I guess I am not buying from Seedsman anymore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess I am not buying from Seedsman anymore

FYI, I live in California where it is legal. The last couple of grows I bought seeds locally here in Cali, but I kept getting a stray hermies so I decided to try for better genetics. I ordered from Seedsman this time and I paid for the stealth shipping so I would get the delivery guarantee. Two weeks go by and my order comes, from LOS ANGELES, in just a padded mailer. The seeds are in very small zip lock bags with the name stuck on it. It doesn't really make me feel like i am getting the high quality seeds i am paying for. So, I guess it was a big waste of time and money to try and get better seeds from an overseas seed bank. Any one else have this issue?

Thats how most seed banks send seeds as they have to get through customs. I have had no issues with seedsman and would recommend them over most seed banks. The genetics are good too. Not sure about the whole LA thing. They have been having troubles with customs so maybe they are doing something different. I dont know why you are saying it was a waste of money. Have you tried growing them? If they dont pop contact seedsman and they will probably send you more.

Comment

Jwolffie, Try growing those seeds first and see what happens. Seedsman has an excellent reputation and I can attest to that having yet to encounter a problem when ordering. Also when you opt for stealth shipping/guaranteed delivery I believe it says at their discretion they may or may not keep the seeds in the original packaging. I'd like to get the packaging too but I'd rather get the seeds.

Comment

That's how my seedsman seeds came too. The are vigorous growing plants. I had 100% germination rate from them too. I'd grow them out before forming a negitive opinion. They do have a great reputation!

Comment

I've ordered from a couple different seed companies, had issues with one order germinating, got excellent customer service replaced the seeds on my word and a photo of failed seeds, and definitely got the strains I paid for. I dont understand why your local strains aren't high quality. We are getting ready to have seeds available here for MMJ and I am curious. Lots of things can cause perfectly good strains to herm. I found this out a few times. Heat, stress from pests, water issues can all cause herm. It's a defense mechanism to ensure the plant carries on, from what I understand. But I am also curious if they sell less than perfect strains, seeds from stressed plants, etc, keeping the hand pollinated for their own stock. Could be paranoid but dont see why they would work so hard to develop a strain to sell seeds. Anyone have an insight to this?
          I bet Bob Marley's mansion
          has a garden in the back
          Where he's growing something special
          Some celestial homemade hash
          we'll sit down on his front porch
          And listen to the angels band
          Until then I'll sing I'll fly away with a fat onefin my hand

Comment

Originally posted by jwolffie View Post
            FYI, I live in California where it is legal. The last couple of grows I bought seeds locally here in Cali, but I kept getting a stray hermies so I decided to try for better genetics. I ordered from Seedsman this time and I paid for the stealth shipping so I would get the delivery guarantee. Two weeks go by and my order comes, from LOS ANGELES, in just a padded mailer. The seeds are in very small zip lock bags with the name stuck on it. It doesn't really make me feel like i am getting the high quality seeds i am paying for. So, I guess it was a big waste of time and money to try and get better seeds from an overseas seed bank. Any one else have this issue?
            the seeds are obviously going come basicly low key/quality packing.1,they are small 2,basicly illegal.3 how much did you pay would that cover luxury a box.

Comment

Just saying, I could have bought them locally if that was what I was looking for. Why pay extra and get them locally any way?
              I will still grow them, it just wasn't what I was hoping for.

Comment

• Tersky
                Tersky commented
                Editing a comment
                I dont understand. What were you hoping for? If you buy from any over seas vendor they are probably not going to be in original packaging because to do so would increase the chance of it being stopped by customs. It's not legal to ship things like plants and seeds via the mail overseas and im not just talking about cannabis. It doesn't matter if you are in a legal state or not. Until it becomes federally legal in the US and probably even longer then seeds will always have to be hidden from customs. If that bothers you then you should probably not buy from over seas.

• WeirdWiredWolf
                WeirdWiredWolf commented
                Editing a comment
                JDU, my last two Seedsman orders came from other legal states, they probably do dropship on occasion (the return address was simply "Shipping Department" so it looked like a million other Amazon orders and who's gonna look at that too closely).

I've had nothing but great results from Seedsman. I do like to get the OE containers, kind of cool to have but it's the seeds that count. My go to source.

Comment

Originally posted by jwolffie View Post
                You can request that you desire the seeds to remain in the original breeder's packaging. Then you can be confident you are getting what you paid for. However then you risk detection by customs. That is my only bitch about Seedsman. I have had three confiscations by customs on three separate orders. I do like their wider selection of strains, but the confiscations, and extended wait time have turned me off on them. 8 business days is what it takes for an order to arrive from Amsterdam with Nirvana. They are quick, and you can bet on the quality of their genetics. You might give them a shot, but do plant the seeds you got from Seedsman. You shouldn't be disappointed.

Comment

This was not my first order from Seedsman. I am just comparing the seeds I just received with the seeds that were actually shipped overseas years ago before it was legal here. Had I known in advance they were coming from Los Angeles I would not have paid extra for stealth shipping. It's not like I am not going to grow them, it just feels a little like bait and switch

Comment

• starramus
                    starramus commented
                    Editing a comment
                    jwolffie All three of my confiscations occurred at the L.A. customs office. Alex of customer service after the last occurrence told me they were rerouting their shipments. It could be they are coming in from the east coast, and being shipped to LA, and then reshipped. He didn't give the pertinent details so I am just guessing, but that might explain the LA postmark.

I thought he same thing but being that they have a good reputation I funguses I will get what they say I’m getting other wise the business wouldn’t last long.

Comment

Order from here shipped from there, welcome to the business world! It makes good business since to have distribution centers.

Comment

The seeds quality, seems more important than the packaging/marketing&shipping. IMO
                      It's all bullshit - until you smoke it!

KISS @ Dry/Cure:
                      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-kiss-dry-cure

Staged Harvest:
                      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-in-the-wings

Grow Journals:

#3, Window Sill Grow - auto:
                      http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...nic-soil-24-7g

#4, KISS grow- Girl Scout Cookies- auto:
                      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ies-autoflower

Comment

• RagWeedDWC
                        RagWeedDWC commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I just wonder how long it will take before companies like Stine, FBN or Monsanto will patent the seeds and control them. Hybrid everything and even if you can produce a viable seed they will see you in court.

• Rwise
                        Rwise commented
                        Editing a comment
                        They have to find me first,,,,

• RagWeedDWC
                        RagWeedDWC commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yep, know that drill, coming from a family the knew more than one way to make money from corn and sugarcane.

That’s what’s funny to me people talk shit about neem but then grow they’re plants with Monsanto products. Somewhere here it’s says they bought off GHTrio and that gets pushed around here like Monsanto pushed roundup. So hmmm wtf sometimes I think we are just fucked all this legalization is making boo boo out of everything

Comment

• Tersky
                        Tersky commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Monsanto did not by GH. Hawthorn did. Found a thread where someone emailed GH and this was the response: https://www.marijuanapassion.com/thr...onsanto.71281/

"I was so horrified that GH had sold out to Monsanto that I wrote them. I did not really expect a response, so you can imagine my surprise when I got one.

This is the content of the e-mail I received from GH. I will have to look into this further.

"
                        Hello,

The rumor that General Hydroponics was sold to Monsanto is false. Hawthorn Gardening Co. purchased General Hydroponics. Hawthorn Gardening Co. is a subsidiary of Scott's Miracle-grow which has a licensing agreement with Monsanto for Roundup in the home and garden market. That means Scott's distributes the non-commercial version of Roundup. They are not the same company. They simply sell one product made by Monsanto and only in the home and garden market, not the agricultural/commercial market.

Nothing here at GH is changing. Not our formulas, not our ingredients, not our distribution channels, nothing at all. Hawthorn Gardening Co. wishes to focus on Urban farming and hydroponic food production. General Hydroponics will continue to provide products for its target market as it always has.

Thank you,"

I've been using GH trio for over 5 years never had an issue.
                        Last edited by Tersky; 11-18-2019, 12:32 PM. Reason: Link

Had to read this whole thread again to decipher what I think is the issue/perception of an issue. I received an order from Seedsman about six weeks or so ago. Postmarked from Oklahoma. I believe it was their site that explained what they were up to. Too many confiscations and orders resent. Which means lost revenue for them. They changed their process to be more stealthy overall. I believe they ship in bulk to various distribution points. From there the orders are broken out, repackaged or at least relabeled and off they go. I doubt very much the Los Angeles postmark means it originated in LA but rather it was broken out from a bulk shipment and sent along to the destination from somewhere in LA. Could the seeds have originated in the U.S.? Sure. Or 'Nam or Holland or anywhere really. Did your shipment originate in LA? Probably not.
                      TENT: Cool Grow 3x3x6 LIGHT: M-H TSW2000
                      EXHAUST: AC Infinity T-4 and controller 67
                      AIR CIRC: AC Infinity Cloudray S6 x2
                      IRRIGATION: BluMat Tropf NUTRIENTS: Earth Dust

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X