WTF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTF?

Man, I've had the WORST luck. OK, I'm not doing anything different than I did on my first two grows. Potting soil and perlite. I germinated 2 feminized gorilla glue #4 seeds but neither one of them ever sprouted. I germinated 2 feminized gelato seeds. Both sprouted then keeled over dead. I tried a couple of feminized girl scout cookies. One never got a tap root and the other sprouted then died. I germinated 2 feminized white widows. One sprouted and died, the other has grown. Today it grew balls. That's the picture. I've got one plant 3 weeks in to flower, and a clone of that one that is 5 weeks in veg, but I was hoping to have more stuff going on than one at a time.. Don't know exactly wtf is going on. I'm gonna shift over to coco coir for future grows. I'd love to hear what you guys think.
    3 Big Bazooka fem
    3 gal smart pots
    coco/perlite
    8' w X 3' d X 7' h grow room
    2 Vipaspectra 450w LEDs

What water are you using? Tap, ro? If it's tap could something have changed? Something is stressing these plants to death or to hermie it sounds and sometimes it could be something in the water if nothing else has changed. Just a shot in the dark but its what i though of first.

Comment

• purpleman
      purpleman commented
      Editing a comment
      been using tap water. tests at 7.0. I know it's a little high but has worked fine in the past.

switch to coco, youll never go back

Comment

• purpleman
      purpleman commented
      Editing a comment
      so, since I have no experience with coco, I'm hearing that a blend, such as coco loco, is what I want, and not just coco and perlite? Also, if I use coco loco, are the nutrients I use gonna be the same?

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      i have no idea what the nutrients should be in coco loco, im guessing the fox farms coco loco nutrients. but i dont know either why would you want anything but pure coco, i think its going to be more complicated to try a potting mix, one of the pros of the coco is that you provide the nutrients, the coco holds the water, and thats it

• purpleman
      purpleman commented
      Editing a comment
      got it. Hard to mess that up!

I'm using a mix of Fox Farm's Ocean Forest and Happy Frog with an added amendment for a super soil bottom layer. Haven't added any nutrients, just been watering. So far I'm happy with the results, and it's been a lot easier since I'm not mixing nutrients any more (started growing using hydro). Hopefully this helps.

Comment

I wouldn't stress to much its sad but sometimes we miss something that we usually do is your soil to hot for babies.. I have a buddy that grows in hydro he would get over 2 lbs with 5 plants then it started going down he had them foxtail, herrme ,grow slow,all bad things he tried everything ,it turned out to be his lines and totes had something going on with them ,after he changed them everything did good
      new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
      current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• purpleman
        purpleman commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't know oldjarhead100 I can't think of anything different. Still got some seeds left from my order from Paul. Taking a break. Gonna regroup and start again with different grow medium. I don't have a hydro set up, but I want to give the coco a try. New territory for me. I'll take all the help I can get.

Hey purpleman don't loose hope. Many many growers are having issues with seeds, from sprouting to stalling. Yes to adding a "fluff" to soil. I use coco coir along with my mix of organic soil, perlite and vermiculite. Or use coco mix. Once my mixes go through 2 container grows i'll toss it to the veggie garden and start anew batch in my giant totes. Don't know if your soil mix is recycled but I do it, but toss after 2 container uses.
      I've got Paul's Black Cherry Punch I plan on growing 2 in the tent for winter along with 2 autos not sure which ones yet. My Burnt Cookie from him is 1 of my better plants this outdoor season. Most of them I have of different breeders are mediocre this season. A lot of folks are complaining about breeders/whole sellers this year.
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• purpleman
        purpleman commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, I've got a black cherry punch in bloom right now, and a clone of of her that is healthy. Trying to grow the clone under cfl while I wait for the one in my grow room to finish. When I put the clone in the room at 12/12 I plan on germinating the seeds I have left. I should probably take a clone from the clone since it's done so well. I'm not blaming Paul, most of the seeds cracked and grew tap roots in no time. Only my third grow, and I never had this problem before.

Totally, I wish my cart of clones I took didn't "run down a hill and flipout" literally!! Had 2 of his burnt cookie along with several others that just got tossed out from a runaway garden wagon LOL friggin pissed. Anyhoo I've been more than pleased by his seeds, only complaint is with other seed wholesellers who's old whatever problem seeds we've had.
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X