Purple steaks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Purple steaks

Does any one know what causes this purple streaks in the stalks.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20191019_053051.jpg
Views:	269
Size:	2.85 MB
ID:	343970
    This clone came from a mother with a nice green healthy looking stalk, so I know it ain't natural.
    These clones plants have been under those cheap LED'S
    and now have been under a full spectrum light for the past 5 days.
    I was hoping to see the streaks go away, but it's still there.
    The soil there in is that good pro-mix vegetable micro nutrient stuff...so I cant see it being that.

Any thoughts?

Looks normal to me! I’m a noob though, so wait for others to answer.
    Gorilla 3x3
    LEC 315
    Kind Soil
    Current: White Widow XXL, Crystal M.E.T.H., Six-Shooter, Afghan Kush Ryder, Northern Lights x2, Strawberry Cheesecake

Comment

I imagine it is some kind of stress. I get it on mine sometimes, usually it correlates with feeding for me, but that could be it being too wet just after watering or maybe slight nute shock. I havent looked up an answer but my plants look healthy otherwise so i'd be interested if anyone knows as well.

Comment

• Tersky
        Tersky commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh and it happens sometimes where i bend a stem so it could be that too.

• 9fingerleafs
        9fingerleafs commented
        Editing a comment
        yep thats correct, it relates directly to the nutrient intake of the plant, when fluids dont flow as they should (too cold or damaged branch), when there is a problem with roots (root rot or pest), when a lot of stress stops the normal processes of the plant (stunned) and when the plant has an overall nutrient deficiency (very low ec) all can cause purple lines along the main branch, sometimes (some strains) even get dark red. the new growth has no purple so the stress is over but the existing lines will stay for a few weeks. nothing to worry about. all clones go thru that phase as they start growing again

I've never had a plant that didn't get purple stems. Nothing to worry about. When you get to flowering you might have purple leaves as well. Purple leaves are magical.
      But do check your nutes.
      More elephant!

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6

Comment

Yeah
        well the've recently been transplanted in its final 10 gallon tote and there might have been some root bound in the old 15LTR bucket and that was at least 2 weeks ago
        i haven't had ta really water since, other then maybe moisten the surface. Fresh new soil really holds water plus I added "Iguana Juice" organic grow.
        And they definitly restarted new growth.
        I'm on a 5 on 5 off work schedule up at the mine, so when I come home for my 5 days off I really notice the new growth.

And yes I've pinch the center branch and crimped most of the branches so there ready for scrog.
        Click image for larger version  Name:	15717057832597617602645733117088.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.60 MB ID:	344078Click image for larger version  Name:	15717058596218672187387348141566.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.70 MB ID:	344079
        so there's a few factors that can be the culprit.
        and after taking those 2 pics, I noticed the purple streaking is all north of the crimp knuckles
        but I mean....other then a bit of streaking there well on there way.Just waiting for the mother plant to finish budding and these are going next.
        Last edited by 4barrel; 10-21-2019, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Potassium deficiency is known to cause purple stems but that is not your problem. Those look ok to me so enjoy those 5 days off

Comment

• 4barrel
            4barrel commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah .
            Thanks.
            Unfortunately I'm in my motel now for the next 5 days...uggg

They old head I got my seeds from grows several strains. One particular always comes out with a red stripe up the main stalk. He calls it candy stripe. The same growing conditions but different strains. Just the one.
          More elephant!

Coco/perlite
          3x3x6

Comment

• 4barrel
            4barrel commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah I've seen this in many different grows.
            Like I said.
            The original seed mother plant from these clones is in my bud room right now, and it dont have a single purple streek anywhere. It puzzles me

Purple stems can be from stress or genetics. I definitely had some here and there. I wouldn't worry about it unless growth starts being affected.
          Meesta's Grow
          2019 https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-meesta-s-grow

2020 https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ta-s-2020-grow

Comment

• 4barrel
            4barrel commented
            Editing a comment
            Ah nah...
            I've seen this in just about every grow I've done.
            And it's never seem to affect anything, all ways had a good turn out.
            Except for out door plants.. I've never seen this in out door plants.
            That's kinda why I thought this had ta do with bad lighting.
            I've just always been curious what exactly causes this.
            Maybe one day I'll narrow it down

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X