Cannabinoid Content Inaccuracies on Seed Bank Sites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannabinoid Content Inaccuracies on Seed Bank Sites

I have been looking at the statistics for high THC, high CBD strains and I've discovered that most of the time, what they have listed as CBD content on Seedsman and SeedSupreme (the 2 I use the most), doesn't match up to what the breeder sites have to say. For example, Barneys Farm doesn't even list cannabinoid percentages.

So let the buyer beware. From now on, I will cross check the strain on the breeder's site to see what they list as percentages of the two cannabinoids. I don't think the seed banks care if they have accurate information up; they may care more about putting up numbers that appeal to buyers.
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

While it's useful to compare different sources, I try to remember that these are agricultural products-no 2 seeds produce the same results. The ONLY way to ensure uniformity is by cloning.
    WHAT???
    5x5 grow space
    900w of Vero's and F-strips
    4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      That's a very good point, but can't we assume that the percentages they give reflect the general percentages?

alltatup i see your point and makes perfect sense. Kinda like what I noticed that blue dream or any strain can be made up at any time. If you buy a strain here and look up the same strain there the parents or genetics are not the same so how do they come up with the name? Wtf so that means I could cross some strains and call it blue dream? I don’t get it soon I’ll be looking into that cus I don’t understand it.

Comment

we all make the best choices we can with the information we have.

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      You can't make a good choice if the information they give you is wrong.

That's why I'm going straight to the breeders to read about the strain.

Gee i always youse seedsman and Seedsapreem my last germ nothing sprouted not good

Comment

Lucky for me my 1st order from Seedsman came in 3 weeks as fast as Nirvana delivers plus I didn’t pay for the extra cost to keep the original packaging and they all came in they’re original packaging. Feel bad for some guys here that posted they payed extra and still didn’t get the original packaging. Hope I get some good ones that way I don’t have to buy anymore.

Comment

I have seen this as well, like a strain advertised to be 45% THC and $200 per seed, this is all hype I passed on his seed!
        Until there are patents for breeders to apply to their strain anyone can call theirs anydamnthingtheywant. Such as I crossed headbanger with white widow for widowbanger,,, but I tried to not use someone else's name. Years ago I did a strain we called Tulsa Tops,,,
        I see many false claims and wording to say its all fun and games for collectors,,, how many of you collect seed to not grow? I too like real info on what I am buying!
        But one can take samples from a plant and get different results from different buds being tested, so it is more of an average than a certainty,,,, Every plant is an individual, I certain;y agree with that, just like us!

Comment

I have been looking at successful grows then asking the strain and breeder info go to the breeder check there info ,then go to seeds man and add to my wish list I can make all the comments I want .then when I want or need to buy seeds I have good info, As with any big business you cant trust them
          new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
          current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            It's sad, but true: Big Business is just too careless these days.

I am going to clone more that's my goal and that's what i'm doing now. Old school bag weed seeds germinated far better for me in the past than some new high octane claiming strains. Find a plant you enjoy and clone it. Yes I like to mix it up but i'm happy with finding 2-3 strains and sticking with them. The rest of the hype strains and autos I've not grown well yet. I enjoy growing so I will continue to grow those "freebies" but i'm not purchasing 3pkg of seed for $60 plus shipping for shit that doesn't germinate. Wait 4-6wks for them to resend while your tent sits idle, clone them and damn prices are high for these seeds in some sites. Ya get what you pay for they say, well then gimmie the stable genetics
          Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
          indoor/outdoor grower
          1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
          1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
          I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
          Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
          Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
          Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

I agree! Some of what I have purchased is landraces, they are stable. At this time I am trying to reveg some known great plants, and make mothers and clones with them. Maybe I am greedy but I want more strains (5 now), between the GF and I we can have 12! Buy the good seed, grow it out, prove it is what you want and make many clones from it along the way,,, makes the seed not to costly when you get harvest after harvest from just one seed!
            Last edited by Rwise; 12-10-2019, 07:43 AM. Reason: dyslexia t=y

Comment

I have so many free seeds that if I just used them I could grow for years ,to bad we can't do a seed swap
              new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
              current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• Rwise
                Rwise commented
                Editing a comment
                I like the idea, maybe take it off site, say email,,,,

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X