No announcement yet.

Cannabinoid hyperemesis syndrome (CHS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I made a choice a long time ago, before I read all the hype, something deep down said it is bad and I went with that feeling. Right or wrong that was my choice and I made it.
    I know someone that is allergic to weed, or so she claims,,,, all the same symptoms of CVS/CHS,,,

Comment

I want to first start off by thanking everyone that posted...bravo!! The feed back was superb!! And everyone was civil..what drove me to start this post was a reaction I had to blue tuna I smoked about a week ago when a friend stopped by to show case his stuff he just finished up..looked really good had all the attributes..BUT when I smoked it I had multiple reactions took about two days to get back to my norm..spins vomiting vertigo and dehydration feeling and just felt hung over..no Bueno at all.so like any human I started to self diagnosis just drove myself crazy!! I thought I had cancer ..I had liver failer so on so fourth ..then another friend of mine came by and we got to talking and to my amazement he was sick to.. off a bad batch of weed so I sent the last bit I had to be tested and again to my amazement the stuff had contaminations in it mold at levels you couldn't see with naked eye and other things so now I am at guard when it comes to smoking other growers stuff unless I know the growers and how they grow and their habits..if someone says neem oil is safe and was used properly and followed instructions and I was in the circle to smoke I would bow out and not smoke ..it's not me being paranoid..I rather just not..money makes people do things not humanly like..so this article could be many things fake news anti cannabis act scare tactics .my view..hmm. not dosing properly smoking weed that's not safe maybe pacing yourself and chemicals not properly flushed out or useing pesticides a week or two before harvest.. I've been growing a long time but sometimes it feels like it was my first grow.. again thxs to everyone and yes gwe is the best site for info .. knowledge and of course the people.

Comment

• s62
        s62 commented
        Editing a comment
        Great follow up, gringo, thanks! Sorry to hear you were sick. That’s really scary!

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Greengringo This is such an important statement!!!! After growing my own, I can barely tolerate anything else: it either tastes or looks like crap, is so dry it turns to powder, or it's weak ass shit.

Fortunately, I've never smoked mouldy buds, and I'm sorry for your incident!! Dangerous!!!!!

People can be so ignorant and do such stupid shit. I got gifted some weed from a buddy who told me the grower used moth balls in the grow room to hide the smell. I promptly threw it away.

Fake article being pushed by anti-cannabis people.
      1. No location of this individual.
      2. No hospital name.
      3. No doctor's names, no name for the gastroenterologist...nothing about the facility at all.

Have to learn what markers to look for truthful articles, especially in today's world of journalistic fakery.

Comment

No thank you s62..

Comment

I guess I’m today’s world one article about some shit from who knows who discredits all the work/research done by various real scientists. I’m talking years of work and documenting it’s benefits. Look up real news about the Neem Tree in India where it comes from and what it’s done for humans. It’s a nitrogen fixing tree as well .

Comment

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, agreed: Neem is great for many things and has been used in Ayurvedic medicine for thousands of years. But that don't mean you want to smell it or inhale it off your buds!!!

Many things that are great for ingestion or external application are absolutely not good for inhaling.

Thxs alltutap couldn't have said it better my self

Comment

So, everyone, WHAT IF ALL CASES OF CHS WERE CAUSED BY MOULD, MILDEW OR OTHER CONTAMINANTS?

I'm going to poke around and see what I can find out. Doesn't it make perfect sense???!!! This is a really important issue and needs scientific investigation. They did indeed discover that contaminants were causing chemical burns in the lungs of the folks who got sick or died from ecigs. They were getting shit that wasn't properly purged.

TO BE CONTINUED...
            Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
            2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
            Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• jimicloudstuff
              jimicloudstuff commented
              Editing a comment
              For sure, the only time i ever got sick was trying to salvage moldy bud, lol.

Yup that’s what I’m saying if your growing yourself why would you spray anything on your buds? Even if the bottle says safe to use up to the point where your herbs are in your bong and getting ready to be lit doesn’t mean I’m going to be dumb enough to doit. I have used spinosad before it says safe up to harvest I believe but I only used it up to 2 weeks before I switched to 12-12 and if I would have to use anything during flowering cycle I would just cut the plant and start over. Something many people won’t do specially if it’s for money that’s why fuck dispensary grow your own.

Comment

King Cholera, people! If people drinking from one well are getting sick, but people drinking from another well are not getting sick, guess what's making people sick? It won't be one person getting sick from smoking moldy weed. It will be several people susceptible to smoking moldy weed from that harvest and curing. I've smoked my share of mold, back in the day. It wasn't great but I didn't know any better. Luckily, I didn't die.
              Please read I believe good weed can cause people problems. An extended friend smoked weed once and pretty much shut him out from the rest of the world. That was one person of many smoking the same thing.
              More elephant!

Coco/perlite
              3x3x6

Comment

This article claims that neem can very toxic and isn't good to use with Cannabis, one of the best phytoremediators that absorbs contaminants in the soil.
                https://steemit.com/cannabis/@drutte...neem-poisoning

The author says:

This nonsensical syndrome is being made into a Boogeyman by politicians to justify the continued prohibition of cannabis!
                We can dispel the CHS myth - and prevent people from getting sick - by spreading the word: NEVER use neem oil (Azadirachtin) on cannabis!

Correction: on GWE it already says to exercise caution with neem oil, as some folks have allergic reactions.

Glancing down the search results in Google, there are various articles about the neem problem.

A linked article--https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3841499/--claims that in India, where neem is widely used, neem poisoning is rare in adults, but that it can make some individuals very sick with the exact same symptoms Greengringo described after he smoked some of his buddy's bud.

I also see lots of sites claiming that CHS is a "poorly understood condition theoretically caused by heavy, long-term cannabis use" (quote from Leafly, which I've never trusted): Cedar Sinai, CBSnews, addiction centers, clinical psychiatry, and other conservative sources who would print and repeat this kind of crap with no scientific evidence. In 2014, even High Times magazine agreed that it was a "chronic use" problem.

C'mon now: WTF does "chronic use" mean anyway?

CHS horror stories about a kid who died from it: https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/326357.php#9 But after reading the article, I couldn't see how Cannabis was to blame.

I see that synthetic THC can be extremely dangerous: https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...52818018318026 I like to think of synthetic THC as one of the bad guys that Blade had to get rid of in Blade II. Mutant vampires, mutant THC.

My conclusion: We live in times rife with all sorts of urban myths and legends about Cannabis, and a lot of them are being promoted and highlighted by folks whose financial interests don't jive with legalization. Alcohol is the third leading cause of preventable deaths, I just read, 88 thousand fatalities per year. Cigarette smoking: 480 thousand per year. I'ma keep vaping my pot chronically and as heavily as I can, but I am getting rid of the neem and replacing it with Spinosad.
                Last edited by alltatup; 11-18-2019, 04:55 AM. Reason: made a correction
                Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
                2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
                Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• Farmall
                  Farmall commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Damn nice job my friend.... A+ research. You put your mind to it and your stamp on it. Looks like we’re all better for it

• Toker1
                  Toker1 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Only issue is no recorded cases of this poisoning by smoking neem oil on Cannabis. Sure someone recorded got sick who drank it. Not the same thing! So the jump from this product makes you sick to smoking this product on Cannabis makes you sick is quite far fetched.

• Tersky
                  Tersky commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I was going to give a like, but then saw the "Blade" reference and my hand just liked it on its own! Gotta watch out for that mutant THC!!

Awareness is our goal so that no one else gets seriously sick or worse..die? Everyone knows it wasnt the amount of cannabis that was smoked ...this has been proven years before legalization..maybe a little white out of green out I'm guilty of that but I learned from it..but even when I was outdoors in the field with the spray can I new better always protected my self with a rag over my face or a respirator if one was available but my point being is money and greed are playing a big roll ..hell you see it on the news big pharma has another recall on weed that has a mold fungus spore out break which mutates when it enters a host...wtf!!!! And then the bug sprays that get pushed by the grow shops ?.. when will it end ..I hope that no one here goes through the same experience I went through its not good and tell you the truth I honestly thought I was going to die..I'm reading more on chitin now I guess the Indians are migrating away from neem ?

Comment

I just want to say great job everyone fabulous!!... abundance of information unbelievable..

Comment

Comment

• alltatup
                      alltatup commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Very strange: No name for the guy, he has no channel, no way to contact him. He also had a pre-existing condition. Is he basically saying that inhaling neem destroyed his digestive system?

IMO CHS is a legitimate diagnosis and it can deadly due to the dehydrating effect of the symptoms, but the assumptions being made by so called medical professionals that it is caused by the cannabis itself is just garbage science.

There are a number of different contaminants that we can find in various different samples of cannabis that could possibly explain the onset and symptoms of CHS. Just like we find various different contaminants in food that give us the same symptoms. We don’t blame bread for making us sick if we happen to eat a piece that is moldy, we blame the mold.

If everyone throughout the production and sales chain doesn’t practice good personal hygiene, the potential for an illness increases exponentially. We as consumers, handle the raw product with our hands before we smoke, vape, or eat these products.

For Example: I get flower that was contaminated because someone in the chain didn’t wash their hands after using the restroom and then proceeded to handle the flower that I purchased. I then take that flower and put in my grinder. My grinder is now contaminated and will continue to be contaminated until I sanitize it. But it’s not just my grinder, I touch the contaminated flower with my hands so everything I then touch with my hands afterwards has the potential to be contaminated, lighter, rolling machine, papers, filters, and anything in my pocket when I stuff my lighter back in it.

Some people are getting sick because of the contamination, it could be mold, mildew, fungus, pesticides, poor hygiene or a super cocktail of all of the above.

Some people could be getting sick through an Associative Placebo Effect where they got sick once from using cannabis and their brains link the psychoactive effects of cannabis to feeling nauseous. I get the same effect whenever I drink Tequila, as soon as I taste it my stomach turns because one time when I was younger I drank too much Tequila and got sick.
                    Failure is an opportunity for improvement!!

Current Grows:
                    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...s-jedi-og-grow

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-gorilla-grow

Completed Grows:
                    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ang-jack-herer

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-northern-soul

Comment

• Toker1
                      Toker1 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      If you smoked weed and went to the ER for stomach issues in 2005 then you were diagnosed with CHS. The data for diagnosis is skewed at best, and not significant at worst.

• s62
                      s62 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I think I’m with you on this one, toker

Obi-Wan wonderfully said .

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X