Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SoOrbudgal
    commented on 's reply
    High there Lulu28 sounds like summer heat wave where your at. Give those gals alittle adjustment after transplant not to intense direct sun first day or so a little shade but kept outdoors of course. Yes cloth pots but I still use short squat black plastic also with lots of drainage holes 15 gal. but I need to also move my pots later in the summer for sun directions so they are easier for me to pick up and move around. I got a big 30gal fabric takes me and hubby to lift it so be careful, we have grown some really great weed in 10-15 gal containers really good yields outdoors in the past. Not this past summer weather to cold this fall. Good luck to ya.

• Lulu28
    replied
    Ok u have convinced me to try air or cloth. I will go get one 😁

Leave a comment:

• Spidermite
    commented on 's reply
    Wait did I miss another question. If I did I'm sorry. We have an ongoing argument at the farm about plastic pots vs air or cloth pots. I like my plants to dry out fast. Our old grower liked plastic because it held moisture better. He has since moved on when my plants outside averaged alot more than his. This is a legal grow so we had thousands of plants. I let him do his thing and was happy with his results. I didn't have to care for his plants so maybe that's why I was happy. This coming season I am stuck doing the job until we find someone else.

• Mr.furley
    commented on 's reply
    Now that funny right there.

• Lulu28
    replied
    Only pot size??? Kidding. Thanks everyone for the advice

Leave a comment:

• Mr.furley
    commented on 's reply
    That is nice of you to say Spidermite, but we all know you got some great outdoors plants not to mention how good your indoor grows are I'd have to call it a tie.. I have to agree when it comes to pot size Outdoors bigger is better.

• Lulu28
    commented on 's reply
    So I have no experience this is my first but I was worried that air pots would dry out to quickly as it's really hot and humid at the moment.? Can that happen it's about to be 40 degrees C which is 104 F and humidity up to 90 percent some days
    I go to work and they are outside all day. Still need to find a sunnier spot which neighbors cant see.

• Lulu28
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah I drilled about 8-10 holes. I'm going shopping for more pots on the weekend so it's just temporary. Hopefully it hangs in there 😅

• Spidermite
    replied
    Not to step on any toes as I believe Mr.furley has beaten me in several competitions but outside I use 50 gallon air pots. But we have a much longer veg period outside here than most of the world. Inside I've gone to 15 gallon pots for autos and 20 gallon pots for photos. But again others produce the same as me In smaller pots. If you are using super soils or homemade soils the extra size allows for almost no nutrients needed.

Leave a comment:

• FunkyButtLovin
    replied
    They're looking pretty good. I noticed you transplanted them to larger pots and one looks like a big rubbermaid tote, did you make holes in the bottom for drainage?

Leave a comment:

• Lulu28
    replied
    Hi Mr.Furley thanks for ur advice. Bigger pot and more sun. Just trimmed and topped again

Leave a comment:

• Mr.furley
    replied
    Your topping is fine but they need more Direct light. Get bigger pot, like 7 to 10 gallon if you are growing outside.

Leave a comment:

• MDR
    replied
    I'm no expert, but that was the same size of my plants when I first came here. I was told to get bigger pots

Leave a comment:

• Lulu28
    started a topic 2 Questions Please ?

2 Questions Please ?

These are grown from random bag seed. They are 3 -4 wks. This is my first grow. I topped them 2 days ago. Q1. Did I top them to high up the stem? Q2. Do they need bigger posts now?

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X