Super cropping during flower?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Super cropping during flower?

hey folks, question to anyone. It may come to a point where i may need to use some drastic measure's. Has anybody used super cropping on their plants AFTER flower begins?(Nebulas article was for plants in VEG) Like myself, my tent is vertically challenged, so, LST has been my grow option. Lights are now maxed out for height so im limited to further adjustments... Im good for another 3-4" but after that i might be fighting light issues. is this too much of a strain on the plant during flower Thanks..
    Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
    Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
    6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
    Canna Coco/perlite
    General Hydroponics Flora Series
    Cal/Mag.

Tent
    Bruce Banner
    Kushy Kush
    2Cookies and cream

I hope you get some soild advice. I am worried about this too. Iam in a grow tent of 5 feet and the distance from my bud sites to my light is getting closer.
    Vivosun 2 X 4 X 5 grow tent
    Viparspectra 450W and 300W LED
    Vivosun 4" inline duct fan with carbon scrubber
    2 small 6" fans
    Promix HP
    GH Flora Trio with CalMag

Comment

I have been known to break limbs over, not off! The plant seems to think its gone and fattens all the other buds, and the broken bud gets really really fat. One must try this at least once in their grow, just to see it.

Comment

I had 4 or 5 plants in the Green House that I had to super crop, off the top ,rub between thumb and finger until it softens and is easily bent the knuckle will get huge ,and you will have a branch that has a bunch of 3 inch buds
        new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
        current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

Yes as OJ stated, it can be done and should be as needed. Just take time feel the squish just a little wiggle gently bend
          Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
          indoor/outdoor grower
          1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
          1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
          I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
          Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
          Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
          Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

I'm with ojh and budgal. I've had to do it many times as well. Just soften the branch by squeezing it then bend it where you want it. It helps to tie the branch down as well so it doesn't just pop back up.

Comment

I have been super cropping when trying to fill my scrog screen during first 2-3 weeks of flower, that's the process and normal operation as far as I've read in the tutorials. I'm growing photos not sure if that matters.
              3' x 6' Grow Closet for Veg w/HLG 300 V2 Bspec
              New 5' x 9' x 7'11" Gorilla Tent for flowering with new Optic Slim 600H
              Flora Trio w/Cali and Hydro guard
              5 gallon Bucket DWC and bucket scrog set up

Comment

It's not gonna hurt a thing, you got to do what you have to sometimes.
                Your gonna be just fine.
                Cfls for a week or two
                315lec for everything else
                Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
                36x36x63 inch tent.
                6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
                Smart pots
                Molasses
                Autoflowers

Comment

This grow is the first time I have tried it, and it down work. As stated above, decide where to bend, give it a couple of squeezes and bend it down. One issue I did run into was my fans would really blow it down into the canopy. I supported it with shorter buds branches and it worked fine.
                  Attached Files
                  Proving the world just needs more tumble weeds
                  A tale of two seeds
                  Batter Up Sour Deisel
                  Batter up! Amnesia Haze Autoflower
                  New Year, New Grow, Jack Herer DWC
                  Batter up, Girl Scout Cookies extreme auto (GSCE)

Comment

You can supercrop with impunity throughout the grow. I utilize hemostats as they allow me to get in nice and tight and it's quick, with great feedback when tissue "pops". Good cropping to you.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• oldjarhead100
                      oldjarhead100 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I would think those hemostats would hurt the stem flesh or crush it , good luck with it

Medusa got bent tonight...three tall branches. Wasn't as freaky as i thought it would be. I could really feel the stem inside soften up after pinching it a bit. I'm thinking that since these clones are a test group(still have at least 1/2lb from first harvest) i may get a bit more aggressive with them. I chopped a bunch of stems last night that weren't gonna put out a decent bud and have been pinching off all the little flowers starting way down low.
                    Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
                    Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
                    6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
                    Canna Coco/perlite
                    General Hydroponics Flora Series
                    Cal/Mag.

Tent
                    Bruce Banner
                    Kushy Kush
                    2Cookies and cream

Comment

• SmashGuitar
                      SmashGuitar commented
                      Editing a comment
                      A work of art homegrown!

• Tersky
                      Tersky commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Lookin good man! One suggestion is you may want to (gently) tie the branch down for a bit until the knuckle develops. I have found that sometimes the plant heals and actually tries to straighten back towards the light raising it higher than you left it at. If that makes sense.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X