Silica gel packs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Silica gel packs

What about silica gel packs, temporarily, in jars, to help bring RH down when ambient RH is about 70%?
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

My experience with bringing humidity down (with bovida packs and not silica) is flavor was not as intense as the slower methods.
    4x4 600w HID empty for summer
    3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
    2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
    running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

Just dump them on your tray for a hour, flip them once half way, re-jar and check the humidity in the morning. All them packs change the taste of you flower and should be used to "store" for long term use, not settle your humidity.
      You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

I've had them laying out in my tent, exhaust fan pulling out moisture. The humidity fluctuates so much I might get 5 degrees variation in an hour, never less than 68%. Doing a long term cure is not an option for me. My growing is a supplement to dispensaries. I now have my grams half filling an old 2(?) pound coffee jar with 6-4 gram Boveda packs. Enough or not, it's what I currently have to work with. I understand they are not for controlling humidity.
        The grassy smell is almost gone. When I take the lid off the jar it smells like cheese berries. The bowl stays lit. And five slow bowls is enough for me in a day instead of half to a full gram of shatter. I'm happy with what I have.
        Maybe I'll man-up and figure out to have some left at the end of the month when I can put it away to cure a bit more and get back to a dispensary.
        More elephant!

Coco/perlite
        3x3x6

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X