Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When to switch to bloom nutrients for outdoor plants?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When to switch to bloom nutrients for outdoor plants?

This is my first grow. I was wondering when it's time to switch to bloom nutrients from grow nutrients? The plants are starting to get the hairs for the last couple of days. Should I wait a or do I need to start now?

yes it is time, my gosh you are doing a great job with those ladies. if the plants are currently still stretching every day keep providing a little bit of nitrogen for a week or so until you see pistils forming crowns, what are you feeding them?

Comment

• Geofite
      Geofite commented
      Editing a comment
      Currently, I am feeding them Dutch nutrient formula, Grow A and B and Dutch Diamond. I started the big ones indoors in a grow tent from seed. I had 6 seeds, then I put them outside, then I took 10 clones from one of the big ones and they went in to the tent, but they got sick and started to turn yellow so I put them outside. They are doing well right now and also starting to get the white hairs. I have the Dutch Bloom A and B and they also recommend to keep on using the Diamond. Yes, they seem to be still stretching and getting bigger daily, it's so noticeable every day! So I should start the bloom next feed which is in two days?

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      yes i would switch to bloom formula and keep using diamond until the stretching stops

I am using Dutch nutrients formula Grow A and B and Diamond. Yes, they are still stretching and it's noticeable daily. Thanks for the info. Will start with the Dutch nutrients formula Bloom A and B and continue with the Diamond next feed which is in a couple of days.

Comment

Some ppl give bloom from day 1 switch so it dont stretch and the nodes are closer..🙂

Comment

Originally posted by Sww View Post
        Some ppl give bloom from day 1 switch so it dont stretch and the nodes are closer..🙂
        Thanks, will switch this upcoming feed in a couple of days. Yes, they are going nuts with the stretch!

Comment

Mother of Mary, Geofite, you're doing excellent! I thought the big ones were all one plant!
          Meesta's Grow
          2019 https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-meesta-s-grow

2020 https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ta-s-2020-grow

Comment

Originally posted by MeestaFeesha View Post
            Mother of Mary, Geofite, you're doing excellent! I thought the big ones were all one plant!
            Thanks, I'm shocked that they are doing so well seeing as this is my first grow. I had a few issues along the way but managed to sort them out and not kill my plants. The 5 big ones are 8 feet tall! I had to cut the tops to stop them from hitting the sky. They are growing so fast now, it's just amazing! The buds are doubling in size daily.

Comment

• Rwise
              Rwise commented
              Editing a comment
              Try this on a plant, bend her over and tie her down, then watch what she does!

• MeestaFeesha
              MeestaFeesha commented
              Editing a comment
              Rwise is mentioning LST, as opposed to topping, to maintain a shorter height.

Low Stress Training is like bonsai for cannabis plants. Plants are trained to grow flat and wide, which forces them to produce many big buds instead of just one or two. As a result, LST gives you bigger yields without changing your setup!

A little late for your monsters, but I'll say, it's a fun process in itself! I've done it to my ladies, and they're more bushes than trees at this point.

• Geofite
              Geofite commented
              Editing a comment
              I did the LST method early on when they were wee plants. They are too big now and they are already flowering. Will do that again with the next grow.

Yes, I have a really great environment for the plants. They are in the middle of my back yard, where the sun is on them all day. I had the smaller ones in a growth tent in the basement and they were starting to die off so I put the outside and they just thrived without me having to do anything to them other than water and feed.

Here's an update. I switched to the Dutch nutrients formula Bloom A and B, DNF Bloom Stacker, and DNF Diamond. They are doing great. All the Colas are making buds. So gorgeous! All these plants are Northern Lights.
            Last edited by Geofite; 08-19-2019, 01:58 PM.

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
              9fingerleafs commented
              Editing a comment
              absolutely incredible, i think you have the happiest healthiest plants in the forum

• Geofite
              Geofite commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks, they do look happy. They are growing at an incredible rate.

Beautiful Geofite very well done. I had to place a stake outside the pot tie the plant trunk to it so wind didn't knock it over again, we get wind every day strong gusts. She is a beast
            Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
            indoor/outdoor grower
            1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
            1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
            I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
            Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
            Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
            Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Geofite
              Geofite commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks, I may have to stake them as they flower. So far they haven't fallen over. The pots they are in are air pots and the roots grew through the bottom of them and into the ground so they have that good anchoring so, hopefully, they won't fall over.

I'd like to set a lawn chair up in the middle of that jungle...simply beautiful. Wish i could grow outside but i'd have to eliminate several large trees. Just wondering, does anyone try LST outside?(works great for a tent). I LST everything inside just for lack of height. Just curious how they like being tied down outdoors?
            Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
            Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
            6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
            Canna Coco/perlite
            General Hydroponics Flora Series
            Cal/Mag.

Tent
            Bruce Banner
            Kushy Kush
            2Cookies and cream

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              Oh yes for me it's a necessity to LST I always have to move 1-2 containers into a greenhouse that's got only 8ft clearance. In fact I've gotta do 2 large plants this coming weekend that are in early flowering stretch going to be over 8ft now. Going to super crop and bend down large stalks that were topped.

• Geofite
              Geofite commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks, I do sit in a lawn chair in front of them and watch them grow! So relaxing.

• MeestaFeesha
              MeestaFeesha commented
              Editing a comment
              LST on large outdoor plants gets interesting. When they were wee little ones it wasn't so bad. When they're 4' round, and in 25gal containers it can get a little nutty, 2-3hrs/plant on my 3 WW, but I was more meticulous as I was only doing a first and final LST for those pots.

The plants and buds are exploding! So many buds growing all over the place!

Comment

Now that's a healthy looking grow you are going to be very busy come harvest time LOL
              Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
              indoor/outdoor grower
              1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
              1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
              I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
              Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
              Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
              Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Originally posted by SoOrbudgal View Post
                Now that's a healthy looking grow you are going to be very busy come harvest time LOL
                Thanks, it's way too much. Didn't think that they would be this big and have so many buds!

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
                  9fingerleafs commented
                  Editing a comment
                  yes, you may end up with a wonderful but real problem, too much bud, it can get logistically hard to harvest all at once, dry trim and cure are time sensitive processes and usually a little mold, cold or too much rain put a lot of extra pressure into getting it done fast. so my advice is harvest the first plant as soon as its ready to get familiarized with the process and try to harvest a few plants at the time during a few weeks so it doesnt get overwhelming or one mistake damages the entire crop

• Geofite
                  Geofite commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes, trying to deal with what's coming up with all the buds is causing some apprehension. I was thinking of just cutting down the smaller ones and hanging them whole in the half basement. And then chopping up the big ones and drying them in the 4 X 4 grow tent on two 6 foot drying racks. I can control the humidity in these areas with dehumidifier in the half basement and the fan and exhaust in the grow tent. Will be interesting when the time comes to see how things go. I have no idea of what I'm doing, and just sorting it all out as I go along.

• 9fingerleafs
                  9fingerleafs commented
                  Editing a comment
                  thats great my friend, indeed we all are just sorting things along

Nice! I was letting mine go untrimmed up until about a month ago and figured I'd defoliate a bit. I did one early on and then one about 5 days ago. The potted Strawberry Cough is probably 3 weeks into flowering, the big Wonder Woman (7ft or so) looks a week or two behind it. I went really heavy on the second defoliation / lollipopping just to see what happens. They responded really well to the first one I did w/ supercropping as well. They should bush out nicely again. Just gotta avoid bud rot this year!
                2 x 4 x 5 grow tent
                6" inline fan w/ carbon filter (passive air intake)
                Two 6 fans in tent for airflow
                260w Niemi LED w/ LM301H

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                  SoOrbudgal commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Ditto that last sentence. Great structure Wizards. I'm abit old school on what I determine as flowering, preflower I see stigma and flowering when first sign of budlets forming I could be a wk off but i'm pretty close I think.

• WizardsNThings
                  WizardsNThings commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Indoors I usually don't see pistils for a few weeks after flipping, so when I see them outdoors, I figure the 'beginning' was 2 or so weeks beforehand.

• MeestaFeesha
                  MeestaFeesha commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I'm in a similar boat as BugGal. My guesswork puts my 8week point at Sep. 12, we'll see, gotta be close. I also have defoliated like you Wiz, gotta promote that airflow on the bushes! 🤘😎

The buds are coming along really nice. I think I gave my last bloom nutrients to them yesterday. The tricomes are starting to get cloudy and the hairs are turning brown so they might be ready within the next couple of weeks. I gave them some chicken shit fertilizer about a week ago and that seems to have given them a good kick. I didn't really want to defoliate so drastically as I have but I was having some issues with powdery mildew which I have been managing to knock down really well with a home made concoction. Take a look at these lovelies. Some of them are over 2 feet long, nice fat and juicy.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X