Strain discussion-

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strain discussion-

First off, I love this site- Fantastic times we live in when I actually be here learning and sharing without fear. A couple decades ago I wouldnt have dreamed browsing a site like this (Just because you're paranoid dont mean they're not watching you , lol) and being able to participate in an open discussion is mind blowing. I look forward to learning and hopefully one day help others.

Now- Lets talk strains.

Right now my first grow is going to be 'grannys panties' and OG Cheesequake.

Grannies Panties is a beyond phenomenal strain that was created somewhere in Michigan and shows up in Detroit/Ann Arbor/Lansing from time to time. Its generally really expensive (can go for $18-$20/gram) from medical shops. I've been smoking since the late 1980s and this is by far one of the best strains i've ever come across. I will find someone with a medical card and drive halfway across the state to grab an 1/2 oz for Christmas and other occasions if GP is available. Anyhow, I'm going to grow this forever now that I have a couple clones.

OG Cheesequake- This is going to be most of my grow. Not because its phenomenal or anything I but I always grow a few of these outdoor and can just grab clones right now. The accessibility is the reason I'm adding this. As an outdoor plant its one of the best i've encountered because its almost hassle free and hardy. Its a decent enough buzz and tastes good but now that I'm going to be doing things indoors I will be replacing this with something better.

SO what strains do you guys recommend as your favorites and why? One I'm thinking about is something i've had a few times called 'Skittles' that really did taste like fruity candy. The buzz was okay but the taste was incredible and possibly something I would like to grow for that reason alone.

I just finished a round of gorilla glue from dinafem and it's honestly one of the best couch lock buzzes I've ever had. Yields were really good. Plants get tall though. As for the flavor, it's decent but nothing special. But more than makes up for it with the high.

Comment

I’m currently growing Critical Jack (https://www.dinafem.org/en/critical-jack/). Very, very happy with the genetics so far. The plants basically trained themselves into a bushy, even canopy that just needed to be defoliated. The smell is ludicrous; I think I may like it better than my previous favorite, Sour Mist. The trichomes are heavy, the expected yield is fat, and the high is euphoric (I’ve only smoked it once so I lack a lot of XP with it). It’s growing quite fast and appears to be on track to mature in ~60 days total of flower.
      Next up for me is probably Wonder Woman, but I’m considering autos as well.
      Last edited by s62; 07-16-2019, 08:35 AM.
      Gorilla 3x3
      LEC 315
      Kind Soil
      Current: White Widow XXL, Crystal M.E.T.H., Six-Shooter, Afghan Kush Ryder, Northern Lights x2, Strawberry Cheesecake

Comment

Originally posted by SirSmksAlot View Post
        I just finished a round of gorilla glue from dinafem and it's honestly one of the best couch lock buzzes I've ever had. Yields were really good. Plants get tall though. As for the flavor, it's decent but nothing special. But more than makes up for it with the high.
        Yeah I like Gorilla Glue. Thats certainly on the list of considerations.

What kind of yield did you get under what lighting if you dont mind me asking...And how tall?

Comment

• SirSmksAlot
          SirSmksAlot commented
          Editing a comment
          I use a 1000w hortilux hps and my final dry weight was 39.05oz. I let them veg till they were 30inches and they ended up being about 7 feet tall. I forgot to mention that was from 4 plants
          Last edited by SirSmksAlot; 07-16-2019, 10:26 AM.

This is a og kush by Dinafem. She flowered early because she got stressed from a dumb mistake. Her sister is not even close yet. I am wondering why no trichomes yet. From experience good genetics push trichs in first week flower. There are none here. Is this poor genetics or results of stress from dumb mistake?

Comment

Ah! Yes, 'Zkittlez'! What a tasty smoke there, and what I would really like to try it outside next year. I had been recommended it by a friend after talking about some I had bought called, 'Forbidden Fruit'. Although, the buds were nearly black!

Larry OG that I'm growing, is actually for a friend. He had loved 'The Larry' very much back in '11 and for however long it was sold after then. We're bong tokers, one bowl (small bowl, one hit) and we'd both be at ease being couch locked or weekend working for hours.
          Meesta's Grow
          2019 https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-meesta-s-grow

2020 https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ta-s-2020-grow

Comment

• Mr.furley
            Mr.furley commented
            Editing a comment
            Nice bud.

• Spellbound
            Spellbound commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah thats crazy looking.

lemon og haze from nirvana, top shelf smoke,,,yield is low but the quality makes up for that,

Comment

• Spellbound
            Spellbound commented
            Editing a comment
            Does it actually taste like lemon? I get some "watermelon" sometimes that good but tastes nothing like watermelon- Actually doesnt taste very good at all but its pretty good smoke if that makes sense.

So supposedly an acquaintance of mine can get Glue Cake clones, but I can’t find much info about it as a strain. Anyone have experience? I think it might be Gorilla Glue x Wedding Cake? He had some crazy story attached to it, about how he got a hold of these genetics by accident as bagseed. He said the strain is very rare. I’m thinking of passing on it, but if it truly is a good find, maybe I should grow it out?
          Gorilla 3x3
          LEC 315
          Kind Soil
          Current: White Widow XXL, Crystal M.E.T.H., Six-Shooter, Afghan Kush Ryder, Northern Lights x2, Strawberry Cheesecake

Comment

Originally posted by s62 View Post
            So supposedly an acquaintance of mine can get Glue Cake clones, but I can’t find much info about it as a strain. Anyone have experience? I think it might be Gorilla Glue x Wedding Cake? He had some crazy story attached to it, about how he got a hold of these genetics by accident as bagseed. He said the strain is very rare. I’m thinking of passing on it, but if it truly is a good find, maybe I should grow it out?
            Cant hurt to try-

Even if its not some crazy strain, chances are it'll still be good enough and if it does turn out to be something rare- Its a jackpot. I would take a chance if it were me.

Comment

Just purchased 5 Mazar autos and 5 Royal Dwarf autos. never tried either.

Comment

hey spellbound..the lemon og haze has a citrus taste...sorta like lemon, flavor description is more of a ballpark kinda idea...not exactly what the description says but something like it,,,just to give us a little hint of the taste....its some bake you hard weed for sure, definitely in my top five stains,

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X