I can't help it i need to tell a story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't help it i need to tell a story

OK here goes...Went to sat. farmers market bought some early peaches for canning jam also bought a peach pie thought what a beautiful day think i'll take a drive out to see some old friends I hadn't seen in couple yrs. She is 68 he is 72 they bought this old 20 acre run down abandoned property at the base of this beautiful ridge of mts. about 4yrs ago. Anyhow they have grown weed for many years outdoors, we use to see more of them when they lived in our area but there about 40mi away so not gone to there place for a couple yrs. Anyway she says " want some weed?" He no longer smokes and she uses those oils now mostly maybe a doobie couple times a week she tells me. They take me to this old shed out of control grass growing upto the windows covered nearly with blackberry vines. We go in with a flash light she shines it on these black plastic garbage back hanging from the ceiling.
    I'm thinking bad thoughts, spooky movie hmmm maybe they been isolated to long?? She reaches up under the bags breaks off a branch of weed. I mean they had hung this weed up last Oct. put bags on them like a dry cleaner would and forgot them. I kid you not there was at least 12 plants full grown never trimmed roots poking through the bag. I can't even guess how many lbs it would of been. But these plants were just crunchy powder buds.
    I just wanna say "Lord help me to not over judge my limitations as I grow older" They both forgot about them. I felt so bad for them. And they have plants growing this year too not many but their doing it. I did not take any but I helped take them down from the shed. Never ever saw such a wasted grow, huge buds must of been just beautiful plants all gone to compost heap. Thanks for reading, really bothered me seeing this yesterday.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

I usually panic if I over dry by a few days.

Comment

Heck of a story sadly, I’m beyond that age but I can’t let the interest fade like that.. my plan is to β€œretire’ at 90

Comment

I'm with you there Farmall. I asked them yesterday if they wanted me to give it to another grower who's son makes dabs? Explained the process of doing it but they don't want to. Now the bags are just lay piled on the shed floor where they probley will stay till this years harvest. I'm gonna keep checking on them, something isn't right with there health I don't think.

indoor/outdoor grower
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to

Comment

That's a wild story, gotta feel sad for the old folks.

Comment

From my view point....”they’re not that old !!” Get it? Ok, I’m in their age bracketπŸ˜‰

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
              D.A.A.S.69 commented
              Editing a comment
              Farmall Me too, ole bud. Lol
              HappyGrowing.

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              I get it i'm 62 I don't think 72 is old by any standards. My husband is 70, he can answer most questions concerning WW1 WW2 from our grandson. I'm just thinking they isolated themselves from visitors, socialization. Not good, got to keep active. I told some other old neighbors about how their place was ( I mean friendship old not age ) some one said this was their choice to isolate further. I just don't think it's healthy.

• Farmall
              Farmall commented
              Editing a comment
              So, it appears we share the same syndrome... my brain thinks I’m 35 or so... the things I try to do are met with slight resistance but still getting done. On the other hand, some other parts realize .... the brain might be wrong thinking its’ 35 🀫

I hoping my grand kids would ask about Woodstock or something like that....when they learn to speak !!

All kidding aside, my father retired at 72 and then sold stuff at local flea markets till he was 93 for the fun of being active... he passed at 98
              Proof, it works
              Last edited by Farmall; 07-21-2019, 09:21 PM.

I love that story Farmall i'm not gonna sit down much and dwell on shoulda coulda. I feel the same as you. Peace

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

• Farmall
              Farmall commented
              Editing a comment
              It’s our generation, most of us saw the light decades ago.... many of those turned into grumpy and power hungry old farts. The few of us left, post here ....πŸ˜‰. We should plan a gathering and re-focus

SoOrbudgal I don't know how I missed this when you first posted it. This is exactly why I don't smoke pot: because it makes you forgetful.
            Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
            2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
            Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• Farmall
              Farmall commented
              Editing a comment
              Hahahahahaha ! You knocked me over with that one!!

Farmall and SoOrbudgal I feel like you both do. Mind is young. I feel like I'm in my 30's too. And I keep active. And I'm 68 years young. Alltatup I thought you used it.

Comment

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              GardenLady I was just kidding, of course I partake of the glorious herb!!!

• Farmall
              Farmall commented
              Editing a comment
              Alltatup has actually written a better user guide to the Ghost MV-1 vape than the manufacturer....

Alltatup. OopsπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ after the info you gave me I should have known. Lol.

Comment

• LurkingInTheGrass
              LurkingInTheGrass commented
              Editing a comment
              alltatup

I still cant keep it straight. I hover between 'Child-like' and 'childish'

😁

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              LurkingInTheGrass I guess I don't envision you hovering, but more like lurking between "childish" and "child-like"...

I refuse to act grown up. No acting.

• LurkingInTheGrass
              LurkingInTheGrass commented
              Editing a comment
              LOL

Fair enough

Love it ATU you are "Golden" you just stay that way sister

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

Originally posted by SoOrbudgal View Post
              OK here goes...Went to sat. farmers market bought some early peaches for canning jam also bought a peach pie thought what a beautiful day think i'll take a drive out to see some old friends I hadn't seen in couple yrs. She is 68 he is 72 they bought this old 20 acre run down abandoned property at the base of this beautiful ridge of mts. about 4yrs ago. Anyhow they have grown weed for many years outdoors, we use to see more of them when they lived in our area but there about 40mi away so not gone to there place for a couple yrs. Anyway she says " want some weed?" He no longer smokes and she uses those oils now mostly maybe a doobie couple times a week she tells me. They take me to this old shed out of control grass growing upto the windows covered nearly with blackberry vines. We go in with a flash light she shines it on these black plastic garbage back hanging from the ceiling.
              I'm thinking bad thoughts, spooky movie hmmm maybe they been isolated to long?? She reaches up under the bags breaks off a branch of weed. I mean they had hung this weed up last Oct. put bags on them like a dry cleaner would and forgot them. I kid you not there was at least 12 plants full grown never trimmed roots poking through the bag. I can't even guess how many lbs it would of been. But these plants were just crunchy powder buds.
              I just wanna say "Lord help me to not over judge my limitations as I grow older" They both forgot about them. I felt so bad for them. And they have plants growing this year too not many but their doing it. I did not take any but I helped take them down from the shed. Never ever saw such a wasted grow, huge buds must of been just beautiful plants all gone to compost heap. Thanks for reading, really bothered me seeing this yesterday.
              yeah sometimes think do i want to be smoking when im older pensioner in a trap if i cant get any am i a 60 old try to score some weed should i quit before it happens.

Comment

• s62
                s62 commented
                Editing a comment
                Nah, just grow your own!

Alltatup. Like SoOrbugal said. Stay just like you are you...πŸ˜„πŸ˜„ it would be great to meet you both in person.πŸ˜„

Comment

SoOrbudgal. I'm a newbie to this growing my own except veggie s . But I take pride in the fact that I can grow plants. Of any kind. It would have bothered me too to see that many plants go to waste. I only grew one plant last year and that was a lot of work. I can't stand to waste my plants Wether it be a tomato, cucumber or any other plant. I hope that this year will be better for your friends.

Comment

So I must tell you. That two years ago a greed one plant. And it wasn't very good. .I didn't cure it right either. So last year I grew another plant from a seed that was in my son's stash. And I followed the trimming and curing very closely..He said it was good but not like the original. It wasn't harsh though. And this plant...I fertilizer with Miracle grow. Several times throughout the season. It produces a lot of nice Buds. I did flush it alot the last two weeks before harvest with just lots of plain water. I even tasted the stems of the fan leaves to see if they were bitter. They weren't. So this thing about all theses FF fertilizers is such a hassle. And they aren't that cheap. This year my plants arent as tall as I think they should be...they haven't started to bud out either. But they aren't auto flowering. Anyway just wanted to mention that πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜‰πŸ˜

Comment

• alltatup
                    alltatup commented
                    Editing a comment
                    GardenLady You go girl!!!! But don't use Miracle Gro: it's way too hot for Cannabis and will burn it.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X