Vaping (dank) trim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vaping (dank) trim

Ok, I fully expect you all the shun me for this, lol, but science demanded it done. I trimmed up an already trimmed, curing bud super, super tight; got almost ALL the sugar leaf off. Then looked at the pile of dank, frosty sugar just sitting there and said fuck it, let’s do this lol.

So I ground up my trim and vaped it in my Pax 3. That’s right. I’m a disgusting human being, but there it is.
    And the verdict?
    Its actually pretty damn good and smooth. So I’m wondering if the harshness is only a factor if you smoke it? Is vaping trim viable? I’m certainly enjoying it atm!
    Attached Files
    Gorilla 3x3
    LEC 315
    Kind Soil
    Current: White Widow XXL, Crystal M.E.T.H., Six-Shooter, Afghan Kush Ryder, Northern Lights x2, Strawberry Cheesecake

Vape it, or extract it in another way. Either way you go, make sure to get everything you can out of what you have.
    4x4 600w HID empty for summer
    3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
    2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
    running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

• s62
      s62 commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree with you wholeheartedly! 99.99% of my trim went towards making rosin.

You're doing the good kind of vaping. The evil vaping is pens.
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

• s62
      s62 commented
      Editing a comment
      I’ve used 2 carts total in my life. The truth is, I hate them. No authentic flavor or experience. No ritual. Too easy to get high. Unpleasant AF on the ol’ throat and lungs. Yuck. Give me flower any day! Or hash oil. Give me that too

• Gingerbeard
      Gingerbeard commented
      Editing a comment
      Never met a vape pen that didn't burn or make me hack. Burn it or dab it.

i do it all the time, i keep a jar of fine choped trim next to my Q-extreme and i share a chamber with the wife after every meal, vaping done right can get you very very high, pack a tight bowl, let it get real hot and stir if you can after a few hits

Comment

• s62
      s62 commented
      Editing a comment
      I wish I had known! I would have sent less trim off to the rosin press. Also, I only vape, for the most part. My Pax 3 is my go to method. Only rarely do I smoke a bowl. Vaping absolutely gets me twisted if I vape enough. Pack em tight!

It's always exciting to see how the vaping industry evolves over the years, providing more choices and innovations for enthusiasts like you.

Comment

No shunning here; everyone's curious sometimes, even if it's a few years back! It's interesting that you tried vaping trim, and it's a great example of how people in the cannabis community explore different ways to enjoy their herbs.
      Back then, vaping was gaining popularity as a smoother alternative to smoking, and it's still a preferred choice for many today. It's intriguing that you found it to be pretty good and smooth, which suggests that vaping trim might have its merits.
      If you're still into vaping and looking to explore more recent options, you might want to check out Nic Salts. They've become quite popular in the vaping world, offering a range of flavors and nicotine strengths.​
      Last edited by Briant9tT; 01-07-2024, 12:22 PM.

Comment

I tend to stick to joints because, well it's easy and convenient. No clean up.

Every month or so I pull out the desktop vape and yes, when I lift the temps a tad, it knocks my socks off and it reminds me just how potent they can be.

I should roll less and vape more.
        Grow Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting, fertigation and climate automated
        Lights: 2 x SF-7000, 5 x 30w 660&730nm supp. red boosters for flower
        Medium: Coco/perlite, 13gal pots for photos, 7.2gal pots ¾ filled for autos, no drains
        Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD, 2 x Autos Greenhouse Seeds Amsterdam Sweet Mango, 2 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel. All feminised.
        Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.
        Previous Grow: Lots of big dead mouldy buds, medium and small buds made it, barely. Primarily indica traits from sativas.. Cured in glass jars.

Comment

Yup, toss it all in there, flower and trim, makes no difference. Dry flower vape is the way to go. Totally gave up smoking for DFV three years ago and I will never go back. Now what someone needs to test is how much THC is left in post vape bud. If one smokes PVB, it does still get them buzzed and smells the same. I just toss it in the wood stove at that point.
          Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

• Bluey
            Bluey commented
            Editing a comment
            DFV seems to go about 10 times further than if it were smoked.

That's all that goes in my vape and I toss the PVB once done....many say once vaped stick it in edibles but I haven't bothered with that either.

The joys of having too much bud

If your bud looks like this, don't even bother to trim the sugar leaf...

image1126×1502 215 KB

Happy New Year GWE!
          -Grouchy​
          My goal is epicurean quality rather than high yield.
          I'm learning how to create cannabis tinctures and hashish and I almost always use a vaporizer to spare my aging lungs.
          Despite my avatar name I'm generally amenable and helpful. So, if there's a question I'm qualified to answer, hit me up!

-Grouchy

Comment

I must admit, your vaping experiment with the trim piqued my interest. It's not every day you hear about someone taking that route, but I admire your willingness to explore and try something new. It takes real courage to venture into uncharted territory like that.Your experiment raises some intriguing questions about the potential benefits of vaping over smoking.Your experiment got me thinking about trying out some new smoking techniques myself. I've been contemplating investing in a Gravity Bongs for a while now. They seem to offer a unique and intense smoking experience that I'm curious to explore.
            Last edited by Wordwers; 02-28-2024, 08:11 AM.

Comment

I've read about this in some vape forum, and also about people vaping weed that hasn't even been dried and it not being too bad. Some guy even preferred the sugar leaves to bud due to bud being too strong. I've also put vaped weed on ice cream or shakes before. Works good if my tolerance is low.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X