Just cant stop myself. Can you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just cant stop myself. Can you?

Ok I need a break. I know I need a break. After every grow I tell myself I'm taking a break. It never seems to happen. At work we only have 100 plants left to go. At home I'm down to 3. Usually at this point I have 20 or 30 babies started not counting the farm. So at least I've made it this far without starting more. But there are so many strains to try, so many different growing methods to try, so much more to learn. I have several members here to visit so I'm using that as my strength to not start another grow. BUT

I've now got 20 new strains between work and home to try. Ugggg give me strength to take a break. How do you guys stop yourselves.
    You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Can’t stop, won’t stop. 😤
    4x4 600w HID empty for summer
    3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
    2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
    running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

• Toker1
      Toker1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Best of luck my friend. When you get bit by the grow bug, you are infested. We all are.

• Spidermite
      Spidermite commented
      Editing a comment
      I just need a few weeks. But honestly I dont think I can do it. You would think this years long hot summer in the fields would have cured it, but nope.

• Toker1
      Toker1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Haha. We will be wishing for more hot in a month or two.

Bigger question....Why would you want to? lol. This is only my second grow but my first grow never stopped..i had plants already sprouting and cloning before the first plants were 3/4s of the way. And i did the same thing again..doh..got two clones that need 24h light but my tent is switched over to 12/12 now. And i have another 14 auto seeds coming in the mail this week.! i need another tent. haha its a sickness....but i dont feel bad.
    Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
    Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
    6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
    Canna Coco/perlite
    General Hydroponics Flora Series
    Cal/Mag.

Comment

• Spidermite
      Spidermite commented
      Editing a comment
      I dont want to quit, just want to take a break. If you keep up with my brief posts you know I grow alot of plants. Both Cannabis and a full fruit and vegetable garden. We have about 80 acres I delt with this year. Plus at home. We grow what they term "hemp" for cbd legally on a pretty large scale. I think the government should just call it low thc cannabis or cannabis for cbd production, but if they want to hide behind the word "hemp" that's fine. It's still cannabis which the last time I looked is still marijuana. It amuses me to no end how the media uses words to hide the truth. Like here is one, some shipping companies make us list the cbd flower as hemp biomass or they wont ship it. The will ship hemp biomass all day long. Idiots and there words.

Anyways I just want a month where I can keep my mind off starting more seeds. But I dont see it happening.

Nope, It's perpetual and so much fun.
    You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

I'm not at all tired at this point in our perpetual growing, it's the other parts of life that are making me unsettled. Thank goodness for learning how to grow indoors. Helps keep my mind off ending my career working for the man. So much paperwork to finalize my retirement. Anyway it's a blessing to me to be able to grow year round. I enjoy the anticipation of choosing what strain to grow. But soo many different names and strains being made. Looking for my needle in a haystack feels like. But for some odd reason it's fun to me.
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Spidermite
        Spidermite commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes retired government worker here myself. And it's really that I just need to rest to recuperate from health issues and the stress of life. Congrats on your upcoming retirement. It can be alot of fun. Just dont go nuts with plants like I did.

• LurkingInTheGrass
        LurkingInTheGrass commented
        Editing a comment
        Anticipation, might be a bit high falutin

Agonizingly painful decision, to select the strain. Then, if you have more than 1 seed of the chosen strain ...

LOL

• Rwise
        Rwise commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm with you on choosing the next plant/s to grow, and what to keep and grow agaun, so many strains so little time left for me to grow them!! Then if I did there would be all the new strains developed in that time,,,,,,,,,

I know, send me your seeds. Oit of sight out of mind 😁

Comment

I went a week without growing since I started 2 years ago. It was a nice break, but I knew I couldn't go too long lol
        Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

Take a break? Are you mad? I know that I would go into CAMFO (Cannabis Abandonment Mode Freak Out), SHAB (Sad Humans Are Boring) and CREAM (Cannabis Rules Everything Around Me) Cream get the money dolla dolla bill y'all.....
          Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
          2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
          Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Currently I still have 3 plants left inside. They are probably gonna average over 400 plus grams each so I havent taken a break yet. We have 75 left at the farm and they are gonna be beautiful. They are turning dark purple. So I'm excited about that. These are cbd plants and the strain has left me for the moment but pics to come.

But no worries the break wont be long. Give me enough time to go visit in Kentucky and then shoot up to Boston and hopefully a few days in Maine. Then I'll restart the inside girls and get the summer grow mothers growing if we havent already.

Comment

• Spidermite
              Spidermite commented
              Editing a comment
              My private messaging is not working properly. Someone asked when I was heading to boston. It depends on when these last plants are done and packaged. You can try pming me again and maybe it will work. Is anyone else having issues with pm?

Click image for larger version

Name:	received_1194964864041938.jpeg
Views:	165
Size:	1.86 MB
ID:	347268Click image for larger version

Name:	received_534597313993145.jpeg
Views:	175
Size:	1.37 MB
ID:	347269 For those who dont follow the other thread here are the purple whatever they are.

Comment

• Mr.furley
              Mr.furley commented
              Editing a comment
              Prudy flower.

• Toker1
              Toker1 commented
              Editing a comment
              Looking delicious as usual!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X