No announcement yet.

Do salt based nutrients kill microbes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL Do salt based nutrients kill microbes?

This is my first indoor grow, home mixed soil, dry amendments. Just started flowering a couple plants yesterday.

Will liquid nutes made for hydro kill my mycorrhiza?

My in ground outdoor plants last summer hated similar nutrients, but I can't really do compost/ seed sprout tea indoors.

I have a bottle of "dynagrow bloom" that someone gave me, alternately I could stay natural and get some Alaska 0-10-10. If it's not gonna screw up the plants I'd like to use up the dynagrow.

Thoughts? Anyone out there inoculate roots and use liquid salt nutrients?

Thanks for any input!

suscribed.

Comment

I use root inoculate (Hydroguard) and salt based nutes in hydro so i dont think it will kill the microbes, but i dont know if it will feed them very well either. One thing about growing with bennies in soil from what i can understand is that you feed the bennies and the bennies feed the plant. With salt based nutes you dont get the benifit of bennies as the plant can absorb the nutes easier. I am not sure so i'm just throwing out what limited knowledge i have and hope that if im wrong someone will correct me. I would if you go that route add un-sulfered molasses every other feeding with plain water as that seems to work well for organics.

Comment

I use Dyna-Gro nutrients as well as Hydroguard and Orca by Great White. I use the beneficials because I run warmer than normal water temps in my dwc system. My microbes are alive and thriving at an EC that ranges from .8-1.8.
        Failure is an opportunity for improvement!!

Current Grows:
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...s-jedi-og-grow

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-gorilla-grow

Completed Grows:
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ang-jack-herer

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-northern-soul

Comment

Salt in your medium is a bad idea in my opinion. Just stay natural. Can you get a hold of some malted barley? Or kelp meal and or alfalfa meal. Top dress that should help you make it thru flower. Do your plants look like they need nutrients? If your amendments are in the soil malted barley should be sufficient. Easiest way is find you local brewery and get malted barley grind it to a fine powder and top dress water with a sprayer to try and push it in the soil ,in the end you will have frosty buds. Also helps the plant ripen faster. Throw away those bottles.

Comment

• jimicloudstuff
            jimicloudstuff commented
            Editing a comment
            I've sprouted barley for teas but never used malted. Is there a benefit to it being malted?

I'm not sure if they need fertilizer. No visible deficiencies.

Fertilizer salts don't kill plants. People fear synthetic fertilizers but they add the same nutrients to soil as organic fertilizers. Find out the truth.

Comment

• jimicloudstuff
            jimicloudstuff commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks, good article.

Hardly read that thoroughly but like I said keep it natural throw away that bottle lol. We have enough chemicals and plastic waste going around.

Comment

• Toker1
            Toker1 commented
            Editing a comment
            I don’t understand. The natural ingredients listed above come in plastic film bags.

Toker1 which ones?
          Attached Files

Comment

Tersky who wrote that article? Have they done side to side studies? Not saying it’s not true just wondering? Like the neem thing all of a sudden one article was posted by who knows who and it’s true? A lot of people dismissed the studies going back hundreds of years by real scientists. I use google.scholar to research keeps the bs out. Check it out.

Comment

• jimicloudstuff
            jimicloudstuff commented
            Editing a comment
            It was in laymen s terms but I thought the chemistry was sound. Imo The neem thing wasn't science, it was doctors being doctors.
            Your are right though, more research is always helpful.

• Tersky
            Tersky commented
            Editing a comment
            Cali look BRUH, i didnt post that for you. I dont understand why it bothers you so much that people have a different way of doing things. Did i completely vet that article, no, but i have used synthetic nutes for over 5 years with very good results and im not the only one. For you to come on here and act superior because you use organics is getting annoying. We get it, it's nothing but organic for you. Thats not the case with everyone so why are you offended when someone does it differently?

Thanks for all the responses!
          It's good to know it won't kill my soil life.

Comment

Tersky Wtf lol go smoke your SHIT and relax I am agreeing with your post lol did you read the part where I said I’m not saying it’s not true? If you grow with whatever good for you haha. Wow.

Comment

• Tersky
              Tersky commented
              Editing a comment
              Sorry mine is not shit, guess id have to smoke yours.

jimicloudstuff malted barley is the same thing. It’s sprouted barley ready for you to use. The difference is that it’s professionally sprouted for home brewers so they don’t have to go thru that process that’s all. If no visual deficiencies then you are good.

Comment

i get free stump tea every tuesday at a local store and that is the only day i use it, i also feed twice weekly with fox farms liquid nutes. i personaly have not had any problems plant wise. dont know if it kills the microbes but my plants are healthier than when i was just using nutes and no tea.
              *4x2x6 for veg with HLG65 4000k x3
              ​​​​*2x2x4 for mothers with HLG65 [van helsing, master breath, white mo, pineapple express]
              *custom 4x4 closet for flower with HLG260 + 4' T5 (x4) - agromax bloom led x2 + agromax 6400k florescent x2 {440watt totall}
              *8 site clone bucket with 20w cfl
              You never know when you might need a little C4

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X