Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Topping and defoiliation

Hey was just looking for some feed back about topping and defoiliation

There is a lot of great tutorials GWE ,when the first screen comes up look at the top for tutorials and at the bottom is has a link to all the tutorials , it will give you a good understanding , I start topping when she gets 6 nodes and I dont stop until a couple of weeks before they go into bloom ,all of my plants are 4x4x5 right now with a ton of bud sites ,good luck and welcome to the forum
    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
    current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

Thanks man I have a couple other plants and i topped it at the 6th node yesterday and I'm going to grow the other one normally and see the difference and it's legal here in canada now but I'll post updates every so often

Comment

Anyone else have feed back for me? Or experience in experimenting with these methods?

Comment

I top most of my autoflowers - no training, sometimes it's just too hard to get them to cooperate and I usually end up breaking a stem or giving up and letting them grow how they want. These days I put them outside if they grow themselves out of the tent.
          Should have topped one earlier , but I let her grow and now she is almost 5 feet tall - in a 1 gallon pot.
          ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
          Mars Hydro
          Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Wow that's sweet, I hope you get a good turn out, do you grow non autos outside?

Comment

• Canuck147
              Canuck147 commented
              Editing a comment
              Nope - started with photos, should have started with autos - but then I would have never grown photos.

Outdoor deck grow-Topped between the 4th and 5th node on July 8th. The resulting 8 branches all topped again. Now, 16 main tops, plus the lower nodes of the branches.
            Should get interesting. Have selectively removed a couple of fan leaves and will hit it hard in a week or so. I think leaving them on for a bit forces the lower branches to stretch for a more even top. jmho. Seed was somewhat immature, found it in my winter grow weed of gorilla glue #4

Good luck and all the best!
            "That's your fortress of fucking solitude. That puts you, for the rest of your life, at a level of fuck you. Somebody wants you to do something, fuck you. Boss pisses you off, fuck you! Own your house. Have a couple bucks in the bank. Don't drink"

Comment

• oldjarhead100
              oldjarhead100 commented
              Editing a comment
              lower branches will catch up if you keep topping the tops as soon as they can be and still have the split

Wow that's sweet and it should be pretty interesting to see the results, I topped mine around jul16th and it seems to be going good now just waiting for this rain to leave then its should be nice here on out and probably start flowering in two weeks time I just want some more branch growth before it flowers

Comment

Just curious how many finger leafs did it produce?

Comment

Keep this post going

Comment

Some results from my topping. Far more future bud sites than I anticipated (lol)
                  "That's your fortress of fucking solitude. That puts you, for the rest of your life, at a level of fuck you. Somebody wants you to do something, fuck you. Boss pisses you off, fuck you! Own your house. Have a couple bucks in the bank. Don't drink"

Comment

FIM/Topping mixed with LST. Some defoliation in the under canopy.

I would definitely recommend checking out the GIANT tutorial section. Everything and more that you could learn.
                    Meesta's Grow
                    2019 https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-meesta-s-grow

2020 https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ta-s-2020-grow

Comment

• Canuck147
                      Canuck147 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Fantastic backyard!!
                      This site is all one needs. I've been growing about 4 years - GWE is the first site Google directed me to and I have not even bothered to look for another.
                      Other than buying a book by Ed Rosenthal.

Has anyone ever used this before?

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X