No announcement yet.

The Great Bagseed Showdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4x4, 450w viparspectra, 2 50 watt panels. 6'' intake fan, oscillating, I need an exhaust fan bad. My temps reach 92. What do you think about this? I need something powerful and quiet. My budget is about 120 bucks. https://www.amazon.com/AC-Infinity-C...dDbGljaz10cnVl

Edit:

Just bought this baby https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07FP...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Last edited by Nofriends1; 10-29-2019, 04:28 AM.

Comment

• Gingerbeard
      Gingerbeard commented
      Editing a comment
      I am way too budgeted for a big sucker like that and my space doesn't call for it. If your fan does what you want, it's a great fan.

I use muffin fans for exhaust. Because of my living situation, because I like the smell of weed, and because I don't have folks over who give one way or another, I don't worry about filters. I have one muffin fan sucking air in at the bottom and one blowing it out the top. My temps stay in the lower 70's. Of course, bigger tents require more venting.
    Since your light is on and you're getting such high temps, leave your tent flap open and close it back up when you go dark.
    Last edited by Gingerbeard; 10-29-2019, 10:10 AM.
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

Originally posted by Gingerbeard View Post
      I use muffin fans for exhaust. Because of my living situation, because I like the smell of weed, and because I don't have folks over who give one way or another, I don't worry about filters. I have one muffin fan sucking air in at the bottom and one blowing it out the top. My temps stay in the lower 70's. Of course, bigger tents require more venting.
      Since your light is on and you're getting such high temps, leave your tent flap open and close it back up when you go dark.
      Indeed, i would love to have my temps drop to around 70. I'm going to just duct it out the window. It's literally right where i I sleep , gets a little warm. Im def on a budget too but i need these temps DOWN.

Comment

5 weeks, now. Continuing the LST.
        Since other people are showing theirs, here's my first try at the Solo cup deal. Also 5 weeks. Watering it twice a day, nutes when the other two get theirs.
        More elephant!

Coco/perlite
        3x3x6

Comment

Update: Bagseeds on bottom. Peyote critical top left. Blue dream top right. Looks like bottom right bagseed is stunted. May axe it soon, as I'm only set up for 3 plants. I'm at about 300watts out of wall. This is after 9 days growth.

EDIT: Bagseeds about 14 days old.

Comment

Forgot to show this. I just got hooked up with 58 of the bagseed from Old Head! There were 59 but I ate one.
            More elephant!

Coco/perlite
            3x3x6

Comment

Damn 58, that'll last s while lol. I have 10 to 15 bagseed left.

Comment

bagseed experiment, I got some bagseed one of the plants was an hermy, and I decided to try and create my own feminized seed, so far I been successful, still no great yield, next time I will try SOG+topping(also extrictly outdoor)
                Pura Vida!!

Comment

Week 6.
                  Trimming three leaf nodes up and letting the tops do their thing. (Solo cup) #4 is also coming along nicely.
                  More elephant!

Coco/perlite
                  3x3x6

Comment

Week 7.
                    These plants have been super H and LST'd and trimmed. I've taken to supercropping when stems reach about 3 inches. Just a good roll between each thumb and forefinger. They recover pretty quick and put out nice, thick stems with more bud sites popping. A few weeks, yet, before flipping.
                    If you look at the plant without the birdhouse, you'll see the main in the upper left of the plant had a break. The only way to tell there was a break is by the tape. The main didn't seem to notice and is just as vigorous as it's opposite stem-mate. Sports tape and sprits of H2O2 and water.
                    All except the little seedling with the sports tape. A cool thing about bagseed is I can experiment for free. This little one has been bent over once and back up. How much HST, how early.
                    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
                    3x3x6

Comment

I have some I found in a 35 mm container in an old backpack i havent even seen in 4 plus years. Surely those are just good old fashioned underground bag seeds. I am currently at max capacity for my grow laws, but will be eliminating males soon and I'll be happy to see what pops up when space permits. Despite what some think, regular old bag seeds can produce some amazing herb. Sounds like a fun grow
                      I bet Bob Marley's mansion
                      has a garden in the back
                      Where he's growing something special
                      Some celestial homemade hash
                      we'll sit down on his front porch
                      And listen to the angels band
                      Until then I'll sing I'll fly away with a fat onefin my hand

Comment

• Gingerbeard
                        Gingerbeard commented
                        Editing a comment
                        You have a 35mm film container? Dude, bro, man... my dad was a medical photographer. We used to have those things all over the place. But by brother and I disassembled fireworks and stored the pyros in there. Memory cards? Yeah. Got a bunch of those things. But wow! an actual 35mm. Tell me you have a 35mm camera.

Yes. It's a Japanese SLR, the shutter sticks. Have 3 lens, tripod, meters. Just a keepsake now.
                      I bet Bob Marley's mansion
                      has a garden in the back
                      Where he's growing something special
                      Some celestial homemade hash
                      we'll sit down on his front porch
                      And listen to the angels band
                      Until then I'll sing I'll fly away with a fat onefin my hand

Comment

• Gingerbeard
                        Gingerbeard commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Wow. I had a Cannon. I was a pro with that thing. Point and shoot isn't the same.

• YYCannabis
                        YYCannabis commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I remember when something needed to be memory-worthy before snapping a photo. That shit costs money to develop. If I had to pay to develop every pic I took on my digital SLR I’d need 3 jobs. Last wedding I attended I took almost 800 pics...and I was just a guest 🤣

• Gingerbeard
                        Gingerbeard commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I hope you were invited YYCannabis

Week 8.
                      I think I'm done trimming. Only taken a couple fans in the past few days. Feels like it's about to start flowering. lil' Miss Solo might keep vegging for fun.
                      More elephant!

Coco/perlite
                      3x3x6

Comment

9 weeks old. 1 week flowering
                        Not much trimming since last post. It's all about the training. The length of the plant can't get any longer at 20". I can safely get 15" width on each. Lots of bud sites growing. Bushy main stems. Rolling stems between fingers when there's enough stem. This might be my training method of choice.
                        We're going vertical, now. Any more trimming will be done in two weeks unless they keep growing like they have been. Otherwise, more light training and squeezing.
                        Solo is looking cool. The leaves are a bit yellow. It might be from the water I was giving them between nutes. I collected over two and a half gallons of rain water a few days ago. It's a rare commodity. Solo will be getting rain water and nutes from now on.
                        When the plants get too much to handle and get tent bound, I made a little watering bottle to get in under the leaves. Who has the best hamster water bottle joke?
                        Last edited by Gingerbeard; 12-01-2019, 05:18 PM.
                        More elephant!

Coco/perlite
                        3x3x6

Comment

Big updates since yesterday. I came across the wire shelf that goes in the vegging chamber of my tent. Turns out that thing makes one of two perfect screens. The other being one made from cooling racks I found at a dollar store. Turns out, too, that chopsticks are the perfect height to sink to the bottom of the pot and hold the screens at the perfect height.
                          I can see this to be the way to go. A lot of twisty work went away. Don't have a single wire on the plant. I should have put the cooling racks on the other plant for the bud sites.
                          This grow is officially named 'Tesla's Daughter's' in honor of the looped stem, vertically cut, electrocuted plant that didn't make the experimental phase. The plant on the left is Crackle. On the right is Pop.
                          End of first week of flowering.
                          More elephant!

Coco/perlite
                          3x3x6

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                          X