Any experience with these Boveda packs? Over-dried the weeds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any experience with these Boveda packs? Over-dried the weeds

Yeah so, had to travel for work. Had a batch (2/3 of the grow) drying and it over dried. It is a little crusty and crumbly. RH in the jars is 42-46%. (In the properly dried and curing jars it is 63%) Bought some Boveda 62% packs and added them to a few of the jars and have the RH sensors in there.

Anyone been through this?
    Should I see some improvement?
    How long do these packs take to rebalance the RH and does it rehabilitate the nugs?

Back in the day I would have peeled an orange and dropped it in the baggie and presto the next day I had nice moist weed again, but if I didn't smoke fast enough it leads to mold.

Since this is still curing and trying for some longer term storage I went with the packs and not the orange peels.

Counsel, advice, guidance, pity and commiseration welcomed and appreciated.

Just threw the same type Boveda packs in myself recently. Anything that was in the 56+ range is at 60-62 (two days later), where other jars on the low end of 40-50 are in the mid to high 50's today (three days later). Did you purchase the 8gram pack size?
    Meesta's Grow
    2019 https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-meesta-s-grow

2020 https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ta-s-2020-grow

Comment

• billyboy
      billyboy commented
      Editing a comment
      I am the next size up from the 8gram. (they look big to me - couldn't quite get all the weed back in the jar after adding them)

They claim they are 2-way packets and go both ways.... ( skip the pun). I don’t know how much they will raise humidity

Comment

I'm actually using them too. Only I tried it a bit different and under dried my buds. I had a lot of smaller buds and didn't want to over dry those so I left the trim on and dried for about 3 days in an open closet. When I trimmed them I also went ahead and put them in the jar. Smaller buds were pretty dry and the larger ones were fairly wet. They started a bit high (right around 70% I think) but have lowered since and are at about 63%. I open the jar a few times a day and let them breathe for a few minutes and so far they're working great for me. I can't wait for the final product cause they smell amazing

Comment

Not a fan of the Boveda packs myself for long term storage, but they should work for your purposes of adding moisture.
        Once I get the buds where I want them my jars stay sealed for months at a time. I may occasionally crack one open and give it a feel and a sniff.
        I think the boveda packs keep the weed to damp for my liking, but that's just me.
        "That's your fortress of fucking solitude. That puts you, for the rest of your life, at a level of fuck you. Somebody wants you to do something, fuck you. Boss pisses you off, fuck you! Own your house. Have a couple bucks in the bank. Don't drink"

Comment

• billyboy
          billyboy commented
          Editing a comment
          I didn't like doing it so much myself. Wish I hadn't been a dummy and dried out the grow. I have not done all the jars. Was thinking I may do the orange peel method in the other jars and as you said - once I get the RH I want pull the peel and seal them up.

• Farmall
          Farmall commented
          Editing a comment
          The fragrance of the orange is so nice added to the terpene scent

That is good news folks, thank you!. Overnight we are up to 49%. A good sign in my book.

Comment

Hey Billy, when I have over dried buds I just cut some fresh popcorn buds off of a still growing plant and toss em in the jars.

Comment

• billyboy
            billyboy commented
            Editing a comment
            I never would have thought of that - thanks!

• D.A.A.S.69
            D.A.A.S.69 commented
            Editing a comment
            billyboy i always try to keep some of the big stems, branches, after trimming, just for that purpose.

i think you made a big mistake, if you were to left the jars un opened for a few days the moisture would have risen slowly as the chlorophyll gets broken down, by adding moisture you will disrupt the curing process. those packs are made for long term storage of cured buds

Comment

• billyboy
            billyboy commented
            Editing a comment
            We shall see. 1/3 done right. 1/3 Boveda. 1/3 Added popcorn buds.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X