Harvest time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harvest time?

I am in my first grow currently in 4th week of flower and looking good. As far as harvest times there seems to be some variations out there. So was wanting to see some methods on here. I have read about harvesting when 75% of trichomes have changed color but have also read 50% and a few other variations. I know one site spoke about depends on what feeling you want to achieve. Harvesting early is for a sativa affect and late for indica. So what are the preferences out there? What percentage of trichomes turned do you harvest at?

Depends on what I'm growing - indicas I like to get 10 - 20% into the amber. - sativas are harvested just after some start turning amber.

Sometimes they don't all turn at the same time - I've seen clear/cloudy/amber trichomes all at the same time.

Usually comes down to the experiment you are currently undertaking. You can always harvest in stages - say if your main colas are into the amber sufficiently for you then harvest them and leave your lower buds on the plant for another 2 weeks or so. And see what happens.

​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Gorilla 3x3
      LEC 315
      Kind Soil
      Current: White Widow XXL, Crystal M.E.T.H., Six-Shooter, Afghan Kush Ryder, Northern Lights x2, Strawberry Cheesecake

Comment

I often suggest my g/f trim topless or naked, so as not to get any on her clothes-but sometimes it’s just too cold !
        It's all bullshit - until you smoke it!

KISS @ Dry/Cure:
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-kiss-dry-cure

Staged Harvest:
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-in-the-wings

Grow Journals:

#3, Window Sill Grow - auto:
        http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...nic-soil-24-7g

#4, KISS grow- Girl Scout Cookies- auto:
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ies-autoflower

Comment

LOL@ Weed Pharma ya nut. I like Indica hybrids and we like 30% more so amber for evening smoke. Having said that we are currently smoking some WW auto which I let get yellow and starved leave colors, it's how I do my photos but these autos are rather a new game. It was grown outdoors for 90% of it's life. I'd have to say in my opinion it's not a potent as the reg. phono strain. It's a OK daytime social smoke.
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

I just wanted to add a little about an app I found on my iPhone. Not sure if android has one or not. Anyway I have installed many microscope and magnifying apps and mostly they suck but there is one called loupe that does a great job of showing the trichomes. Just looking is free but if you want to take a picture it’s a $9 upgrade which isn’t bad. Happy growing and hope it helps

Comment

• Spidermite
            Spidermite commented
            Editing a comment
            I cant remember which app I use but it takes great pictures. That is of I can stop my hands from shaking which is almost impossible due to nerve damage. But they work great if you can stay still. Lol

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X