Method of defoliation indoor growers poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Method of defoliation indoor growers poll

Hi all new here! I read Nebula Haze’s tutorial on bud based defoliation. It is excellent. One thing I didn’t read about was actually how leaves are removed. What PRIMARY method do you use when/if you remove fan leaves?
    Cut with snips
    53.85%
    Pinch
    30.77%
    Pluck
    15.38%
    I don’t defoliate
    0%
    4’x4’x6 1/2’ tent, Nextlight Mega, Roots Organics 707 soil in 5 gallon square plastic planters, GH Flora Series Performance Pack nutes alternated with Fish Sh!t in RO water

If they're little 'uns, pinching. The bigger they get the woodier they get and are good for snips. Don't pluck anything unless you get yellow, dying leaves right at the end of flowering. Although they'll die and fall of on their own and are inconsequential, there's no need to pluck them... right at the end of flowering. You can wind up pulling a long fiber strip below a healthy leaf if you pluck. It's like a string from celery. I'm not going to tell you what it's called because I don't know.
    Also think about how much you're going to defoliate. If only a few leaves, pinch. If you're doing a full on, go with snips or a combo.
    Dab, you fool!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

• s62
      s62 commented
      Editing a comment
      Words of wisdom, here. Saving us noobs years of trial and error lol

Absolutely s62! Thanks for all the responses and info everyone
    4’x4’x6 1/2’ tent, Nextlight Mega, Roots Organics 707 soil in 5 gallon square plastic planters, GH Flora Series Performance Pack nutes alternated with Fish Sh!t in RO water

Comment

I personally found that after HEAVY LST from start it was much easier to use snips(i use good grooming scissors) one short 3" and a longer set 6". just for the simple fact my big mitt in there trying to pinch off leaves was causing more damage than i liked. I defoliated twice quite heavy in veg and one final time when flowers were starting. hg
      Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
      Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
      6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
      Canna Coco/perlite
      General Hydroponics Flora Series
      Cal/Mag.

outdoor
      Photo plants Blue Cheese(butterbean seeds) Green Crack(Canuk seeds)
      Purple Gelatto(Canuk seeds)

Comment

Nice looking plants homegrown

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi sgiacomo, If you re-read the tutorial, you'll see that she gives clear directions about how much to remove per week.

alltatup yes I read that part thanks. Great article indeed

Comment

I guess my method is pluck so that’s what I selected in the poll. I don’t really feel like it is plucking though. I get my finger nice and close to the base of the fan leaf and I fold it down till it snaps off. It works on new and old fans alike and leaves a clean break.
          Failure is an opportunity for improvement!!

Current Grows:
          https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...s-jedi-og-grow

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-gorilla-grow

Completed Grows:
          https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ang-jack-herer

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-northern-soul

Comment

I'm a gal but I can't have to long of nails in the type of work I do so I use very small scissor.
            Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
            indoor/outdoor grower
            1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
            1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
            I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
            Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
            Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
            Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X