Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woodsman67
    commented on 's reply
    The exception to this is "banannas" on your plant mid flower. Then definitely pick them so you dont make seed that will also be hermed. You could try making your own feminized seed with it, but better to have pollen sacks that were forced other ways and always use a second female not cloned from same plant.

• Cfsimon927
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you

• Woodsman67
    replied
    No. It will only make more. I carried a seed halfway around the country, germinated it, 6 weeks into veg it started showing hermaphrodite. I picked off a few balls. 3 weeks later it had balls on every flower, almost an F you to me.

Leave a comment:

• Cfsimon927
    replied
    Just wondering is it worth the time/effort to clip the balls off a plant that has shown hermaphrodite...in your opinion?
    Has anyone given that a go ?

Leave a comment:

• Woodsman67
    replied
    Looking at the pictures are 2 plants, both same genetic I bred, Golden Lemon x Sour Diesel, both were germinated around 50 days ago. In my experience, a male preflower always show first, and always have a "stem". IF the preflower looks like the male below, then later shows a pistill, it will hermaphrodite. My experience completely and this is why if I germ twice what I want. Then I can be picky. Another thing that allows me to be picky is working with regular seeds that allow me to make more.

Leave a comment:

• Woodsman67
    replied
    I appreciate all the input! Folks this was a practice on using my new microscope app on my phone. I absolutely agree it's super early, but other factors like distance between nodes and outpacing its sibling seedlings made me feel this was a perfect candidate to be culled. I am looking for the best female out of this group to move on to the next round of pollination to stabilize this strain. I started with 12 seeds from the same previous pollination. I have culled 3 so far, and now found this. This one is a difficult call, because it lacks other undesirable qualities. I call male.

Leave a comment:

• starramus
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah no hangy down part.

• Greengringo
    replied
    That's a male..you need to magnify to see the sacks..plus I collected some.pollen this summer from a male I had..same exact thing Woodsman67 that's one person's view... Keep in mind you have very knowledgeable growers telling you otherwise...like 9fingerleafs said the choice in the end is yours .

Leave a comment:

• 9fingerleafs
    replied
    gotta agree with the rest of the folks here, preflowers are weird and some plants are "tricksters" and kinda show one sex and then flip. from my personal experience i think you should let sex manifest more clearly before making decisions, yes you are going to spend a couple of week of nutrients but thats nothing compared to starting over and growing a plant up to 45 days. you do what works for you but take into consideration maybe you could be missing out on a potentially great plant if you rush into discarding it

Leave a comment:

• Woodsman67
    replied
    Lol. No. Males are pulled soon as I can determine sex unless I am breeding. Usually around 4 weeks with magnification you can easily determine males, at least with the strains used here. Faster I get males culled, less nutrients used and more space for females to spread.

Leave a comment:

• dphipps1020
    replied
    You won't need a magnifying glass or anything once the balls form, better let it grow for a bit

Leave a comment:

• Woodsman67
    replied
    There are only single balls, this isnt a plant in flower, it's just an early sign, next one I'll try to get closer. Under 60x mag you could see the division on the outside of the ball.

Leave a comment:

• Canuck147
    replied
    Me neither - plant has things pointing up, which is good.

Leave a comment:

• kingfish
    replied
    Hey Woodsman67 , I don't see any balls.

Leave a comment:

• Woodsman67
    started a topic Found and culled a male

Found and culled a male

Found a make to cull and wanted to play with microscope app. Plant is a golden lemon/sour diesel hybrid 45 days old.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X