Second Grow, Cooler DWC system, 600w Viparspectra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Second Grow, Cooler DWC system, 600w Viparspectra

Hello all, first of all i want to thank each one of you for helping me to finish my first grow experience in my life. I havent even feed any plants before i joined here and giving life to a seed, understanding its reactions and try to make them better are so sincere feelings i have faced in this process.

Now i started my second grow yesterday night with nearly same equipments and nutrients, only thing i changed for now is the reservoir. i bought 60lt cooler box and made it DIY DWC reservoir.

Equipments and Nutrients:
    • 600w Viparspectra LED light (model: v600)
    • 120x60x180 grow tent
    • 60 Lt Cooler reservoir (with 35lt water solution)
    • 75mm netpots x2
    • Rockwool
    • Hydroton
    • Airpump: Eheim 200
    • Airpump: SOBO SB8806
    • Waterpump: SOBO WP1000f
    • JBL Aeras micro 27cm airstone x1, Eheim airstones x2, 15cm diameter airstone x1
    • General Hydroponics Flora trio series
    • Great White Premium Mycorrhizae
    • Sensizym
    • Adwa ad12 pH & Adwa ad31 EC meters

i've learnt from my mistakes and i want to keep reservoir temperature at 18-20 Celcius cause i've dealt with root problems in my previous grow and i understood that water temperature is vital part of hydro grow and it must be between 18-20 in my opinion. Thats why i wanted to do this grow in cooler reservoir, im not sure whether its gonna be effective enough or not but at least now my reservoir is more durable.

Questions:

- I want to buy some nutrients like armor si to make my plants resistant different conditions but there is no armor si near here so is rhino skin equivalent product? and is it good to use those product when plants are seedlings?

If you can't find the nutrients or whatever you're looking for you can always order from eBay. That's where I usually get what I need, you just have to wait for it to arrive if you can. I like the cooler idea, should keep temps about where you want them. I've never used Armor Si but I had some Hydroguard that worked pretty good. I didn't start using it until my babies had a few leaves and roots but it says you can use it all the way through. I personally would probably save it until you have a few roots at least, no point in wasting nutrients IMO. Hope that helped

Comment

I'm no hydro grower but love to watch the grows. Good luck and I order lots of grow items from ebay.
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

I'd be interested to see if the lights dont cause the cooler to retain heat. I dont know so i m curious as well! I would also, if you havent already, look for a root inoculate (like hydroguard) as i find it VITAL for hydro growing. I never used armor SI. Ever. Never had to. It wont be as effective as hydroguard as it doesnt look like it has the beneficial bacteria Bacillus amyloliquefaciens wqich reeeaaaally helps prevent root rot.

Comment

• maner
          maner commented
          Editing a comment
          according to my experience in this 7 week, if i dont use exhaust fan grow tent becomes above intended temperature and in time cooler gets hotter and retains heat thus i have to put more ice bottles like summertime, which means cooler has no function. But if i use exhaust fan i dont need to put ANY ice bottles, tent temperature stays between 21-24 celcius and cooler stays 17-18 celcius which is best range for roots.

- 1000w viparspectra added ( https://www.amazon.com/VIPARSPECTRA-...s_sparkle_slot)

after 7 weeks i wanted to make a post for update. i made 2 mainlining to the kilimanjaro which is at left and 1 for the bigbuddha silver cheese (BBSC at right). i made 1 for the BBSC cause in the begining she seems so week and firs 1-2 leaves were seems not healthy. on the other hand in my previous grow i think she didnt like mainlining that much thats why i leaved her mainlining only once to catch-up with kilimanjaro in this grow. now she seems healthy with thick branches and giant leaves which you can see on photos.

now i have 2 questions:

1- BBSC has giant fan leaves and they block other new developements, should i snap some of the leaves which are blocking?

2- After i add 1000w led light to my grow room, there is one 600w and one 1000w led light now, im wondering if its going to raise the lights own par levels ( i mean new 1000w led light's max par level is 790 and 600w led light"s 490, when they combine it does it go further up?)

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0814.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	2.85 MB
ID:	369018Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0813.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	2.62 MB
ID:	369019
        Attached Files
        Last edited by maner; 01-23-2020, 06:05 AM.

Comment

maner Keep this in mind.... you are one getting an opinion that has no value to you unless it works...

If your plants are in flower, then consider defoliating the larger leaves especially the ones with 2” or longer stems. In veg, maybe try to tuck them out of the way or use tall sticks to help keep the core of the plant open to the lights. Are you saying you will have 1280? , no but adjusting their height to match their par footprint would work.

Light for plants is essentially their metabolism. Like we eat food and metabolize it in our bodies, benefit from the good stuff and eliminate the waste...this allows us to grow and develop. Hopefully in good health and disease free.

plants do this using light and food ( “nutes” ) in their structures. The metabolism ( chlorophyll and other compounds) from light and food will allow the plant to grow and develop its genetic profile. Increasing light intensity starts the production of metabolites in plants . Blue spectrum and UV light have the biggest effect and will also have effects on additional metabolic levels causing what the plant sees a a form of protection. We see this growth as increases in size, color or in this case, buds and trichomes. Red color is a tomato ( a personal favorite) plants form of protection provided by the plant in its growth cycle. Given the so called excess of light spectrum, provides for bigger and more flavorful fruit . Lycopene is a tomatoes main terpene and in this plant it is cannabinoids and terpenes based on the strain.

whew, I gotta sit down.... my aged brain is now fried. Hope that defines it some.... light is good, but can be overdone.

Comment

By the way Defoliation is a major technique in growing anything and cannot be a “ pull the leaves off” method. Check out the excellent tutorial on GWE https://www.growweedeasy.com/nebulas...ation-tutorial

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X