No announcement yet.

4TH YEAR GROW atu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can’t even tell you how great I think this grow is!!! I know this grow is coming to an end shortly but I’m subscribed from here on out. I just love so many of your comments and I can only like the posts you make. I really wish we could like comments on this forum!!!!
    # 24- absolutely beautiful work, the 7 day growth spurt is phenomenal!!
    # 27-I agree 1000% defoliation at specific intervals is great but if you’re not strategically pulling and tucking along the way you’re missing out!!!
    28.1-I couldn’t agree with you more, the colas need to be trained in flower otherwise they grow wherever they want.
    Failure is an opportunity for improvement!!

Current Grows:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...s-jedi-og-grow

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-gorilla-grow

Completed Grows:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ang-jack-herer

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-northern-soul

Comment

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      training kolas first time I heard that ,

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Obi-Wan you are too kind.

oldjarhead100 Yeah, I move the colas around quite a bit during flower, actually. I'll see something shading something else, so I look for where I can make an adjustment to get rid of the shade. I pretty much fiddle with them from week 4 till the end.
      Last edited by alltatup; 10-20-2019, 04:01 AM.

There is a fine line between early or late training. Some strains develop hard woody stems early and by bending...they snap easily. Have done it more than a few times but I try to use the tape to patch it back together but... it seems to really stunt the height growth when it happens on the main split node

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes this has happened to me twice on my current tent grow...i'm sitting on my hands for at least a week for 2 to recover...

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey guys when I have a woody stem that I want to move, hang a 1 to 16 ounce fishing sinker to it and let gravity bend her .slower but works

• Farmall
      Farmall commented
      Editing a comment
      Cool idea..Thanks OJH100, I have used the plant yoyo's in reverse as well but those thickened ones break easily. I'll try the sinkers next time

Day 53 in this box, and they have around a week or so to go. All three are having a last spurt of growth, I can still see lots of clear trichomes. I'm flushing them this weekend, and I'll have to decide whether to flush them until harvest or feed a little bit more and then flush again.

This is the the first time I feel 100% confident about judging the ripeness of the buds: After around 10 grows and all that practicing, I know what I'm seeing through the loupe, and I can look at the whole cola and see what state the stigmas are in. I see the difference between just a darkened stigma and a shriveled one. I will have to do some harvesting in stages because there are too many colas to allow the light to get all the way down.

However in general, I'm feeling better about this grow except that I flipped the lighting too soon--AGAIN!!! I keep doing that. Why are the Cookies Kush buds in the right rear the phattest? They got into the light sweet spot. Damn!

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3407.JPG Views:	0 Size:	3.04 MB ID:	345125

I have rigged up a new drying system, and I can't wait to try it out. It's a bamboo ladder.

Click image for larger version  Name:	bamboo ladder.JPG Views:	0 Size:	1.57 MB ID:	345126
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

In looking at the colas on these plants it seems as though your defoliation did wonders...when compared to a plant grown inside without the training efforts you have applied here...the yield is no where near this amount. I’d be surprised in finding out that that techniques produce any different bud growth or leaf development. I actually read somewhere in Nebula’s posts on instantgram that the plant will create its own volume when untrained versus trained by developing growth elsewhere. Training however changes it physiology.

ive read that a log rotting away in a forrest for many years gives off the same amount of BTu’s of heat as if it was burned in a fireplace in 45 minutes. I’m guessing there is some “natures’ formula for each living organism on earth.

you may be bringing out the best by diligent cultivation procedures but having left it to its own devices< each might weigh the same on demise? golly, I hope I’m not rambling again

F$@# it.... nice nice job !!!

Comment

HARVEST DAYS 65-70 FLOWER

Here was the little phatties right before harvest, heavy with child...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_E3395.JPG
Views:	410
Size:	2.65 MB
ID:	347374

I harvested from the 1st to the 5th, this morning.

Name:	harvest nov1-5.JPG
Views:	421
Size:	1.99 MB
ID:	347375

Name:	end of harvest.JPG
Views:	420
Size:	2.37 MB
ID:	347376
      I left the dancing, witchy root on the bottom harvest of C99. Every day I watch my beautiful phat buds shrink... Why can't they stay phat like dat...
      Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• s62
        s62 commented
        Editing a comment
        I love the roots!!! Great looking plants, great looking yield. Congrats, all the way around!

• RagWeedDWC
        RagWeedDWC commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow, you have this down! Results like this have me picking your brain, more than I already do. Awesome grow!

RagWeedDWC Your comment is very kind, but I don't have it down yet. My plants were too short for my set-up because I can't lower my lights, and I allowed for too many colas which were smaller and created more shade than if I had limited the number of colas and given each one its own space. Had the plants been taller with fewer colas, I'm sure the buds would have been larger; as it is, I have quite a bit of larfy bud. And I will probably end up with around 11 ounces: I should be harvesting twice that much. I'll try to do better next time.

You and I both know that master growers produce big fat buds that weigh a lot. That's what I'm shooting for. I'm doing fine for a little over 3 years of growing, but I'm still quite green. I'm not trying to be falsely modest--no way. But I know my buds could have been so much bigger. It's just the truth.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Alltatup is it possible to just grow 1 or 2 larger photos in your setup and allow them to veg longer? I'm clueless of DWC is it too costly to run just 1 or 2 ? Is space and issue? Sorry for the not knowing the setup very well. I would be tickled with the harvest you have. Shit I had outdoor plants that I got less off of looking at yours.

• Sonnyhad
        Sonnyhad commented
        Editing a comment
        Practice makes perfect. This weed has so many variables along the way to harvest. Myself with a few years under my belt now, still have so much to learn! Now if I would stop using my harvested material so fast, I might remember what I learn!

• RagWeedDWC
        RagWeedDWC commented
        Editing a comment
        I hope my JH turns out half as pretty!

alltatup, the pic before harvest is just amazing!, and i would be tickled pink to have that bunch of buds hanging from my gilligans island ladder! be happy!
      Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
      Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
      6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
      Canna Coco/perlite
      General Hydroponics Flora Series
      Cal/Mag.

Tent
      Bruce Banner
      Kushy Kush
      2Cookies and cream

Comment

alltatup I love the sewing machine in the pic. We have one similar hidden amongst all my things. I think it's a Singer but not sure. But I love those sewing machines. And very nice plants too.
        You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Spidermite My mom got that when we lived in Canada in the early 60s, I believe. I really love it, and it does indeed still work!!

• Spidermite
          Spidermite commented
          Editing a comment
          That's really cool. I see that and I see a piece of my history. One that others will never see again. A machine that actually required the user to be able to sew. The one we use here now has hundreds of patterns built into it, when our parents and grandparents just knew how how to use a sewing machine. Brings me back seeing it and makes me happy.

• JohnEmad
          JohnEmad commented
          Editing a comment
          Awesome looking plants. That's what I am trying to grow sew I can say to myself I have finally figured things out.
          Then I will be singering a happy song.
          Last edited by JohnEmad; 11-09-2019, 10:05 AM.

TO ALL Y'ALL WHO ACCOMPANIED ME ON THIS GROW:

I thank you all for your support. FINAL HARVEST WAS 10 OZ. I decarbed some of the Blue OG for my weed buddy who's been having to vape some pretty crappy weed for the past while. He was quite happy with it, and so was I.

It's been a really rough semester for me (that's still how I measure time: semester, winter vacay, semester, summer vacay) with a lot of depression and existential angst about living in this crazy-ass world. Please: I ain't lookin for pity, I know I have lots of bros and sistas who suffer from the same, which is one reason why we medicate with Cannabis. I had stress and depression, but not so much anxiety, so that is good. I totally believe that the Cannabis has really helped with anxiety.

Plus, as I hope we all recognize, even during the worst bouts of PTSD, depression, anxiety, there are times without any of that. I had many good moments with my students and on this forum, though I was definitely grumpier (with students). But I'm doing better now.

So that's the context of all my worries about my grow: the girls knew I loved them and I knew they loved me, but I'm sure they felt the gloominess of my mood. Then I'd start playing David Bowie's "Blackstar" about his impending death, and my plants would heave a sigh and shrug their shoulders; what can she do? She's gotta get through it, no bypassing it.

Mistakes: Too many colas for my limited space (as PaganRich wrote, we all have to accept the limitations of our grow conditions). The plants should have each had around 10 colas instead of 22. So this resulted in weak light penetration, lots of small colas, more larfy bud below. I was a glutton for colas, and I got my just deserts. I also flipped them to 12/12 a bit too early which kept them too short.

Good stuff: I got better at seeing trichomes; I really noticed when the heads began to bulge and the stalks began to lean over. I distinguished between clear and milky better. I was also more patient waiting for the right moment to harvest, and they went almost nine weeks in 12/12.
        Also: No nute lockout, no nute burn except for the tiniest amount in the old box w/ only two plants who were both short. Each plant got some very nice top buds, and I'm curing the best of the harvest for at least 3 months before me and weed buddy vape it. Cookies Kush, the tallest plant, gave me some dynomite buds.

Questions: Did I stunt growth w/ too much defol? Did this affect the size and height of the buds/colas? Are we really all alone in the universe? Should I go back and re-read the tutorials about how to use a little lst, let the colas gain in height, appropriately limit the number of colas, and train them each into their own sweet spot in the light? And the tutorials on defoliation? I know there are some principles that I'm not grasping completely, like when do you stop removing fan leaves that are blocking bud sites? Is the answer never????

So thank you all again for your support and encouragement. You may have a clearer idea of how much it really meant to me after reading this post. Life is definitely a struggle at times for humans, and the struggle reminds us to appreciate the peaceful times more. And our buddies, which you all are. My cyber pot buddies.

Comment

• s62
          s62 commented
          Editing a comment
          I’ve enjoyed your journal so much, atu. I know they take effort and time, so thank you for taking us along the ride!
          It’s been a tough fucking year for me battling with depression and anxiety, so I hear ya on that. Existential horror is my continual mindset, I’m afraid.
          And yet we soldier on.
          So here’s to getting high when we’re down!

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you ATU for YOUR encouragement of others! Even in soil container grows ATU every grow feels like the first when you don't do it perpetually for me anyways. I question my work after I've done it, thought i'd reasoned it through then immediately ask why did I do that?? But if we didn't we would not know if it worked or not.
          I think way back when you said " I flipped too soon" answered the question. So like any good student from the GWE University of Weed should do is... try again. I do believe we humans are not alone. I just hope the others recognize our stupidity and ignorance an don't fry us. Have a peaceful weekend and enjoy a kushy chair with some cookies

• Canuck147
          Canuck147 commented
          Editing a comment
          Great writeup alltatup .

alltatup I am fortunate to be one of the ones with the space, time, money, setups, and ability to try many things that PaganRich mentioned. I can say you are doing great. Your yields are impressive and I think where you have really grown is strength of the bud you get. That's the golden standard. I may can grow lots of weight. But I'm backing up and relearning to grow for quality. So saying that you are probably ahead of me. Congrats

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          spidey, you are really too kind!!!!!

• Spidermite
          Spidermite commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm serious alltatup I've been going the wrong way. From here on out it will be quality over weight.

I can tell you I have the best CBD flower you will get anywhere. A very respected member will either be able to say I'm right or wrong. Give it a week and we will see.

Comment

Atu, thanks for a most enjoyable journey! can't wait for the next one

Comment

Thanks ATU your grows are always fun
            new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
            current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

Spidermite is there a link you have where we might by specific hemp seed for growing and not eating,...a few plants In our hands would not interfere with you commercial operations

Comment

• Spidermite
                Spidermite commented
                Editing a comment
                Seedsman has started selling cbd seeds now. I believe haze.io does also. Just be careful as last year there were many unscrupalose seed sellers of cbd hemp plants.

That being said the places we get our seeds only sell by the batches of 500. Depending on what part of the country you live in I can probably give you the name of someone you can get clones from.

Well done ATU , anytime you can get to harvest in water,, you done good!
              Team AutoMechanics

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X