Oregon Outdoor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oregon Outdoor

Worked on my girls yesterday trying to ward off the mold don't want to take a heavy hit. I did what I normally wouldn't do if the sun stayed consistaint but I did what was needed on my 6wk old flowering bushes. I defoliated very heavy even the beautiful green fans. This is a time of decisions right or wrong I made the choice not to harvest early. They are maturing some pistols are beginning to turn amber not trichs. I've moved all plants under cover even the 30gal. mama mia whose had all hellish weather thrown at her, she's now safely brought up to a screened in patio. 3 are squeezed into a greenhouse, 3 are under a canopy. I'm hopping for a finish in 3wks. Peace and goodwill happy harvest time ahead for all.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

with all the loving care you're giving them, SoOrbudgal, I'm sure they'll turn out fine. Weather this summer is all over the place here, too (eastern Canada), there's very little consistency. I don't envy our farmers who have to depend on the weather for their livelihood!

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      True that duckman. All farmers have my heart.

Budgal, I’m sending you the most positive of weather vibes right now! May your grow flourish!!! May you strain your back with the harvest!!!
    Gorilla 3x3
    LEC 315
    Kind Soil
    Current: White Widow XXL, Crystal M.E.T.H., Six-Shooter, Afghan Kush Ryder, Northern Lights x2, Strawberry Cheesecake

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you s62 positive vibes to all outdoor growers. LOL dragging that 30gal. pot up some steps to the screen in patio before work yesterday gave me concern LOL inch wormed it up the steps by golly no strain. Sure feeling the arthritisis creeping in with the humidity and wet cooler temps. My fingers are snapping/popping just thinking about trimming for hrs. But I love it completing a harvest. Good luck with your grow also, beautiful indoor beginnings for you.

• s62
      s62 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! I’d totally help you trim if I lived near you. For whatever crazy reason, I actually kinda like trimming

I love these "Acts of Desperation". But even if they are under cover isn't just the low temperature and high humidity going to be the villain? I don't claim to understand the plant. But have had hellebore's suffer from botrytis in a greenhouse

Comment

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      I found that out it will grow in a GH ,If you can keep the dew off of them they are less likly to rot at least that is why we do it might be wishful but its something

A good friend outdoor grower had a difficult time last year due to the ridiculous volumes of daily rain we Had from August through October and what was a beautiful growing large harvest, turned out more than 50% ruined by botrytis mold

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes talked with some neighbors they've got 12ft x 5ft plants tree/bushes. They are hustling putting hoop house covers or large teepee tents. I try to keep mine more managed for us, I love to grow one monster for fun but she is so much work for me. Next season won't be such stress won't be working 10hr days anymore.

Sounds like you're doing the right thing, gal: defoliation in these circumstances sounds right on! Got a fan blowing on them?
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      ha ha fans haha i've got 11 running and still it shows up

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Not unless I use some small battery fans got 2 of those. GH in remote area without elec. Just windows open to the air, I plan on going out when sun comes up to check on them. O600 here to dark don't wanna go into the woods with a flashlight LOL. I'm going to check the colas real good.

I have to look at some control method myself, now its not cold with the lows in the upper 60s(F) and the highs in the upper 90s. It has been one wet year, and whats that on the radar, another tropical front headed my way so rain from that, then to finish a cold front from the north for the weekend, more rain (and drop the highs a few degrees)
    This for me is a new problem setting here in the dust bowl, I sprayed once with milk/water for WPM and it seemed to help, also added a big ass fan (time to go turn it on). But a plant I just harvested had BR on one limb. To that I shaved the legs on the BB3 (Rusty Glue is next) and picked up some costly stuff called trifecta crop control, treated all plants late yesterday. The next treatment will be only the plants that have shown WPM.
    Good luck with all your crops!

Comment

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      isn't that shit expensive I sprayed the other day and it seems to stopped new breakouts but I have still been finding spots on the one girl but they could be old IDK, did you see that post I did yesterday on baking soda cannala oil and dish soap from the testing it worked better than Milk

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Rwise, best of luck with your also. It's in the 60s here also perfect for WPM see it on my hummingbird vine leaves, half of the huge canopy. Some on my dahlias also, But my weed I need to check this a.m. when it's light. Not going to work again today, Dr. appt. so I've got time and daylight to check on them really good. It's been 48hrs since I've done damage control and seen them. Fingers crossed.

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      @ $35 for 4 OZ, yes its expensive, I read many reviews before I dropped my funds on it.
      I'll have to try the soda oil and soap,,
      A friend is simply washing it off with water and elbow grease,,, I myself dont think that will be effective,, we'll see

SoOrbudgal Monday is fall, we will start dropping to the low 60's and upper 50's, and it looks like a wet fall setting in,,,,
      Good luck with the Dr!!!

I love to grow one monster for fun. SoOrbudgal count your blessings that you have the time to grow a monster .I would love to grow a tree but you cant do it in 4 months lol GH was 96 % RH and 34 degrees this morning lit the heater and turned fans on .when I turned them off last night the RH was 47 , I really wish you luck with yours with no electric it must be hell trying to keep them healthy , i came across a side by side comparison of wpm first they used store bought stuff that did almost nothing ,then they used milk it took care of most of it then they used this recipe per Gallon 1 tbls baking soda,three tbls of canola oil and 1 tsp of dish soap (they used Ajax but didn't say you had to) . In the side by side it looked like the plant was completely clear of wpm,I have to stop at the store so I'm picking up the canola oil this morning
    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
    current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      SoOrbudgal I dont think leaves can get bud rot but what do i know lol, when I find it on a top bud I cut just under it and toss but if its lower down I look at the stem if its discolored the stem I cut below that if the stem is ok I cut the br off and leave it.

Sodo you start them real early and stick them outside as beast already?

• D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      GreenState that wpm, you got is it bad ? It's bad stuff and will kill your plant,if it takes over.
      You can take a wet rag, and wipe it off, if it's not to bad.
      I wouldn't use chemicals either, but it's pretty easy to get under control, if you catch it early.
      GoodLuck with your plants.

• GreenState
      GreenState commented
      Editing a comment
      D.A.A.S.69 Fortunately I caught the WPM early. As it was of my own creation I corrected the environmental conditions which caused the issue, defoliated the affected leaves, spread out the branches and finally sprayed the plant with a vinegar/water mixture. Altogether the corrective action appears to have eradicated the wpm issue, thank goodness(g). The plant is pretty close to being done, hard to find a white pistil now, all trichs are cloudy...just waiting and hoping to see some amber as a final signal to chop her down. Although she is only at day 55 since 12/12, she has matured much faster in the natural sunlight compared to the artificial light used this past winter.
      All the best
      Last edited by GreenState; 09-24-2019, 06:21 AM.

SoOrbudgal odd weather is a major player. Last year the fall presented the east coast with several weeks where the majority of each 7 day week had rain, mist and moisture. Some strains seem to be very susceptible,in outdoor grows, to this issue. My friend had to toss about 2lbs of bud to bud rot. Currently, it has not really rained in the last 8-9 days with zero forecasted for the next 10 or more. In fact, my friend showed me her Durban Poison and had to dig the 10 gallon fabric pot 18” into the ground to keep the tops from peeking over the 8’ solid fence and with dry forecasts ahead, she can gain another week or two towards final development. On the other hand, my Peonies, which have flowered and gone by, have the entire remaining plants , about a 10’x10’ patch, covered in WPM. They’ve been blooming and spreading for over 20 years but I’ve never noticed it before. With all of the talk about it here(WPM) I finally have seen it.

i feel for you as mid October is still 3 1/2 weeks away

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Weird huh? Showed my hubby WPM on our dahlias yesterday, we never saw it before this season and on the hummingbird vines. My indoor tent is ready to go for 4 seedings now under CFLs & t5 lights. I don't want to bring anything from outdoor inside this late in their flowering. All the soil for indoors is separated now from outdoor.

I moved my struggling indica auto strain to the flat patio roof this a.m. has most sun all day. It's 80days old LOL gonna let it run but i'll move it if it rains. I'm looking at sequential harvest in sections possibly next week on 1 and couple more may be able to cut some branches off others. It's just one of those outdoor grow seasons that tries the patience of a farmer. Have a good day.

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SIhlmZT2B4 if you grow Peonies farmel you will like this

• Farmall
      Farmall commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you oldjarhead100, That nearly white looking leaf he points to is my entire patch of plants!

What do you call humming bird vines my wife would really like them
    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
    current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

oldjarhead100 a Trumpet Vine/humming bird vine. Has very large orange trumpet flowers at least mine does grows rapidly once established. Looks like a naked grape vine in winter but boy it explodes with leaves and flowers come summer. Not like ivy thank goodness not too invasive. Anyhootie I don't have rot on my leaves just spots under leaves and very few so far. I'm dragging the gals out this a.m. from under the canopy when it gets light. Suppose to have 70s for several days so maybe i'm closer to harvesting my beatup mama mia ( Eileen) all loppsided bent from abuse boy she would not win a photo contest for best looking structure LOL.
    I took out 2 from the greenhouse put them in my weed wagon just cause it's forcast for no rain till weekend. It's not a clear material it's reflective milky like heavy weaved fabric but has only windows for vent. One is a Critical Kush of which has not enjoyed this summer at all, she was clawed leaf almost from the get go never recovered much but continued to grow. The other is a Gorilla Bomb - Bomb seeds. She just grew into a veggie queen wondered if she'd ever begin to flower finally she got budlets about 1month ago she's gonna be Dec gal LOL if she makes it in the GH. Man what a season.
    Been pinching clear/milky small buds just cause were running low. I will blend that when it drys with last years. I walked away from this local dispensary the other day, it was so bad looking his weed looked like mine from last summer grow now. Old rusty looking ( that's mine now not green at all ) but mine smokes good especially when mixed with fresh bud. He even offered me shake, sorry won't do that. So he's running waaaayyy low like i'd close shop until product comes in. He's barely scraping bottom. Have a great day all, wishing the trichome fairy dusts you with abundance

indoor/outdoor grower
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to

Comment

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Oregon I know what a trumpet vine is just never heard it called humming bird vine thanks so much I love the different names stuff gets from different areas of the country

There is an interesting thought I am having.... in the east coast I can’t see anyone opening a dispensary anymore due to the amazing political wrangling and costs of establishing the entire process. More than several million dollars. To read your description, it reminds me of a few retailers I have seen that are on their last legs between inventory and active sales and when you look around, there is no indication of a vibrant future market. Yet to read almost any articles on dispensaries they are big business lawyered and layered with corporate horseshit.

while beyond retirement age, I still work and thought it would be one of my aspirations to enjoy working in cultivation for a “nice’ organization but the taste I’ve gotten says.... stay the f$^# away.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Well i'm looking at ways to stay active once I retire end of Dec. heck I've looked at working as a trimmer couple days a week, but in the state run ops you need a license to work OLCC $100 this year I think. I don't know i'm still just looking and researching. Yes that little dispensary was the first one to open for medical then rec. but now there are a dozen in our small town and he's suffering big time.

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      I wish I could work ,I retired because of the pain in my legs, I retired at 50 my birthday gift to myself that was 2008 , I've had to turn down 6 figure jobs because I cant do 8 hours a day , some days I cant do one , so I do lapidary work ,I do a little silver smithing ,make drums,but it has to be something you love to do

• Farmall
      Farmall commented
      Editing a comment
      Oldjarhead100, you see? Peope never know the stories in other people and what motivates their activities. Sorry to hear about that. But when you say “ IT HAS TO BE SOMETHING YOU LOVE TO DO’. That is so true and for many, it only appears that we love to do it. I have had 4 different careers in my life and never really enjoyed any ...maybe one and it was short lived. When I can get out of the current rat race, I’m finally out and so looking forward to that. I love the lapidary stuff, it’s the hand work that’s exciting to see a finished product.

Thought of you BudGal when I was scrambling to keep a thunderstorm off my plant!
    TENT: Cool Grow 3x3x6 LIGHT: M-H TSW2000
    EXHAUST: AC Infinity T-4 and controller 67
    AIR CIRC: AC Infinity Cloudray S6 x2
    IRRIGATION: BluMat Tropf NUTRIENTS: Earth Dust

Comment

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      nice cover thats what I used last year

• OlderNOTwiser
      OlderNOTwiser commented
      Editing a comment
      Walked in there at dawn and man what a pleasant smell. Ten day forecast is still favorable so if I can keep bugs and mold away I may get through this. Just in time for snow I think but I'll take it. Been a long time but we're known to get as much as six inches of the stuff on or around Halloween. I look to harvest mid month.

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Works for me has good air that's for sure

Hello GWE grow buds wonderful to see everyone again and play catchup on the grows! As far as my outdoor season has been like most of us it's been a constant frustration of trying to protect the plants to keep them healthy. Like a fellow grower was posting about his outdoor lessons learned, I too have made a decision on my limitations. I believe from now on during outdoor season i'm just going to limit my size of plants. I'm not into giants anymore ( note to self...to hard on my body) I feel lucky to have what I've harvested so far of my photos just abit of budrot but I've got several more that are going to finish within a few days. It's a lot to trim and I do get help but it's a mad rush now to chop and hang, finish trim cure and burp jars and jars LOL.

I love to grow from seed, cloning is my passion also but knowing when to stop is hard to do for me. Our group of growers I hang with are about my age and we all are complaining of backs, knees and hips from working labor jobs for 45+yrs and growing on the side. Time to slow down and grow more quality homegrown for ourselves. I'm really quite happy now that I've got 2 harvested which were a tad early do to space and weather problems. I hate harvesting early but they were at least cloudy a few amber but hopefully the dry/cure will help with the effect.

There are many many large grows that have been lost this summer, but it's the chance we take with second guessing Mother Nature timing is everything in my thinking. I'm grateful for what I've gotten so far and will be thankful when it's all jarred up. I hope everyone got through this outdoor season with some great bud and not to discouraged about the weather and give it a go again next summer. Keep it simple, keep it fun grow good genetics find your limits and stay within them. Have a great Oct. harvest moon. Peace.

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      In the GH I let the girls get as big as they wanted but outside I like to keep topping until the second week of August then I let them go this keeps them around 3 to 4 feet but they spread out alot

• Spidermite
      Spidermite commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes outdoors is a fickle thing. I know you have cool weather there but we are harvesting in record high temps. Average high during the day has been 97. We have had several 100 plus plus days. It hasnt rained here in 2 months so no bud rot which is great. But I'm eager and happy with the weather gods this year.

• GreenState
      GreenState commented
      Editing a comment
      There's definitely something to be said for manageable sized plants
      Especially as we age (speaking of myself of course!)
      28 degrees here yesterday morning, balmy 35 this morning.......

Thanks for the tip OJ I've only ever just topped once out doors then LST, I'm going to top more or find more indica strains that won't go over 6ft. after initial top.
    alltatup yes it's never easy making the decision truly in our case it's both physical and mental fatigue for me, it's time.

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X