Bud fattening

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bud fattening

During the last 2-3 weeks of flower, will buds continue to develop, getting fatter, etc.? Or is it just trichome maturation?
    Gorilla 3x3
    LEC 315
    Kind Soil
    Current: White Widow XXL, Crystal M.E.T.H., Six-Shooter, Afghan Kush Ryder, Northern Lights x2, Strawberry Cheesecake

Yes paraphrasing something Obi-Wan said in a recent post about someone asking about potential yield, waiting even just an extra week during flowering will likely increase your yield by a significant percentage. It is very hard but the return for waiting is exponential in your yield. I assess and observe the bud growth and then when it slows down, I give additional time for trichs to mature.

Comment

The problem I’m running into is that I’m starting to see quite a few amber trichomes showing up, but I’m only on week 6.5. I’d like my buds to fatten up some more, but I don’t want a couch-lock, CBN-heavy yield.
      Gorilla 3x3
      LEC 315
      Kind Soil
      Current: White Widow XXL, Crystal M.E.T.H., Six-Shooter, Afghan Kush Ryder, Northern Lights x2, Strawberry Cheesecake

Comment

Post a pic

Comment

If your growing the Critical Jacks, you might be close to done anyways.
          Critical Jack, also known as "Critical Jack Herer," is a hybrid marijuana strain cross between Critical Plus and Jack Herer. Critical Jack delivers functional cerebral effects with a flavorful blend of lemon, pine, and floral aromas. Its effects are light on the body and stimulating to the mind, all...

It looks like you have a short flowering time of 7-9 weeks, so if your on week 6.5, I would say your close... but pictures always help

Comment

If you are referring to the plant(s) on these pictures
            https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...orn#post323553
            you are still two to three weeks from the time the pictures were taking, maybe this will help.
            Click image for larger version  Name:	20181209_020040.jpg Views:	4 Size:	121.0 KB ID:	324929
            You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

Thanks for responses! You guys are infinitely patient! Here are updated pics. I’m including lots of pics so you can see progress across multiple buds. I may be seeing more progress on some than others.

As for stigmas, they are looking complete on most buds, but a few buds still have straight, white hairs (see pics 8 & 9).

FWIW, I am growing the Critical Jack currently. Dinafem says 55-60 days of flowering and I’m on day 47. To be honest, I suspected their estimate would be on the early side, but maybe not?

EDIT: maybe someone can tell me about the light green growth on the last 2 bud pictures? Maybe new growth (i.e. fattening)? Also, if anyone needs more pics of certain features/buds/plants, let me know, and I’ll take some when they wake up later today.
              Last edited by s62; 07-25-2019, 03:25 AM.
              Gorilla 3x3
              LEC 315
              Kind Soil

Comment

IMHO - harvest time. I see plenty of cloudy and amber. But definitely get others to weigh in.

Great looking bud ! Nice grow :-)

Comment

• s62
                  s62 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thank you both for your input and the compliment! Both are appreciated!

Time to chop for sure. My harvest ritual is to get really stoned and that's it. Just keep a bowl going on table and smoke the whole time.

Comment

• s62
                  s62 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks for your input! And I’ll definitely get ripped while clipping. Gotta smoke while you grow, just like with home brewing!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X