No announcement yet.

Oregon Outdoor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The bucks are going crazy this morning. Heard them before daylight just banging up a storm, then the does I see running now 6-7 all together LOL trying to escape the fellas. Makes for early morning commutes on my dirt road and then hwy very hazardous. Dark when I go to work dusk when I leave from work. Awsome…...not!
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• duckman
      duckman commented
      Editing a comment
      good to see the ladies sticking together

Wife and I retired 4 years ago, same day, same place...people freaked out! While we are certainly not out of debt we're close. Good planning and at least some good luck has us in a position that we could travel a bit and not make too large of a dent. However, kids and grandkids keep tapping our wallets but more impactful is the hit on time. Kid sitting is a near constant it seems even though we never once tapped any of our parents during our time raising little ones. Different times I guess.

On the bright side we realized quickly that we no longer needed to drive two cars in opposite directions every day, no longer needed to plan a week ahead for meals at home and at work. Vehicle maintenance is WAY down. Clothing expenses are also WAY down.Grocery expenses are WAY down. So many things we took for granted as things that either needed to be done or needed to be worried about are no longer anything to be concerned with. In short, all expenses reduced in sync with the change in incomes for us. And rediscovering cannabis and growing is just the hobby I needed.
    TENT: Cool Grow 3x3x6 LIGHT: M-H TSW2000
    EXHAUST: AC Infinity T-4 and controller 67
    AIR CIRC: AC Infinity Cloudray S6 x2
    IRRIGATION: BluMat Tropf NUTRIENTS: Earth Dust

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for the thoughtful reply OlderNotwiser ( Oh but you are wiser) So far we've been fortunate with our kids and grandkids hitting us up $$$$ they know and seen how we've struggled to have what we have. And we've been very honest with our kids. We've always done it on our own, we've never asked for money from our folks for "whimsy stupid toys" we never allowed our kids to get the "gimmies" everytime we went into town to shop. I'd point those kids out to our youngest daughter and we'd stop and talk about what we'd seen. Yep we absolutely know how to get by with less.

Sure we've given our grandkids good fun time memories doing things they wanted to do and then things we'd rather not but shared with them LOL. My hubby has a Silverado that's got 85,000 on it, we'll nurse that for along time. I got a CRV with 180,000 she's my work car still running strong. And I treated myself to a new Accord payed it off and it's our "road trip" vehicle. Got our travel trailer which is our home away from home. I'm ready both in mind and most definitely in body.

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      I love it!!! Can't wait!!!

How i'd love to get together to meet with some of you folks, hopefully that will happen sometime!

indoor/outdoor grower
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to

Comment

Ok, so the old farts club is official and there are a bunch of members. I have lived 6 miles from the Canada border and 125 miles from Cuba. Homestead Florida was terrific but I was 13. My wife is from a very small town and it is amazing , the transformation from “country” to bright lights and big city girl. It has been remarkable to a point where she will not go back to small town life and I would JUMP at the possibility in a heartbeat. She spent 3 1/2 yrs watching our 4 yr old grandchild 5 days a week 8-10 hours a day and would do it again tomorrow. Me, I need to fly a few more times before the day comes that I get seriously grounded.

What drives my thinking? While we are not in a metropolitan city this once rural area has been transformed in the last 35 yrs. The developers waved millions under the farmers noses and the farmers said’ I don’t need this crap anymore... up at dawn, worried about weather, getting help for the crops”. Sunshine city here I come” and who would blame them. Their 1000 acre farms made way for housing developments all over the county and now while the space has been consumed, they, build vertically.... condos and apartments. Developers profited and the town was left with congestion, crowding and ridiculous tax increases to support bigger fire,police and schools. When we moved here it was specifically for the rural quality of living we knew, we’ve got a lot of land and space here and it is quiet...but head down the road 2 miles and you’re in the mix. They’ll buy up my land quickly and out. But where to go? Not far from the kids however. That perpetuates my disdain because I’ll never escape so, the reality is...where am I goin’.

im not really bitchin’ about costs or money YET... but as time moves along, I’m sure I will. My latest retirement ambition was to work in weed. Something to do but they’ve already made those ambitions an impossibility and not the thing I might have fun with...you know, it may not become legal for many more years. I study the politics of it all and it has evolved already from big dreams to no way. All in a very short 9 months. You guys in California, Oregon or Michigan even Maine and Vermont can enjoy a very relaxed atmosphere ..almost like we do here on the forum but outside the door, it’s as tight lipped as it was in 1967 or else and then, Monday I’m back on the road to work.

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Farmall, you never know what's around the corner; it may be legal everywhere sooner than we think. And you'd have lots of pains in the ass if you moved to WA or OR unless you were totally out in the boonies, cuz the traffic out there is just as bad.

We old farts, we notice things that people who are in their 20s-40s don't, because they are busy forging their careers and families. We have been around for longer and we feel the changes more keenly than younger people do. That's why old farts always complain about how things have changed, and I PROUDLY complain about the same things: the traffic, the development, the cell phones in yo face all the freakin time, global warming, etc., etc, etc.

Only thing I'm happy about is the Cannabis is far better quality now than it was in the 70s, but everything else makes me cranky, and complaint-prone. I'm proud to be an old fart.

Hey Alltatup..... thanks for that reality.... I appreciate a guided look into that different perspective. I could tell I was 10 feet from the edge.

Comment

I'm proud to be an old fart too Alltatup..though I don't think old. I have got thru life, worked hard. Still couldn't manage to save anything. But I'm glad to be able to have enough to not have to go back to work. I am lucky enough to live in the country. Never was and never will be a city girl. And I live by small towns. Love it.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Amen sister GardenLady

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Double amen, sister. You sound like me! Just counting down to retirement...

SoOrbugal. You will find all kinds of things to do to feel good about life. Just enjoying life and looking forward to doing something you want to do is what's important. I do woodworking and Fine art painting plus garden in the summer. ..

Comment

SoOrbugal and all the outdoor growers, you are lucky to have that option. growing outdoors. Ya, this has been a pretty lousy year out in the west. At least in western Canada. Cool and lots of rain.
          Farmers losing their crops to mold or even lack of development it was soo cool and damp.
          Hope the gh's do the job.
          With luck I will have the outdoor opportunity in a couple years

Comment

I have had a blessed life ,I did the commute for 24.5 years from a small city into Boston everyday 112 miles round trip, I pulled the plug for my 50th birthday ,as I told the wife we aren't rich but we aren't poor either bills are paid with a little left over , Its been 11 years and I've never regretted it ,Ive turned down high income jobs because I wont travel ,when I started it took 1 hour when I retired it 2.5 hours ,and I've always wanted to have a big get together with you all ,the ones I have met are all cool people we would have a blast
            new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
            current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• s62
              s62 commented
              Editing a comment
              A GWE meetup would be so darn cool!

oldjarhead100 we lead parallel lives. My commute round trip is 128 miles and everyone is going the same direction both Times of the day. Problem is: I should have pulled the plug at 50. This month marks 32 years of the drive

as for a get together , would be one of the next best things I’ve done in 30 years. And I’d be in! Pick a legal state. Start by dividing the country into 4 quadrants....see how many folks are living in each quadrant....the overseas clusters will need to travel a tad more

South West
            North West
            South East
            North East

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
              D.A.A.S.69 commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah, we been sayin we were gonna all meet up and have a smokeout, 3-4years now, when are we gonna do it ?
              I've only met up with 2 folks on GWE, since I been on here, and it was a pleasure, very fine people.
              It ain't legal ,down South, where I live, but I got a vehicle.
              Let's do it one day soon, huntin season going on now, but anytime is fine for me.

• oldjarhead100
              oldjarhead100 commented
              Editing a comment
              bow season starts on Monday ,went out to check cameras and found a note on my tree stand asking me to call the land owner ,so i figured oh hell ill have to pull the stand but no he just wanted to know who i was it turned out I went to high school with his uncle

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm going to be ready for a road trip in 2020 wow those numbers are a dream come true. Remember Barbara WAWA Walters?

Budgal. Hang in there. Soon 😃😃😃😃.

Comment

Well Weedie friends here we are again. Everyone who can is getting all set up for PNW growing outdoors. Today is 5/10/2020 and my teen girl MJ plants are going into flower, figures...… It's what happens when you can't control the light outdoors. So I guess i'll just wait these out and see how long it will take for them to reveg and if they will?? I've had this happen 1-2x in the past but long ago with clones I made. Ahhh the lessons every grow we gather info. try and learn from it but alas it has bit me in the " high-knee" LOL It's cloudy and cool, has been raining off and on for 7days or better. Plants are looking great just in greenhouse still and early flowering with friggin budlets They are way to big to fit 10-15gal. pots in tents LOL shitballs can't go back to 18/6.

So once again as long as I've been outdoor grower for over 35yrs this is the 3rd time it's happened. Keep photo plants on 18/6 till daylight is no less than 14hrs. the more the better. Good Luck to all this season. Click image for larger version

Name:	20200506_132159  green house may 8.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	1.04 MB
ID:	406184This photo was taken 10days ago. They have grown 2x as big with flowering

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

• alltatup
                alltatup commented
                Editing a comment
                They looked beautiful on the 10th!!! I'd love to see them now.

Gotta love the Pacific NorthWest. My wife and I agree that If we had a choice of US locals to live in Southern Oregon or Northern Cal would be the most likely choice. Like the ocean influence and warmer weather.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200518_152058  teens.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	981.5 KB
ID:	406246Click image for larger version

Name:	20200518_152224.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	1.29 MB
ID:	406247Click image for larger version

Name:	20200518_152640  Big Bud.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	650.3 KB
ID:	406248alltatup and whom ever cares to see early flowering teens do to lack of daylight/sun. Happens either they will reveg or continue on the cycle? Been long time since this happened and i'm not sure how they'll go. Any thoughts are welcome.

Oh and that's just a river shot of backyard Rhodie got about 10 huge old ones 20+yrs old 10ft+ tall. lots of azaleas too. And a dark shot of Big Bud hanging. Click image for larger version

Name:	20200518_152001  teens.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	1,004.8 KB
ID:	406245

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

• JohnEmad
                  JohnEmad commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Any good fishin in that river?
                  Looks like a great place.

• Farmall
                  Farmall commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Of course you remember Marlin Perkins from Mutual of Omaha’s Wild Kingdom? He was probably out there in that river Back in the 60’s talking about monster fish hanging out with his waders and rod

• alltatup
                  alltatup commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Plants look awesome, Gal. We have tons of Azalias where I live; like goddamn weeds how they grow and take over, but I sure love em. Beautiful spaces!!!!!!!

Oh---and nice buds in the dark!!!!!!!

wow they are looking great a little confused but health lol I never thought of plants going into bloom in the spring, I dont think I have to worry about it this year my soil is still in a pile ,tomorrow night its supposed to get in the 30s but after that I think we are clear of frost danger ,its been so cold wet and windy I never had a chance to cover the green house and now I think i'll leave it off until fall lol
                new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
                current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X