Ordering Seeds (for the zillionth time)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ordering Seeds (for the zillionth time)

I started ordering equipment yesterday for my first indoor setup. As I sort that out and get set up to help dry out Sadie Bagseed when she ripens (mid-October) I'm keenly aware there is something I've not settled on yet. Seeds! More importantly where to order? And if confiscated am I on some sort of "do not fly" list forever? I can't really set up a bunch of pseudo addresses like I've read about and certainly not in a nearby state as some have done. So...

Is it really an issue if ordering and shipping within the US? If overseas in origin and confiscated would all subsequent packages get tagged automatically as has been suggested? Am I just too damned paranoid for my own good?

I've got a bunch of stuff bookmarked from all over the world it seems but I'm just freaked out over this last step. Once I know what I'd like to have in my inventory is it best to do small and hopefully discreet orders and absorb the stealth charges or do a larger order on a one-off basis from a larger catalog like Seedsman and spread stealth over a larger order? I know there "shouldn't" be an issue but my life of late is being run by Murphy's Law.

I'm still reading through some of the search results I got before posting this but I still need a pat on the head and a heartfelt 'there,there' before I can pull the trigger.

Thanks again.
    TENT: Cool Grow 3x3x6 LIGHT: M-H TSW2000
    EXHAUST: AC Infinity T-4 and controller 67
    AIR CIRC: AC Infinity Cloudray S6 x2
    IRRIGATION: BluMat Tropf NUTRIENTS: Earth Dust

I have no information on what could happen but I'm in the US and have ordered from Herbie's 3 times with no issues. I paid with BTC which probably helps a bit.
    2 x 4 x 5 grow tent
    6" inline fan w/ carbon filter (passive air intake)
    Two 6 fans in tent for airflow
    260w Niemi LED w/ LM301H

Comment

I've been using Seedsman and SeedSupreme for 3 years without a single glitch in my orders. I always pay for tracking and stealth shipping--they offer options to replace lost or confiscated seeds. Go check out the websites.
      Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
      2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
      Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Seedsman and MSNL are recommended by GWE. I can personally recommend Seedsman. They do all of the difficult sorting through breeders for you. They have an unbeatable selection.
        Gorilla 3x3
        LEC 315
        Kind Soil
        Current: White Widow XXL, Crystal M.E.T.H., Six-Shooter, Afghan Kush Ryder, Northern Lights x2, Strawberry Cheesecake

Comment

Currently scouring seedsman to make the buy. I'd read earlier today that they don't have return addresses on their packages and it trips the feds to look closer. As a retired postal employee I know that is one of the things we were always to look for and cull out for inspection.

Comment

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            You didn't read that on the Seedsman website, did you? My packages always have a return address which doesn't say Seedsman!!!

• OlderNOTwiser
            OlderNOTwiser commented
            Editing a comment
            ATU, I think it was an older post maybe 2017-ish. Not on GWE though.

I believe mine had a return address
          Gorilla 3x3
          LEC 315
          Kind Soil
          Current: White Widow XXL, Crystal M.E.T.H., Six-Shooter, Afghan Kush Ryder, Northern Lights x2, Strawberry Cheesecake

Comment

I can vouche for Seedsman, as they take great steps to insure you get your order without interception.
            As far as order size- I have done both- ordered enough to last years and received small orders, right down to a single seed.
            It is far more cost effective to order a few grows to a years worth - at a time.
            They use a return address and I have not heard of any interceptions, lately.

I have had seeds I didn't order(-freebies from a fertilizer/supply order-) from a Netherland's breeder (return address) confiscated by Argiculture Dept for lack of paperwork- which generated a letter in 2017.
            I have had seeds I didn't order, from a light company, show up with the purchased fixture.

It's all bullshit - until you smoke it!

KISS @ Dry/Cure:
            https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-kiss-dry-cure

Staged Harvest:
            https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-in-the-wings

Grow Journals:

#3, Window Sill Grow - auto:
            http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...nic-soil-24-7g

#4, KISS grow- Girl Scout Cookies- auto:
            https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ies-autoflower

Comment

I ordered from Seedsman for the 1st time about a month ago with no issues. I don't know if it would be considered a "big" order, but I spent about $150...actually .014038 BTC and paid for stealth shipping and guaranteed delivery...got a bunch of free seeds too. I was nervous like you, but like i said, no issues. arrived about 2 weeks after i ordered with a return address somewhere in Oklahoma. It seems like they send a bulk order to the US and break it apart to individual orders over here. i started 4 a couple weeks ago and they all germinated including one of the free seeds. Pumped about growing good genetics this time.

Comment

• stump
                stump commented
                Editing a comment
                shhhh lol.

• alltatup
                alltatup commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah, my last Seedsman order came from OK!! And I agree about the good genetics--way fewer surprises.

Herbies, seedsman, new420guy, sol seeds, and world wide seeds have always done me well.
              4x4 600w HID empty for summer
              3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
              2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
              running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
              https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

Far be it from me to fuel any paranoia. But I, like you have those same visions of the “list”. Can you truly believe that in a world of technology that there is no tracking list? Even with the possibility of antiquated computers like a Commodore 64, I can’t help but believe in that list. My first few orders were great but the last one got tagged and I got the package 8 weeks later with the note. While the company did offer to send out replacements, I declined. Since then I’ve received several overseas packages of all kinds of stupid crap but I am too nutty to move on. Yet, several folks I know have been dealing that way for many years with no other developments.

read this to the end: https://www.growweedeasy.com/seeds
                Last edited by Farmall; 09-04-2019, 07:50 PM.

Comment

• alltatup
                  alltatup commented
                  Editing a comment
                  But it's not illegal to possess Cannabis seeds. I am utterly unworried about being targeted, but I still play by the safe rules.

• Farmall
                  Farmall commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Maybe I saw too many Blue Bloods episodes where they come busting in and round up everyone and everything. ‘Ok sarge, its only seeds’. “Alright then but take a look around while we’re here”

Bam.... now I’m sittin’ Here on the Group W bench (Alice’s Restaurant)

I want you to go and sit down on that bench that says Group W ... NOW kid!!"

And I, I walked over to the, to the bench there, and there is, Group W's
                  where they put you if you may not be moral enough to join the army after
                  committing your special crime, and there was all kinds of mean nasty ugly
                  looking people on the bench there. Mother rapers. Father stabbers. Father
                  rapers! Father rapers sitting right there on the bench next to me!

• JohnEmad
                  JohnEmad commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Still have the vinyl copy of Arlo Guthrie's album somewhere. LOL.

Seedsman, had a delay and they sent me an extra four seeds. Nothing wrong with looking over your shoulder now and then, just try not to let it get the best of you. ✌️
                ​​​​Organic Grow, kind Soil, Foxfarm Ocean Forest, , Perlite.

​​Vivosun 5 x 10

Spider Farmer sf2000 X2

AC Infinity Axial Fan Driver Coolers

Ventilation AC Infinity 6"

Carbon Filters AC Infinity in and out

Root Trapper 2 Smart pots 7 gallon

Change your thoughts and you change your world.

Comment

Assuming all goes well I'll have a years worth of experimenting to do. My scale is far smaller than some of yours. Seedsman it is. Thanks

Comment

Farmall, your Blue Bloods post is a riot.. Lol

​​Vivosun 5 x 10

Spider Farmer sf2000 X2

Comment

• Farmall
                      Farmall commented
                      Editing a comment
                      It’s not me... it’s the voice inside of me. 😂

That's awesome, I think. Is this the time when I tell you to put the pipe down and walk away? Jk...

​​Vivosun 5 x 10

Spider Farmer sf2000 X2

Comment

• Farmall
                      Farmall commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Honestly, that is long long long before the first puff.... I think it was that 1950 Catholic school

You need a stand-up night Farmall. Would really be fun to have a GWE get together ever five years or so. Somewhere beautiful and just spend a few days together and learn, love and laugh. Simple pleasures seem to have the strongest feelings.

​​Vivosun 5 x 10

Spider Farmer sf2000 X2

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X