Purple spotting on leaves and some pistils

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Purple spotting on leaves and some pistils

Poor mans grow. Seeds from a bag. Its an outdoor grow starting to get some low 60 degree nights but its doesnt look like normal purpling to me. The plant is clearly a few weeks into flower. I have other plants that didnt purple. Just. Not entirely sure if this is normal or maybe possibly a phosphorus deficiency. I did also add a bunch of epsom salts to feed but also ward the slugs away so maybe an abundance of mag. Idk hoping someone has had the same experience and give me some insight

As im looking at this it looks black in The picture but in person its definitely Barney purple

Comment

I don't know and can't guess - but I'll tag someone who knows every little bug or critter and everything about cannabis Weed Pharma zoom in and fill us in on this please.
      ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
      Mars Hydro
      Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

This is something I have not come across before and have no idea what would cause this.
        It's all bullshit - until you smoke it!

KISS @ Dry/Cure:
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-kiss-dry-cure

Staged Harvest:
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-in-the-wings

Grow Journals:

#3, Window Sill Grow - auto:
        http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...nic-soil-24-7g

#4, KISS grow- Girl Scout Cookies- auto:
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ies-autoflower

Comment

It’s not genetic, is it? As in, maybe strain related?
          Gorilla 3x3
          LEC 315
          Kind Soil
          Current: White Widow XXL, Crystal M.E.T.H., Six-Shooter, Afghan Kush Ryder, Northern Lights x2, Strawberry Cheesecake

Comment

Some strains can get a bit purple with cool temps IIRC...that's what it looks like to me.
            ****tent (2x4) and large light (Relassy 300W LED) is in storage for now until I can solve some household electrical issues****

CoM Stonington Blend soil, distilled water; Liquid Squid amendment if needed, molasses for flowering

"I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up."

Comment

Increase your mag some. Some strains have purple branches but it's also cause by not having enough mag
              1 grow Oceans forest fox farms soil
              800 watt roleandro cob led
              1x amnesia haze auto 3x wire widow auto
              2x2x4 tent
              2 grow.
              Oceans forest and perlite soil
              16x 4ft florecant
              3x mystery photos
              5x5 tent

Comment

Its definitely not lack of Mag the purple isnt in the stems but leavea and pistils. Plus I added Epsom salts so I know its not a deficiency if anything an abundance. Thats what im hoping though that its strain related or due to cold weather. Just wasnt sure because I thought the change of color happened at later stages of flowering. This plant just got done with the flowering stretch. Thanks for all the info guys. Ive bwen keeping an eye on her and its not dying and there is no bugs so I'm guessing its a good thing haha. Might have to take clones from this one

Comment

• s62
                  s62 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Purple is the best! I absolutely love purple bud.

its just a pigmentation change, weve seen it here once or twice, nothing to worry about, you will have a beautiful purple plant

Comment

This purple color has been discussed before and there doesn't seem to be a good answer. For the last 2 months my one plant has this purple on every single top but as each set of leaves comes out the purple goes away and only grows on each new set of leaves. Doesn't seem to hurt anything as the plant is healthy.
                Last year had the same results with bagseed, this year I'm growing Blue Dream.
                I'm not gonna worry just have to wait and see what happens next!

Comment

Thanks hippie thats kinda how mine seems to be. Only purple on parts of the plant. I'm growing the same seeds but it seems that the purple just happened to come out of that one and not the others. It'll be nice to have a variety. Also probably a dumb question, I know that for veg you want more n than ok and the othwr way around for flower. I get how nutes work but I ran out of my flowering nutes and all I'm left with is some 13 5 4 jobes organic slow release spikes. Should I leave it be and let it go without nutrients for the last month or two or put it in anyways? It's got two options 13 5 4 or none at all for the rest of the grow?

Comment

One of my girls is going full purple...

Comment

In thinks to do with cold and mineral nutrients uptake. When it's colder it has less available of minerals like boren phosphorus rock ore nuts than carbon and decomposed like calcium and nitrogen. It's a slight mineral nute deficiency.

Comment

Hey guys thought id let you know i found out from my buddy who used to grow that in this case it is an early stage phosphorus deficiency

Comment

• OldHippie
                          OldHippie commented
                          Editing a comment
                          That's interesting, thanks for the update.

Thanks for the update!
                        Gorilla 3x3
                        LEC 315
                        Kind Soil
                        Current: White Widow XXL, Crystal M.E.T.H., Six-Shooter, Afghan Kush Ryder, Northern Lights x2, Strawberry Cheesecake

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                        X