Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's your daily usage/intake? CBD? THC? Other?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's your daily usage/intake? CBD? THC? Other?

I realize many of the most regular users have underlying medical needs and that probably translates to higher use or at least different types of plant. High or low thc, high or low cbd, etc...joints, bongs, lingual, edibles, are there patches? and all of the many ways to medicate.

Many of us are reliving our youth and discovering belatedly that the weed we smoked back then wasn't all that. But the "new" stuff has all those cannabinoids and terpenes we'd never heard of and benefits we'd never imagined. As I read through the forum for tips and tricks I see various references to what people do for daily doses, night time doses and the whole gamut.

So my question is how much on a daily basis? I've only been back at it for a couple years now. My signature shows how deeply I've re-embraced things. My use has increased steadily over these past two years but I'm still such a slacker! I usually do about a half dozen bong single hitters a day. (Never before mid-afternoon and only when my self assigned daily chores are done.) Wife thinks I'm losing it yet she uses cbd right next to me! Anyway, I see references to use all day at work or toking down half a dozen or more doobies per day. I think that meant alone. So you light up, and then put it out and come back to it later or stand right there and choke down the whole thing?

Well, like I said, I'm curious. Different strains for different times of day? Am I just slacking or are there limits to our collective insanity?
    TENT: Cool Grow 3x3x6 LIGHT: M-H TSW2000
    EXHAUST: AC Infinity T-4 and controller 67
    AIR CIRC: AC Infinity Cloudray S6 x2
    IRRIGATION: BluMat Tropf NUTRIENTS: Earth Dust

i have a very sweet strain (close to GSC) that really makes me hungry and thats what i smoke before breakfast and late at night before the munchis. the rest of the day i smoke a slightly more potent and less lethargic strain. i smoke joints so one before breakfast after waking up, one after break fast, one during the morning, one after lunch, another one after dinner and around 3 more late at night with the wife watching netflix, i do bong rips and a couple of vape bags during the day too here and there. i tend to avoid the "sativa" high. btw im 27 years old and i grew up with acces to high quality bud so i dont have that "ye old days" feeling

Comment

• Spidermite
      Spidermite commented
      Editing a comment
      We always keep GSC around for stomach issues too. You can take 3 good hits, wait and hour and you feel like eating. Iced grapefruit will kill lots of pains such as headaches body aches and stomach issues (not as well as GSC on stomach) but you have to limit how much its reall stout smoke. If you smoke a couple bowls or smoke a well rolled joint by your self just find a good movie and sit it out. Lol

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      yeah, i got a friend that has stomach issues too (she vomits a lot and has pains and appetite loss, but shes not bulimic or anorexic and loves to eat) and i give her this strain for that exact purpose too, she says weed its the only thing that help her go tru pregnancy because at first she didnt smoke and was loosing a lot of weight, then she started smoking every day and gave birth to a healthy 20 inch 8 pound baby

OlderNOTwiser Yeah you slacker for sure . (just kidding (; ) But only when compared to a life long outlaw whose suddenly legal. I didn't change the law did. I was in the fortunate position of being able to smoke all day any day I wanted except of course that made me an outlaw.The herb was always for medicinal/spiritual purposes. Now for the past 6 years I have been able to grow my own. I learned a lot about pot during that time. Growing good pot is mostly about good seeds. Finding a strain that suits you. Then properly drying and curing. 30 days after drying is a magic number. The good stuff is good as soon as it's dry enough to smoke but it will make your chest hurt and your heart race. Cure for 30 days ! Hell there I go rambling again. Have a great day !! Just an aside, old movies make me cry when its good stuff.
    Focus and relativity.

Comment

Well here not including what is used for edibles we go through about about an ounce to 2 ounces a week. But that includes cbd strains with .03% or less thc. If you include what we use to make edibles that number would go up alot. As far as strains we have and use alot of different strains. And when I say we have alot of different strains I'm not joking. I doubt a dispensary could match my strain selection.
      You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

I grow with my dad & we usually do two or three strains for the year & switch it up the year after that. Right now I've been smoking about 8-10g a week, same strain for about two months; Apex Seeds Deus Herer. I tend to get sick of the same strain after a couple of weeks but this shit's just growing on me more and more, it's a really balanced high; mellow and relaxing when you need it to be but if you have shit to get done best believe you're going to be one concentrated mf. I smoke purely recreationally, although it probably helps with my anxiety and sleep paralysis. I've never really given much thought to morning strains and nighttime strains, although if I had access to somewhere I could grow legally and legally purchase cannabis I would probably have a specific strain for each day of the week

Comment

I start with a coffee in the morning - smoke joints throughout the day - probably about 5 - 8 joints, depending on how I feel. Sativas in the morning - indicas in the later part of the day. My wife will have a toke or two during the day for her pain - always a good Kush smoke before bed. Puts me to sleep in minutes.
          How much do I smoke? I don't know - I don't weigh how much I've grown cuz I don't want to admit to my wife how much I smoke. Just a guesstimate.
          ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
          Mars Hydro
          Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• Spidermite
            Spidermite commented
            Editing a comment
            I dont weigh what I smoke I just know how many jars we go through in a week.

• s62
            s62 commented
            Editing a comment
            I weigh out an 1/8 at a time and keep it in a small stash jar so I can access it throughout the day. Helps me pace a bit, vs just taking from the jar.

• Spidermite
            Spidermite commented
            Editing a comment
            Well we usually use at least 4 grams a session. At night before bed while watching TV we can easily go through 10 grams. Again this is most likely 50% CBD with almost zero thc.

This song was accurate in my younger days, now just replace joints with bong hits and it's pretty similar.
          SublimeTOP 20 SUBLIME SONGS ON SPOTIFY:https://open.spotify.com/playlist/7vMedDd5E2XhZFRsfpc3OJWater that's ALIVE promotes Real Health. Follow this link to f...

Comment

• Tersky
            Tersky commented
            Editing a comment
            Sublime is stoner 101 in my book. Up there with Bob Marley (not above tho). Their early stuff was my stoner paradise. Used to drive around smoking to it in high school. That was mid 90's .

• Mr.furley
            Mr.furley commented
            Editing a comment
            Since we're on the subject

• Tersky
            Tersky commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh and dont forget this one! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5zZthqTr-4
            Not really a stoner group but this song made it on my stoner mix tape/cd

I smoke approx a gram per day. At an average of 25% THC (not tested, just guessed it).
          So I would say about .25 grams of THC per day. Just to make it simple math.
          4x4 600w HID empty for summer
          3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
          2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
          running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
          https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

Let my wife read this thread. I don't think I can get away with doing five or more joints/day. Although I do have a high cbd strain just entering flower (autoflower) and two gorillas I'm abusing for my own training. One LST and one topped and LST. Still pretty small but the shape is coming along. My hands don't shake as much as when I started training them. If it snaps we have tape.

Will be trying three ways of decarb this weekend. One will be the old canning water bath and mason jars. Then there will be the food saver in water. (Same time in the canner) And the third will be mason jars in the oven. All three will have a cbd and a thc strain. After the thc strains come out I'll leave the cbd to finish for another 30 in the water and about 15 - 20 in the oven. I may bump the oven from 235-240 to ~250 or so.

I'm still a slacker but I'm gaining ground.

Comment

• Spidermite
              Spidermite commented
              Editing a comment
              Get a pure cbd strain. Surely she wont mind that. It does not mess with you head.

https://www.royalqueenseeds.com/medi...matic-cbd.html is what I'm working on for her. About 21:1 cbd:thc. She thinks she needs zero thc and I'm trying to school her on the entourage effect. I'll eventually get there.

Comment

• Canuck147
              Canuck147 commented
              Editing a comment
              Try 'Northern Dream' has no THC - high CBD

• Spidermite
              Spidermite commented
              Editing a comment
              I can tell you than a good cbd plant will help alot and is worth a try. But it does not help near as much as what it would help with some thc.

This is coming from one who owns a hemp/CBD Cannabis farm. Ours is .03% THC

• YYCannabis
              YYCannabis commented
              Editing a comment
              There was a guy around our area giving away free seeds that are high CBD so I’m told. If I remember correctly, the strain is called “freedom dream” or something like that.

6 to 9 solo2 vape tubes a day and often some infused avacado oil on a spoon too , depending on need. also when i strain search i tick off the high thc (15/20%) and high cbd (over 5%)

Comment

I’ve been a constant volume smoker for a decade...30g/month. Some months a few grams more or less, but steady average of 30. Hippy joints still kick ass over pipes and bongs. 😁

I started to make edibles several yrs ago with high strength flower from my licensed producer (medical Rx herb). I would use 30g of 25% THC herb to make approx 400g of butter/ghee. I use approx 1/2 tsp nightly at around 9:00pm before smoking a hippy joint at 9:30pm.

My job involves driving, so no daytime thc for me only CBD to take away the sharpness from my pains. (One of my customers is the city police evidence storage facility...I do enjoy the irony of that. 🤣🤣)
              There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
              1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
              2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
              3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

Hehe

Ranges from 'not enough' to 'is that a lot?'

Comment

• Mr.furley
                  Mr.furley commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Or in my case "where did all go?"

• LurkingInTheGrass
                  LurkingInTheGrass commented
                  Editing a comment
                  True dat

After reading this, I might be the biggest pussy in the group. Back in the late 60’s we would get high, listen to music and giggle til we fell asleep on the floor of my friends apartment. Then 50 years of responsibility kicked in and I only knew I had missed as many Allman Brothers and Grateful Dead concerts as I’ve gone to in the ‘old days’. When I went to a friends house I saw what looked like cannabis leaves in the garden but he said they were tomatoes, a new variety. WTF, I’m not always on top of it but I knew this was bullshit. When he told me all about it, I had to really see what it was like.

I jumped in 101% hydro, soil, HPS, CMH, led, it was all in there. With those 3+ dry pounds from that crop, I used about 3 oz over the course of 6 months. I realized by reading, there was so much more than joints after 50 years. I got heavily involved with cannabis education for cultivation and post processing. That’s why I am grateful to have discovered my calling after such a mis guided direction in life. My goal in retirement, which should have happened a few yrs back, would have been as a cultivator manager or even owner of a dispensary. Sadly, the landscape of the business has evolved poorly and I abandon all of that vision in lieu of just continuing my passion for restoration of anything really ANYTHING.

My sister uses CBD oil for several issues and I started buying Charlottes Web oil for her but it ain’t cheap. We seem lost in that arena. In an attempt to improve on the cost and effectiveness aspects, I bought 1/2 lb of Black Tie ChemDawg and tried to decarb and infuse my own oil for her. It’s way way cheaper but she seems to think it isn’t doing anything. Still experimenting

I use 4-5 hits every few nights for sleep, cannacaps for joint pain, cannabis topical salve for my aching guitar worn hands and concentrate extraction for a real wallop on weekends and a few edibles. During the day I found it difficult to possibly lose focus on anything as I am either working or doing some shop activity where fucking up would be disastrous. Currently welding and woodworking and rebuilding an old FARMALL tractor. Imagine that.

I thank my very good friend and mentor Alltatup for kickstarting my exploration into the very exciting depths of cannabis.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
                  D.A.A.S.69 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Duane and Dickie, used to always have a big fat joint stuck in their upper strings, even when playing their guitar solos, from people throwing joints on stage. Hellava live band, the best or one of the best, for damn sure, you were very lucky to get to see them at BillGrahams, Fillmore East, I'd have given, my left codz, to be at that concert, we down South had been hearing them for several years before they recorded that album, that album woke up all the Yankees, up North, an everyone else, around the world, even Clapton.
                  Some of that weed was damn good stuff,
                  back in the day too, it wasn't always bricked up bs. Especially when them long branches of Oaxacan bud, rolled up in newspaper turned longways, started showing up.
                  Great memories from them days past.
                  We saw the GDead, a bunch of times too, musically, talent wise, they couldn't hold a candle to the AllmanBros, imo, but they were fun as hell, to watch, if you were eating acid or mushroom tea,
                  Farmall

• Toker1
                  Toker1 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The Yankees or the red leg jayhawkers? Lol 😉

• Farmall
                  Farmall commented
                  Editing a comment
                  D.A.A.S.69 it would be one amazing thrill to go back 45 years and meet D.A.A.S.69, I’d bet it would be one for the record books ! The Fillmore was a nut house. I saw Ten Years After there in 1971?? And the opening act was Doug Kershaw, a Cajun fiddler who was really good BUT that Fillmore crowd would not cut him a break. They just kept screaming “ ALVIN, ALVIN’ and he finally gave up after about 10 minutes of playing “ diggy diggy hi”

This oldie says it all for me. https://youtu.be/7ejj81Y2ZlM "Have another hit of sweet air in the morning". Infrequent use of my produce on my part. My only use is an occasional QC check. My main consumers are my wife, and the maid.

Comment

• s62
                  s62 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I still want to hear more about the maid!

• SoOrbudgal
                  SoOrbudgal commented
                  Editing a comment
                  s62 you are gaga over that dern maid LOL. I picture this scene wife and maid all relaxed watching the Roomba do it's thing and giggling.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X