Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look Ma, no spots! LOL

Comment

The seed clone all processed. Total weight was 83g of chopped up flower and 33g of seed, 28.4% of the total weight. The total number of seeds produced is approximately 2,069. What a long strange trip it has been. BTW- I would rather trim buds than break up buds by hand to recover seeds. I was having flashbacks to the 1970s. If my fading memory is correct, we used to count on about 25% of the bag weight would be seed.​

Click image for larger version

Name:	20220901_104629-A.jpg
Views:	644
Size:	689.7 KB
ID:	575145
      Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

First scrog attempt, end of week 6 since flip. Out of tent pics taken a few days previous but show better angles
        2.5x2.5x6' tent
        2x 55w COB veg, 400w HPS flower
        Coco/perlite with mycorrhizal mix in fabric bags
        2-part base nutes + veg/bloom boosts, bud boost, calmag
        Carbon filter/exhaust, 6" oscillating fan, usb static fan
        Gear and controllers for heat/humitidy used as needed

Strain unknown

Comment

This is my first post. Another member of the geezer set, 72 and still going 5 years post stroke. Life long left-coaster. Love is what really matters in all things. Fuck death, it’s coming soon enough.

This is my third year growing. That's me with the pitchfork with my first crop in 1975. Not a flower to be seen, I am confident. HA!

I grow outdoors exclusively. Center pic is most of this year's crop a few days ago. I also have a few bag seed plants, mostly out of frame except the one runt front left. Included are Afgoo, Lemon Kush, Arjan Haze, Acapulco Gold, Bay Dream, Deadhead OG and Juicy Fruit, all feminized. All of my purchased seed germinated successfully. I gave a bunch of plants away. I have a total of 16 plants left, including the aforementioned 4 baggies, three of which are stunted but a healthy deep green. Checking every day for nuts. Don't want no boys.

I have a very restricted grow space, and because we have a HUGE pine tree in our backyard, I have to move my plants multiple times a day or they would only get a partial day of full sun. The photo on the right is the plants' night/morning space. It's about 5 1/2 feet wide and 12 feet long. Yep, all them plants (except the baggies). Did I mention that I have to move all of my plants at least 7 times a day? Have you ever heated and/or cooked with wood that you had to make (i.e., cut) yourself? It heats you twice, once when you cut it and once when you burn it. I feel like my plants do similar "duty" for me - I have to move them every day, providing me with physical exercise and physical therapy, and it gets me seriously screwed up. Warms me twice! Cough, cough.
          Last edited by KLAX; 09-04-2022, 10:46 AM.

Comment

• Puglover1
            Puglover1 commented
            Editing a comment
            That's neat that you have an old picture. Dang, moving those every day all around. I'd have them on casters, dollies, portable platforms, something. Good that you can do it and get exercise. Happy growing, again.

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            Kicking ass back at ya KLAX i'm a granny grower myself. And yes i just moved to town after being in the woods for over 30yrs so i know about trees mostly 100+yr old doug fir. I too had to move my pots around follow the sun an yes burned wood cut wood heated primarly with it. Welcome to the forum old timer and i'm proud to call myself one too

• KLAX
            KLAX commented
            Editing a comment
            Puglover1, my backyard is so lumpy/bumpy/rooty (big pine roots)/uneven that no wheeled conveyance will work. (Also, I need the exercise and know how to lift properly, so I don't see the carrying part as a negative.) I think too much bouncing while I move them and/or setting them down hard increases soil packing, so I'm very careful about how I carry them while moving them and set them down as gently as I can.

Thank you. I have been so fucking cheery since I started to grow again last year, my wife can't believe it! HA!
            Last edited by KLAX; 09-04-2022, 11:07 AM. Reason: Old stoner here

2x4 update

Name:	IMG_20220903_012111_945.webp
Views:	620
Size:	86.0 KB
ID:	575400 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220903_012112_055.webp
Views:	652
Size:	118.6 KB
ID:	575401 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220903_012112_101.webp
Views:	642
Size:	70.0 KB
ID:	575402 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220903_012112_210.webp
Views:	606
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	575403 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220903_012112_163.webp
Views:	642
Size:	124.0 KB
ID:	575404 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220903_012112_130.webp
Views:	590
Size:	169.8 KB
ID:	575405 Click image for larger version

Name:	20220901_123517.jpg
Views:	592
Size:	1.88 MB
ID:	575406
          Last one is the strawberry mimosa Evo in the 4x4
          4x4 w/ Mars hydro fc-e4800
          1x Slapz
          1x Quikz
          2x red runtz
          1x flo-see
          1x 2B blunt
          1x persian pie

Comment

Harvest time is near, any day now...

Name:	20220902_093837-A.jpg
Views:	587
Size:	1.00 MB
ID:	575440 Click image for larger version

Name:	20220902_093845-A.jpg
Views:	607
Size:	1.01 MB
ID:	575441

Comment

• Ckbrew
              Ckbrew commented
              Editing a comment
              I do a heavy defol 1-2 weeks before flip, light defol and delarf at wk 3, and extreme defol 1-3 weeks before finish. The last one may be earlier if I am dealing with heat n humidity and fighting off BR and PWM.

• transcend
              transcend commented
              Editing a comment
              And do they keep packing on weight after the last defol? I've read all kinds of stuff re fan leaves (for and against), but I get the feeling that once buds are set it's the sugar leaves that feed the corresponding buds. Could be wrong of course (wouldn't be the first time, won't be the last haha).

• Ckbrew
              Ckbrew commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes, they do. Use the normal cues from the buds on finish time.

Love this time of year.
            Four plants have the greenhouse all to themselves, removed the veggies, the eggplant & peppers were attracting bugs.
            Learned a lot about growing this year, ran power into greenhouse, fought in the 'spider mite wars', sprayed peppermint Dr Bronners until the grow room smelled of chewing gum...discovered VPD(WTF?).
            Planted clones June 1st, Coco Pebblez, Highway Breath,Cherry Do-si-dos and Wedding Pie, all from Harborside dispensary.
            Progressed from one small solar vent fan to 4 fans and a swamp cooler, what a difference. Before the cooler & fans I measured inside the greenhouse 119F @ 9% humidity when it was 86F outside, plants thought they were in the desert, looked it too.
            Tonight the bamboo scaffolds go up and another application of 'lost coast plant therapy' now that they are flowering.
            Been growing for a disabled friend for 10 years yet this is the first year trying to get good quality results...so far so goodClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1039.jpg
Views:	364
Size:	1,013.0 KB
ID:	575734
            Attached Files

Comment

Here are my last two plants of the season. Time for a break from gardening for a while.

Name:	20220910_154332-A.jpg
Views:	559
Size:	921.3 KB
ID:	576030 Click image for larger version

Name:	20220910_154338-A.jpg
Views:	527
Size:	822.2 KB
ID:	576031

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                SoOrbudgal commented
                Editing a comment
                Oh you twisted person man i love these

HELP! can’t upload any pics

My 4 beautiful girls (there are 2 others in the middle but both are too short to see). The fence post is 6’ tall. A couple of the plants are so big we had to prop them up as they were starting to split, thus the rake and broom handle.
              There is at least 2 different strains but we don’t know what they are except to say they are Sativa and both were very good (bought from a dispensary and these were top shelf).
              I’m thinking we have about 2-4 weeks till harvest, give or take a week, bc the Trichomes look great and the hair is turning red, more so on two than the others.​

Comment

I tried to upload a small pic, an 11-finger fan leaf, and it wouldn’t even take that. It’s telling me it exceeds the 2 MB limit?!
                Anyone know what I can do to get my pics uploaded?

Comment

• Going2fast
                  Going2fast commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I'm having to crop them down on my phone till they are under 2. This started over a month ago and it sucks.

Seeking a 2nd opinion on trichomes. I think these are ready to harvest. Thoughts?
                Attached Files

Comment

• Rocmonkey
                  Rocmonkey commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Rackalot, looks like there are still too many clear Trichomes.
                  If you want Sativa (smoke that picks you up) you need to wait till the Trichomes are ‘mostly’ milky / cloudy and the red hair (70% or greater) have curled inward.
                  If you want Indica (smoke that puts you down / “in the couch”) wait for the red hair to turn amber- it takes a few weeks longer for ‘downer’ Indica than for ‘upper’ Sativa. You can get both from the same plant.

IMO, not ready for harvest. To my old eyes the trichromes appear to be mostly cloudy with some clear ones mixed in. I'm not seeing m/any amber trichromes. So I guess the question is just how powerful do you want your flower to be? Want it to kick your ass? Wait for the ambers. Want to just get a little buzz? Might be ready for harvest now.

I'll be interested to read what others may opine.

Comment

Maybe I’m starting to figure out autos. I enjoy plant training so it took a while to get myself to just leave these little plants alone. The last few have shown improved results. I still think they’re the seed companies ‘fools gold’ but I have plenty of freebies I’ve accumulated so I’ve decided to always have at least one going in my veg tent.

This is a GSC auto (not sure of the source) entering week 12. It’s been under a SP150 with 24x7 light since sprout. 3 gallon pot of coco/perilite, topped above node 5 and spread out a little but that’s it. Every single bud is chunky on this plant. Even the buds near the base are the size of a shot glass

Comment

Weed pics, anyone ?
                    Attached Files

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                      SoOrbudgal commented
                      Editing a comment
                      The beauty of nature i can sit and zen out on this all day

Beautiful pics!
                    Though I hink I'm more envious of your green yard!
                    Back to playin in the dirt!
                    Currently growing 8 Scarlet Grape. Check it out here:
                    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...dalone-journal
                    I do not currently partake. I grow for fun. Someday!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X