Seeds from Feminized Photos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seeds from Feminized Photos?

Question for anyone...if you grow a feminized photo(AYAHUASCA PURPLE From Barneys Seeds) and end up with seeds in your buds....Will the new seeds be Feminized OR a guessing game?? Any ideas or guesses?
    Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
    Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
    6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
    Canna Coco/perlite
    General Hydroponics Flora Series
    Cal/Mag.

Tent
    Bruce Banner
    Kushy Kush
    2Cookies and cream

IF the pollen came from a female plant that hermied the seed would be female.
    IF the pollen came from a male the seed would be both male and female about 50/50.
    So if you dont know where the pollen came from it is a guessing game,,, but hey free seed!

Comment

• Toker1
      Toker1 commented
      Editing a comment
      If the pollen came from a late blooming hermi, then seeds will come with every grow. But not free though, the energy spent on making fatter buds will be spent reproducing. So the cost is yields at minimum.

Thanks Rwise . The reason im asking..i was buying some stocking stuffers for my sons and the site i was on had Purple Ayahusaca from Barney's farms for 5 bucks a gram..only catch was it has seeds. So i ordered some if not just for the low price but maybe i can get some free seeds from barneys while im at it. The seed bank where i usually shop has this strain(sold out) and the seeds are priced at 12$ each!(even if i get 10-20 seeds i'll be happy) I never thought i'd buy a bag of weed Just because it has seeds lol. Might be fine for an outdoor grow..not sure i want to start any in my tent for fear of males.
    Canna Coco/perlite
    Cal/Mag.

Tent
    Bruce Banner
    Kushy Kush
    2Cookies and cream

Comment

Thing with bag seed from hybrids is you dont know whats going to pop. I have never had a bad grow from them, but you dont get what it was from. Some hybrids dont make the grade when seeded, like GG4, GG5 doesn't work out and make that 28% THC
      Do they say what pollinated it? Would be nice to know,,, many would have given it a name and sold those seed! I am surprised as to how many times I have read "from a mistake in the grow room"

Talking one fine night to a gent from south of the border, he ask me why I was not complaining about the seed, to him I say "I plant them" The look on his face was we are giving away the farm.

Comment

I know someone that had a shitty experience with that. Got some Critical + from a reputable association in Barcelona, it had a few seeds in it which she didn't mind, the more the merrier. They were all hermies though.

Comment

Depends on how the seeds are bred.
          You could also end up with a bunch of late blooming hermi seeds. You won’t know until the fat buds on the next grow are all seeded up.
          Really, it’s best to toss those seeds away and get something that you know will give you great results. Not worth all the time, effort, and money spent on growing. Imho.
          4x4 600w HID empty for summer
          3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
          2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
          running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
          https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

I recently made some hybrid crosses, 1 I like and 1 I dont. One has a sour smell and the taste of fresh ripe sweet juicy pineapple. The other tastes like crap, and smells awful. Another turned out really well, it was a mistake, pollen got away and I got 1 seed, taste and smell are what I remember from early years.
            I am not going to say toss those seed, but I also would not do the whole grow with them. If you have extra space, plant em,,, dont give them a lot of expensive nutes, take a clone as it starts to flower for future grows if it is good,,,, you just dont know what you will get,,,,GG4 was a growroom mistake,,,

Comment

• oldjarhead100
              oldjarhead100 commented
              Editing a comment
              oh man I want to grow some of that crap tasting and smelling weed lol

• Rwise
              Rwise commented
              Editing a comment
              Careful I have your addy,,,,

there is a way to influence sex in a seed so all seed is good , my outside grow was all mistake grows,(grows that produced seed) out of 50 plus plants we had 4 that hermied thats not to bad
            new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
            current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

That's excellent ratio OJ
              Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
              indoor/outdoor grower
              1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
              1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
              I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
              Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
              Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
              Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

YaY! My seedy, Barney Farms, Purple Ayahuasca Bud arrived today. Smell's and tastes delicious.! After three experiments so far..it seems to be a two seed per bud ratio....im gonna continue testing...be back later.
                Canna Coco/perlite
                Cal/Mag.

Tent
                Bruce Banner
                Kushy Kush
                2Cookies and cream

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X