Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When to switch to bloom nutrients for outdoor plants?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geofite
    replied
    The harvest went really well. I did the hydrogen peroxide wash at harvest to get rid of any PM. It worked great. I hung them up in my basement laundry room on the clothes line to dry. Then for the cure, I put them into home depot buckets with food grade liners that I use for making sauerkraut. I ended up with 2500 grams of nice herbs. The effects are nice and good. No paranoia or bad effects. Very happy with how things turned out. Thanks everyone for all the help during my first grow!

Leave a comment:

• Geofite
    replied
    A few more shots of the treated buds with the home made concoction. It seems to have knocked it down really well without harming my plants. These were sprayed this past sunday.

Leave a comment:

• Geofite
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks, I didn't want to do the drastic defoliation but the mold was spreading and it was too hard to spray all those plants. They are doing fine now and hopefully will grow a bit more before harvest.

• Geofite
    commented on 's reply
    See my posts at the end of this thread for that answer. https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...cures-included

• OlderNOTwiser
    replied
    Glad to see photo #5. I'm not doing a technical defol on my outdoor plant but removing the fans when they have very little green left to give up to the plant. Even though the leaf tips are showing either N deficient or nute burn (I know it is N due to the flowering stage). My plant looks very much like this and I'm pleased to see I'm probably not messing up too much.

Nice job btw.

Leave a comment:

• Rwise
    replied
    Nice! Which home made stuff are you using for WPM?

Leave a comment:

• Geofite
    replied
    The buds are coming along really nice. I think I gave my last bloom nutrients to them yesterday. The tricomes are starting to get cloudy and the hairs are turning brown so they might be ready within the next couple of weeks. I gave them some chicken shit fertilizer about a week ago and that seems to have given them a good kick. I didn't really want to defoliate so drastically as I have but I was having some issues with powdery mildew which I have been managing to knock down really well with a home made concoction. Take a look at these lovelies. Some of them are over 2 feet long, nice fat and juicy.

Leave a comment:

• 9fingerleafs
    commented on 's reply
    thats great my friend, indeed we all are just sorting things along

• MeestaFeesha
    commented on 's reply
    I'm in a similar boat as BugGal. My guesswork puts my 8week point at Sep. 12, we'll see, gotta be close. I also have defoliated like you Wiz, gotta promote that airflow on the bushes! 🤘😎

• WizardsNThings
    commented on 's reply
    Indoors I usually don't see pistils for a few weeks after flipping, so when I see them outdoors, I figure the 'beginning' was 2 or so weeks beforehand.

• SoOrbudgal
    commented on 's reply
    Ditto that last sentence. Great structure Wizards. I'm abit old school on what I determine as flowering, preflower I see stigma and flowering when first sign of budlets forming I could be a wk off but i'm pretty close I think.

• Geofite
    commented on 's reply
    I determined the beginning of flowering by the tops of each cola that have the buds forming on them. I noticed this on august 15, so it's been 8 days and today there are huge numbers of developing buds all over the plants and down the stems. So then, I need to take off the giant yellowing fan leaves that are close to the main stem, and then wait about 3 weeks and take off more of the fan leaves. Thanks for input.

• WizardsNThings
    commented on 's reply
    How did you determine the beginning of flowering? Solstice is 9/23 and days here are currently just under 14 hours. I'm basically guessing based on how they look now. I took off the big ones around what ended up being just before flowering started. Then again probably 3 weeks in. I wish I had waited a bit longer on the 2nd one. I've read once before flowering starts, and usually once more 3/4 weeks in if it's growing strong. I'd go for it myself

• Geofite
    commented on 's reply
    Yes, trying to deal with what's coming up with all the buds is causing some apprehension. I was thinking of just cutting down the smaller ones and hanging them whole in the half basement. And then chopping up the big ones and drying them in the 4 X 4 grow tent on two 6 foot drying racks. I can control the humidity in these areas with dehumidifier in the half basement and the fan and exhaust in the grow tent. Will be interesting when the time comes to see how things go. I have no idea of what I'm doing, and just sorting it all out as I go along.

• Geofite
    commented on 's reply
    Nice work. Mine are 8 days into the beginning of flowering. I was wondering when I should remove the big fan leaves? They are starting to yellow.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X