds straight up isn't too difficult. Lifting it on your knees or squatting while extended forward is not too pleasant.

Those are the reasons I went with organic living soil I just water no worries about run off, no ph check no none sense. Sure don’t miss those days. This is what they look like just leaving them alone to do they’re thing. 2 sativas I think. And for sure 2 indicas
        Attached Files

Comment

In my 3x3 I used to raise the plants on stands and then catch the run off water in trays below. Easy to dump the trays out. Plants never sit in nasty koodie water. Lol
          Now I have them on a drip system, so no more run off.
          4x4 600w HID empty for summer
          3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
          2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
          running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
          https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            I have those flimsy round clear plastic cost about $1 each those buggers are not meant to carry whilst nearly full off run off. Made that mistake once now I use a baster to suck out at least half before I lift it out of the tent. "koodie water" for sure LOL

• Toker1
            Toker1 commented
            Editing a comment
            I used to water using drums, pumps, and timers. Now I have drip lines tied into my grow room. It’s controlled by my house sprinkler system. Either or will work when you are away.
            So I feed nutes once per week by hand. Drip water the rest of the week. If I have to go out of town I skip a week of feeding and just water while I am gone. I feed right before I leave town and agin right when I return for a longer vacation.
            PH balances in my soil because my nutes are acidic and my water is basic. So a round of feeding combined with the water that comes from my tap, I actually end up with the perfect ph in the root zone.
            Last edited by Toker1; 12-13-2019, 05:07 PM.

• Toker1
            Toker1 commented
            Editing a comment
            For shorter vacations, you can always fill an empty wine bottle with water (you can ph adjust the water first if you want). Then stick it upside down, digging the mouth opening deep into the soil. When the soil dries, the water will slowly come out. As long as the soil is saturated, the water will remain inside the wine bottle. The longer you are gone, the more wine bottles you can add. Just don’t tip it over. Lol
            I wouldn’t suggest this for long term solution, but it will be fine for a small amount of time.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X