No announcement yet.

Oregon Outdoor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well good afternoon to all, just completed chopping and trimming another one of my plants, final mama mia from seedsman. I have 3 more to go but 2 have a month a critical kush from barneys and a gorilla bomb from bomb seeds really slowed down I guess do to early fall rains and under canopy no light for days but today I drug them out into a glorious day of sunshine. Not sure how those last 2 will finish, greenhouse I've noticed is not receiving the sun for long so I may just put them on the porch where I get sun for several hrs. If it rains then they'll get stuffed into a small patio that's sheltered and screened. I've got a white widow that's still just cloudy abit of rot in spots but i'm doing all that I can to get rid of it without harming much of the colas.

Rather bummed I've had to harvest a few plants early do to rot at least they had some cloudy trich. I sure hope my dry/cure helps that out. Don't like racey after working all day. Oh well still keeping positive at least were not out of weed now. Can't wait to test some out sure smells good like lemons. My indoor tent has my 4 photos going all mostly indica but I do think I may have a more sativa in one of the same strains, no problem. My tent is 4x4x8 and 2 450r viparspectars using just the veg mode for now at 34" there now 30days old from sprout. Sure hope all is well with the harvesters outdoor, it's been one heck of a short summer felt like here. Started up the woodstove drying out real good. Have a great day all, Peace
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      SoOr we had to do the same thing here in Mass bud rot just sucks , Cant stop it only slow it down and not much of that lol

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      SoOr we had to do the same thing here in Mass bud rot just sucks , Cant stop it only slow it down and not much of that lol

outdoor growing is great for the free photons, but the insects, and the stray pollen are a tremendous pain in the buttola. Makes me want to go back to indoor growing for my summer grow. Had a catastrophic aphid attack on my Amnesia Lemon Kush just about at peak harvest time. SONOFABITCH!

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Well that friggin bites the fun out of it for sure. Yes I worried about all the hemp farms around here but not had issues this yr. It's the bud rot and moist dewy mornings i'm fighting till they finish. Sorry to hear about those Lemon Kush I love that strain. I love anything lemon though LOL

• Farmall
      Farmall commented
      Editing a comment
      SoOrbudgal funny thinking but during the GWE classes NebulaHaze said she’d gone to a dispensary yrs back and the “medical” cannabis they sold her was in fact dried, crispy and mold laden in spots from that kind of “ who gives a shit” processing. I’m betting this happens in a lot of upcoming packaging. Our heads are wired to think it’s medical and therefore pure and clean. Like going out to eat and getting some really shitty meal

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      for 20 bucks you can get 3000 of the lady bugs they will clean up an infestation in no time at all , i dump them in 3rd week so I dont get problems when I have buds so far so good

Farmall Current dispensaries are regular shopping centers. This one in southern Colorado is actually owned by a Doctor Hasan who has expanded from his HMOs into cannabis. https://www.google.com/maps/uv?hl=en...iowCnoECA8QBg# It's becoming big business. The days of Don and Bob's Moldy Weed are gonna be gone.

Check out his former palacial digs. https://www.google.com/maps/uv?hl=en...px8wCnoECA4QBg He has upgraded giving this dump to his son. He doesn't need to sell moldy weed. For certain the Walmart pharmacy will eventually be selling cannabis.
    Last edited by starramus; 10-07-2019, 12:35 PM.

Comment

• Farmall
      Farmall commented
      Editing a comment
      Wholly Moly ! I think this may depend on where you live. I have heard a few opposite stories...THIS though, is something else

Morning GWE grow buds. Wanted to post alittle before I get ready for work...uggg. Hubby took the WW and trimmed her all up and hung her to dry. He did real good job bless his heart. She was all cloudy few amber but was getting more mold/rot on large colas so I had been taking portions off and he just wacked her yesterday LOL so it is what it is.
    Real reason I wanted to post a read I saw in local classified ads here in our little paper. Guy selling full grown he says 17% CBD plants for $50 each U-pick hundreds of them he's got planted WTF. I don't know what to think anymore, times are changing so much with legal weed now U-pick? Just wanted to get some thoughts.
    Were looking at cooler than normal? over night temps here low 30f My last 2 photos are couple wks out maybe more. No longer in GH too cold no elec. not possible, they sit on a screened in porch getting 3-4hrs of sun if that. We'll see i'm in warrior mode gonna wait till done to our liking. Have a great croptober hope your harvests are plentiful and crap mold/rot is minimal.....Peace

indoor/outdoor grower
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to

Comment

Smokey Mountain Nurseries which is close to us sells untrimmed just cut cbd bud for pretty cheap. I guess maybe people want to be more involved or they dont have enough employees. Seems odd to me. Yesterday we had 14 people trimming. Times are changing.
      You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        14 trimmers wow and I bet its all day everyday lol

• Spidermite
        Spidermite commented
        Editing a comment
        oldjarhead100 right now we have alot of people everyday and will need them for a few more weeks. But we have a pretty layed back attitude, we listen to tunes, have taste testing sessions of new strains, and just enjoy being outside. Then on Friday night we fire up all the grills and cook for everyone. Most families show up and it's a great end to a week. We do carry a smaller crew on weekends so weekends are more like a big party.

I was blessed and able to retire early. And I must say I enjoy it greatly..I have been doing wood crafts and landscape paintings. Always something to do. Now with all the help here I am learning more growing techniques. I have garden for over 40 years and never tried to grow marijuana before. There's a lot of neat things this plant does that most can't. It's easy but not easy. 😃

Comment

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        Growing weed is easy giving weed the best opportunity to reach there full potential is dam hard lol

oldjarhead100 well said OJ, nothing like a old fashioned outdoor gorilla grow or legal outdoor to slap you down if you let it. Were all farmers, some years we have great success sometimes Mother Nature rains down her wrath, we just gotta prepare for it, not go crazy on what were able to do.
      GardenLady I'm so excited about retiring just learning to sleep in past 0400 and growing a garden that's not rushed do to work. I love artsy gardens, using river rock with raised beds. My head is swimming in ideas.
      I have 2 photos left to finish may be 3wks or less?? I did feed bloom with molasses today, it will probley be their last bloom feeding rest will be straight H2o and molasses then a wk of drying out in the containers. Gonna go long with these two. My tent is going well there 4 photos, 5gal containers homemade soil mix for indoor. 2burnt cookie, 2 black cherry punch. They are 5wks one has been top and LST, the others in a couple days only 4 nodes so far I wait till 5-6 nodes, they'll be top and LST. Trying to decide about manifold, makes me abit tentative but I gotta give it a try else i'll never know. Anyhoo, happy Friday to all, sunny very cool here. Peace and good growing

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

• s62
        s62 commented
        Editing a comment
        You should go for a manifold or a quadline! I’m finding the training to be a ton of fun, and with photos, there’s no risk. The results usually speak for themselves, I think.

Yes I've really been studying up on it looking and looking at the techniques. I'm going to give it a go. Do you top and LST along with manifold? I've only top and LST one of the tent plants so far so the other 3 aren't big enough for me yet. I generally wait till the 4-5 node to top then LST but mine others at this point only have 3-4 nodes now.

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        I usually top my manifold plants ,when there ready and I top them until the 1st of August then let them go

• s62
        s62 commented
        Editing a comment
        I only have topped the once with a quadline. I don’t think you top quadlines repeatedly... at least not autos. I definitely LST though, really heavily.

Budgal . You will love being retired. I still get up early. My favorite time of day now that I can enjoy drinking coffee for two hours. Lol. And just enjoy it knowing I don't have to go to work😄😄😄😄

Comment

• Farmall
        Farmall commented
        Editing a comment
        Grrrrrr!

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        The Best mornings are the nasty weather ones where you can open a shade and smile that you dont have to deal with it

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        GardenLady You are making my mouth water; I'm trying to make it for 3.5 more years to hike up the social security, but I feel like I'm selling my soul to the devil in the process...

I certainly enjoy not having to go to some job every day! But it was a while before the Daddy I need slowed down, when did I have time to work?!? And the bad/icy weather, I can set and watch others slide into the ditches! I do still get up early,,,

Comment

Old jar head yep that is one great reason. The other is I get to do my own thing now.. @ Farmall..are you growling because you aren't retired yet??? Or at a different post???😀
        And Rwise ..I feel the same way. If they don't get our roads plowed I don't care anymore 😄😄😄😄
        ​​​​
        Last edited by GardenLady; 10-12-2019, 08:15 AM.

Comment

• Rwise
          Rwise commented
          Editing a comment
          What?!? You get road maintenance? I have been trying to find out if my road is mine or the counties. They paved it when I was a youngen, but have not kept it up!

Soooo also would like to know what is manifold and a quadline???

Comment

So like if one stem is horizontal. The buds start growing up from the stem??

Comment

• Rwise
          Rwise commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes! They are luvly this way,,,

Heres one tied down

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Rwise Oh my stars and garters!!!! That is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!! A+++++++++++++++!!!!!

WARNING: this rant may not be for everyone....but since you’ve asked. ... !

I can’t even spell retired yet.... I need to buy 3 consonants and vowels... I should be retired, I’m putting off collecting ss for this year even though eligible. I have younger partners who can’t see any retirement for several more years so I’m stayin in for now. YES, I HATE IT. The area I live has changed despite my highly secluded life and attitudes have shifted .. traffic on a long commute sucks and you never know what hour is going to have overturned trucks or stupid fender benders ON THE OTHER SIDE... AND the people in the direction I’m driving has to slow down and gawk. 7 feet later, we’re back to 70mph. My new truck has 95000miles on it in 2 1/2 yrs, my diuretic works... so in the 100 plus minutes I’m on the road, EACH WAY, I need to stop sometimes twice IN THE MORNING I’m bored driving so I pick at all stupid kinds of snacks. I want to move but we now have grandchildren nearby so ... my wife is locked in. I still want to move. From what I heard on the radio last week I want to move to the west coast. Desperately..but that will not happen and I’m 99.3% sure of it. Someone once said, it’s compromise....haha haha

oh...back to the original question.... no, I grow because it is so much fun and a wonderful experience, the people like you and others here and a few I associate with here of like mind, just seem to have so much of the same thinking and many have similar youthful stories and experiences which brings the camaraderie even tighter. I've never personally met anyone here but there are a dozen or more that I could meet tomorrow and carry-on as if we’d known each other for years.

As I get older I have suddenly had an awakening of sorts. I know I have less tolerance ( not the weed). Time seems to fly. As a kid it took months for a few weeks to pass, now if I think too long, it’s Friday already. It pains me to waste any time and it pains me to apply motivation in the wrong directions or postpone things I want to do. I’m guessing that’s why they coined the words : conundrum and nuthouse

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Farmall for all the reasons listed and then some! I commute on a washed out dirt road to get to a paved road from my house. I then drive 20miles on the dark hwy to town. Dodged and hit so many critters over 40yrs doing this job. Never been hurt but just lucky. Last winter could not get out of our place for over a week do to snow, no power. Sometimes I want to say to people " put your dang pipe down and drive or stay home" i'm loosing my patience with erratic dumb drivers. As long as I've lived here and done "hospital service" I've never been able to take a holiday off. Never asked for much from my job, couldn't attend most sports events of my kids unless it was a weekend that I didn't have to work.
          Lots of lost time working and missing out on my kids that's the only regret. Otherwise life is good, yes it's going by faster in our minds now. I don't have the "positivity" as I use to doing my work and I want to feel like I've accomplished something still. It's time to go from what I've done to something that makes ME feel satisfied instead of just a paycheck.

Is our home payed off NOPE so that's a continuing concern but it's gonna be OK it's cheap rent how we figure it. My husband retired 8yrs ago early at 62 stress/stroke not disabled but took SS and his pension. He's healthier than me!! Except for a few areas but he's a strong man. There are other reasons I feel to personnel but they make me pissed off we loose such good people for whatever reasons. I want to do something more fulfilling.

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Farmall Remember in Dumb and Dumber (you do not have anything in common with either Lloyd or Harry except having to pee), how they filled the beer bottles, and the cop stopped them and drank the pee beer? That's what you need to do.

• duckman
          duckman commented
          Editing a comment
          awesome! advice, atu...love it...one must drink the pee beer to reach enlightenment...

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X