No announcement yet.

The Great Bagseed Showdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My wish is my command. I picked up two more racks and reSCROG'ded Crackle.
    Might be done with pictures for a while.
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

10 weeks growing. 2 weeks in flowering. I'm convinced scrogging is the training method of the future.
      More elephant!

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6

Comment

Third week defoliation. Eleven weeks old.
      I'm going to remove every other wire of the meshes. The little gaps make for a tricky retraining.
      More elephant!

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6

Comment

• FunkyButtLovin
        FunkyButtLovin commented
        Editing a comment
        They're looking great, keep up the good work.

12 weeks old. 4 weeks flowering.
      A buddy is starting his own tent grow. While he's piecing his together, I get to make use of his Viparspectra V600 600 watt LED with flowering and vegging settings. It's going to be a while because he's still vegging a couple seeds I gave him.
      The light was on in the tent without any intake, exhaust, or circulation. The temp was only about 71°.
      I realized molasses brings down the pH of water between a full to half point.
      Last edited by Gingerbeard; 12-22-2019, 06:11 PM.
      More elephant!

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6

Comment

Almost 13 weeks growing. Coming on 5 weeks flowering. Whatever days and moon cycles and junk. Few full sentences.
        I started laying the main colas down a week or so ago. Lots of light to the lowers.
        Might be harvest at the end of January.
        Last edited by Gingerbeard; 12-28-2019, 06:40 PM.
        More elephant!

Coco/perlite
        3x3x6

Comment

• Woodsman67
          Woodsman67 commented
          Editing a comment
          Man, that's cool as shit. Two thumbs up

• Gingerbeard
          Gingerbeard commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks @Woodsman76 !
          I'm a vain man. I think it's pretty shit cool myself. Yeah weed!

• YYCannabis
          YYCannabis commented
          Editing a comment
          I dig that spiral training.

Way to grow there Gingerbeard love that solo cup
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

These will be the last pictures of one plant for sure, probably two, with a good chance of three, alive. Most ever' one of the hairs done turned orange or brown or some positive color like those.
          Nothing much to say, again. Except the seed chopping thing. No pictures of that. I wound up with a bunch of missing trichomes around places I took The Craw to. Missed a few seeds, too, but still lost the trichs. I recommend against removing seeds.
          I'm not in tune with the easy way of sorting pictures. Use your imagination on the order.
          More elephant!

Coco/perlite
          3x3x6

Comment

Well, hell!
            I've been avoiding this. I'm ashamed, dumbfounded, unsure of my growing prowess. I've saved myself some embarrassment by not taking pictures of this crop. The buds were light and airy. All said, it was under the 56 gram goal. Friends dig it but I think it's a bit harsh. The seeds didn't develop. The unpollinated little bastards were still annoying.
            The Solo cup was probably the most successful at around 4 grams. The buds were a little tighter.
            The only differences in this grow were lower temperatures and the 600 watt LED I had for the last few weeks of flowering. I read to keep both flowering and vegging switched on during flowering. The colas were thicker with sugar and smaller leaves than flower.
            On that whole flowering and vegging light switch thing. Is it a good idea to keep both settings on during flowering?
            I've wound up blasting most of it. Probably 5 grams of real light colored, fine grain wax. Good stuff. Very piney and wonderfully stinky.
            So, bagseeders. I am done with bagseed for a few months until I get better natural light.
            I will remember.
            I will be back.
            More elephant!

Coco/perlite
            3x3x6

Comment

• JohnEmad
              JohnEmad commented
              Editing a comment
              Ya probably marketing on the plurples was about as semi-scientific as their research when they started making the early LED's

• Rwise
              Rwise commented
              Editing a comment
              I think the thought is the sun changes spectrum throughout the year, so the lights should too
              Are you thinking bad genetics?

• YYCannabis
              YYCannabis commented
              Editing a comment
              The idea isn’t so much about matching seasonal light changes but more about exercising the theory of growth manipulation and limitations of LEDs. Throw in the ignorance of what is “useful” light spectrum and the blurple light was born. 😏

The veg switch activates the LEDs that are heavy towards the UVA/blue end of the spectrum. This is known to keep plants shorter with small node spacing and healthy thick leaves.

Bloom switch is the other end of the spectrum, red/IR. When used for flowering, it is suppose to help the bud sites grow larger swollen calyx (ie large fat buds).

What’s missing from these lights is all the mid-spectrum colors. Scientist use to believe that green was useless to plants because the green supposedly was just reflected off the leaves and not absorbed. This has been slowly disproven over the last couple of years. Plants evolved to use the full spectrum.

With having said all that....just turn on both switches. The plants want both ends of the spectrum all the time. 😎

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X