Harvest Rituals?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harvest Rituals?

Ok, this one might be a bit out there, but does anyone have any fun/cool/special harvest day rituals that they carry out? I’m eagerly awaiting more feedback in another thread about whether it’s time to chop (https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-bud-fattening), but I think it probably is. Unless I hear otherwise, tonight is the night.
    As weird as it sounds, I kinda want to do something special to celebrate the plant’s life and gift. It’s my first grow, and I’ll miss my CJ girls. Probably the feeling wears off after your first grow or two, lol. But I’d like to celebrate the moment.
    If I fail to come up with anything good, I’ll fall back on my regular ritual: getting baked, lol.
    Gorilla 3x3
    LEC 315
    Kind Soil
    Current: White Widow XXL, Crystal M.E.T.H., Six-Shooter, Afghan Kush Ryder, Northern Lights x2, Strawberry Cheesecake

Lol it is kind of sad to see the space empty at first. But that's the perfect reason to start your next round. I start my seeds for my next run about 2 weeks before I harvest. That way it's only a matter of days before the room is back to life. As for rituals I just get high, then an hr into it i get hight again.

Comment

The excitement from harvesting never goes away. That is until your back and arms hurt from trimming. Lol

I like to celebrate with a great meal and maybe a night out with the wife.
      You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

• s62
        s62 commented
        Editing a comment
        That’s such a good idea! I may have to implement this. I’m only getting away with this because my wife is very patient, lol. A night out would be an awesome way to celebrate.

Take a day off, well fed and baked, get comfortable, music and have a coffee close by!
      Im just a shy guy with a big dick.

Comment

• s62
        s62 commented
        Editing a comment
        I also love this idea. Something nice about baking away a work day in absolute stoned comfort!

It is always very intense for me at harvest--which I did this week!! I removed the trunks and their root bases today: they are so beautiful. I just keep giving thanks, loving my plants. I don't think of them as dying, but rather going on to the next phase. I get so excited about what happens during the cure, and how they keep changing. It's all so amazing and miraculous to me. Oh yeah, and getting totally baked.
      Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
      2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
      Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• Canuck147
        Canuck147 commented
        Editing a comment
        Well said alltatup - my feelings exactly - on to the drying stage and then curing.

• s62
        s62 commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m so excited to smoke my own bud for the first time. I’m giddy, lol. I’ve really enjoyed this first grow. I think I see a long future ahead with these plants

• Canuck147
        Canuck147 commented
        Editing a comment
        Be messy with your scissors cuz scissor hash is good.

I was going to say “phone a friend”...but that’s not for harvest day, it’s for trimming day(s)
      😉
      There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
      1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
      2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
      3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        YYCannabis Awesome pic of the pseudo-ferocious dog!!! I love the expression on her/his face!!!

As for me, I do all my own trimming so I don't have to worry about anyone mishandling buds!!!

• YYCannabis
        YYCannabis commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks alltatup. She’s the apple of my eye and as ferocious as a stuffed teddy bear. I snapped the pic while giving her some belly scratches. For some reason, as much as she loves belly scratches, she makes that snarling expression every time. 😁

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        YYCannabis To me she looks supremely happy, grinning from ear to ear. She just has a bit of a toothy grin!! ;-}

I don't think the excitement of harvest ever wears off, and I miss them when they're done too.

If smoking a little scissor and finger hash counts as a ritual, I guess that's the only one I have.
      Space 1: 3ft x 3ft T-Tek tent
      400W HPS Mag Ballast
      GH Floro - DWC
      Current grow - Humboldt Fem Green Crck from seed
      - TGA GSC x Space Dude clones

Space 2: 6ft x 6ft x 8ft room
      IponicZone 400/600/1000W dimmable HPS E-Ballast
      Supplemented with California Lightworks Solar System 275 with spectrum control
      GH Maxi Series-DWC
      Current grow - Humboldt Fem Blue Dream from seed
      - Humboldt Fem Blue Dream Clones
      - TGA GSC x Space Dude from reg seed in dirt, G.O. Box nutes

Comment

• s62
        s62 commented
        Editing a comment
        Tell me more about scissor and finger hash. This will be my first harvest, so I don’t know what to look for.

I actually found myself being excited at the different stages of odors. I loved it all and now it is 7 months later and I still go back and open a few bottle lids to sniff a few. Amazing how inspiring that is... between the ‘aromatherapy’ and the addition to ‘gardening’, you can’t stay away for long

Comment

I love smelling the air this time of year. My eyes itch, nose runs but it's a magical time. Close my eyes sniff the buds on my auto sweet tooth ummm lemon blossoms. Beginning of my weekend off now, going to enjoy what's happening in the garden full on this evening. Peach ale and a big fatty at sunset which is about 9pm here.
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          SoOrbudgal Sounds like a heavenly Friday evening!!!! Enjoy!

I will alltatup. It's 1230 here and very warm, just came in from checking everything i'd watered and fed teas to my plants it's getting really warm here now. Going to a early show this afternoon in town. Once upon a time in Hollywood. Sit in and air conditioned seat for a couple hours. Pulled some Yukon gold taters this a.m. big as a fist nearly. Hope all is well on your end, great harvest you had. Only wish we lived closer i'd share a peach ale with ya
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          I look forward to seeing that film; I like Tarantino a lot.

Congrats on the 1st harvest! My ritual involves paying final respects. I wash the trunk and "hair", hang the body for a few days, then re-purpose it as a combination good luck charm and support for stems and colas. Just can't say good-bye to the girls!

oh yeah … and get totally baked …
        Surround yourself with nature, and let it breathe life into your soul.

Comment

• YYCannabis
          YYCannabis commented
          Editing a comment
          Looks like some weird Blair Witch kinda creepy bush ornament. 😂

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          I don't think there is ever a "saying goodbye": she's too deep in my cells!!!

I often suggest my g/f trim topless or naked, so as not to get any on her clothes-but sometimes it’s just too cold !
        It's all bullshit - until you smoke it!

KISS @ Dry/Cure:
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-kiss-dry-cure

Staged Harvest:
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-in-the-wings

Grow Journals:

#3, Window Sill Grow - auto:
        http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...nic-soil-24-7g

#4, KISS grow- Girl Scout Cookies- auto:
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ies-autoflower

Comment

• s62
          s62 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hahahaha, good call

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          s62 You mean you didn't know about the NAKED HARVEST ritual??????

• Spidermite
          Spidermite commented
          Editing a comment
          Lol that reminds me of one of my last Drs appts. I had trimmed a plant. Cleaned up, changed shirts, but didnt even think about my pants. So I'm sitting in the Drs office and realize this. I realized because I could smell my self and smelled like a cure room at a professional cannabis farm. I got either winks from the others waiting or people whispering to their partners pointing fingers at me. Lol

Luckily my Dr knows and has even asked me if it helps. So it never even came up. But I was self conscious the whole time.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X