No announcement yet.

Time to show your grow.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so I looked up what this could be from in george cervantes bible and it could be n,iron,a couple more things as well then I saw a little blup about over fertilizing can do it as well ,the over feeding makes more sense than deficiencies because their getting the full line of age old organic nutrients,the ppm in the res was around 800 an increase from 700 so I guess Ill go back to 700 and see what happens.

This is my first real venture into sativas ,Ive heard they dont like a ton of nutrients but dam 800 is about 600 less than I would be running with indicas, so any help would be appreciated
    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
    current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Every sativa dominance plant I've grown seem to be prone to this. Even my outdoor. They don't like heavy N my big old jack herer did this. But my indicas did not show this and I use Age Old Organic just the Bloom which is 5-10-5. I had to get dyna-gro grow 7-9-5 cause they were out of the other I generally use till spring. Even when using low dose of Mega Crop my sativa dominant plants do get deficiencies ? I wonder if the LEDs are showing this more frequently?

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      thanks soorbudgal,its nice to get reassurance lol

Not sure if this helps but I have noticed spots on my plants when they are under my blurples that I can't see when they are under "natural" lighting. I think the leds make the deficiency easier to spot or stand out more.

Comment

StillHigh1982 you’re aware of a lighting versus brain phenomena that causes some colors to be absorbed or reflected differently especially on film but it happens visually as well. For example, if you photograph the butcher counter in a supermarket, the fluorescent light makes the area look green but the red enhanced bulbs to make the meats look red to the eye, make it look grayish on film. The brain adjusts a lot for visual oddities by comparison

you may be only seeing the different densities in the leaf under the different spectrums. Natural lighting would be your better bet to identify and developing problems

Comment

Farmall. I was not aware of that phenomenon, its interesting for sure. Thanks for the knowledge. It explains a lot of the difference I see in plants in and out of bloom tent.

Comment

Any time, I was into photography a very long time ago and some of my first photos were really odd looking all due to lights. That’s why it became a simple task to decipher the spectrum that plants grow best under and which leds to put in my desk light...2700K too yellow. 3500k a bit more like sunlight 6500k , Too blue .....but a great seed starter 😉. Take a picture of the blue sky with a red filter and it looks near dark gray in the picture and the white clouds REALLY stand out.

Comment

Last plant is finally in the jars 👍

My white widow measured out at 182 g (6 oz).

Between this plant and my last one (Norther lights) I yielded approx 1 lb of useable bud. 😎

NL in the left. WW to the right.
            There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
            1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
            2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
            3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

• YYCannabis
              YYCannabis commented
              Editing a comment
              Since I planted my first seed in late July, I managed to produce 800g/28oz from a 4x4 tent. 👍
              This month I saved $300 - $350 by not ordering from my licensed providers. My entire costs for tent/fans etc was $2200. Added electricity cost approx $400. My net savings is from $6000 to $7500.
              Wish I would have started this a few yrs ago.

• Farmall
              Farmall commented
              Editing a comment
              Damn good arithmetic!

• oldjarhead100
              oldjarhead100 commented
              Editing a comment
              damn good grow lol very good yield what kind of lights are those, Now when a different grow doesn't do so good remember its not you sometimes it just happens ,the worst things is to change all your stuff for nothing lol

Planted 10 seeds on January 23rd, and all but one germinated. I replanted the Green Crack a couple of days ago, but waiting for it to pop. I use the early Pleistocene method of germination. Dig a hole with your toe and push the seed in. Makes no sense to me to damage a root structure by tearing it out of a paper towel.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0312.JPG Views:	0 Size:	2.35 MB ID:	371540

Planted one each of Hashberry, Gorilla Glue Auto, OG Kush, Amnesia Haze, White Widow, Green Crack Auto, Bad Azzz OG Cheese, Girl Scout Cookie, Gorilla Glue Photo, and an Aurora Indica. A wide and varied selection.
            Last edited by starramus; 01-31-2020, 10:08 AM. Reason: i toopid

Comment

• FunkyButtLovin
              FunkyButtLovin commented
              Editing a comment
              I don't use paper towels anymore either. I like to soak 'em for about 20-24 hours then straight into soil. They're usually out of the ground less than 48 hours later.
              Are you going to keep us updated on this bunch? I'm germing auto Gorilla by Expert Seeds now and I have some BAOGCH seeds myself that I might do next fall so I'm definitely interested in watching this grow.

• starramus
              starramus commented
              Editing a comment
              SoOrbudgal Just plain old peat pots. Pokin holes not necessary. Roots will just break on through. https://youtu.be/rOpQjD-rX0g I try to avoid all damage to roots, and transplanting is a breeze with these. Don't like to give the plants any set back however minor.

• starramus
              starramus commented
              Editing a comment
              FunkyButtLovin The BAOGCH popped up a helmet head, and later was handicapped by the membrane that lies underneath seed shell. Has been a slow starter, but I got the membrane off just today. Seed was from Seedsman as I am sure yours are. The lil girl is definitely going to make it, and should soon start vegging like a champ. Once they get a taste of those photons there's no stopping them.

I have always planted seeds directly in the soil as well. Kudos!
            4’x4’x6 1/2’ tent, Nextlight Mega, Roots Organics 707 soil in 5 gallon square plastic planters, GH Flora Series Performance Pack nutes alternated with Fish Sh!t in RO water

Comment

Strawberry Cheesecake auto - Day 67 from germination, I'm getting real antsy since my jars have long been empty. Seedsman says 70 days from germ to harvest and that's looking pretty close. She started throwing lots of white hairs again but very few amber trichomes and could probably go another 10-12 days pretty easily and give me another gram or two but I like a speedy buzz and like I said, my jars are empty so I'm debating on whether to take it down tonight or hold out. She's been getting flushed for about 2 weeks alternating with plain pHed water and molasses water for almost 2 weeks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200131_145429.jpg
Views:	390
Size:	3.16 MB
ID:	371651

Name:	20200131_145518.jpg
Views:	399
Size:	3.59 MB
ID:	371652

What would you all do if your jars were empty and you were tired of paying for overpriced dispensary bud? Suck it up and keep buying for another month to wait for more ripeness or chop her down now and save the extra $100+ that I really can't spare but do anyways so I don't have to go without and be smoking my own buds again 1.5-2 weeks sooner?

Comment

• Mr.furley
                Mr.furley commented
                Editing a comment
                I'm always cutting lower branches, side shoots, smaller bowl sized buds, drying them a couple days hanging or over night on a tray then smoking them. it's a luxury I can afford and it gives me the full spectrum of effects the buds have through ripening.
                Don't be afraid to take tasters you'll start looking past the early favor and enjoy the bud for what it does, keeping you from harvesting the whole plant to earily.

• Rwise
                Rwise commented
                Editing a comment
                If I were out I too would take some of it, and let the rest ripen up!

• SoOrbudgal
                SoOrbudgal commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes sir I have and will continue to do so until my shelves are restocked. No shame at all, if it's cloudy pinch some.

I would wait it out. I'm not hurting though. If I was I would definitely be taking early samples, though my past experiences with premature bud would be screaming WAIT. Its worth it.

Comment

• FunkyButtLovin
                FunkyButtLovin commented
                Editing a comment
                My last harvest was smaller than expected then I ran into setbacks and delays and crap so my jars ran empty and have been for a lot longer than they should have been. I'm set up much better now and basically as soon as this one is done my perpetual grow should keep me from running out again. I just have to get the first one harvested! I'll have another one ready within about a week of this one and then 2 more a few days after that, another 1 a week or so later then my photo tent should finish a couple weeks after that, etc.

But as mr furley said, all the different tastes and effects the buds give as they ripen sound fun to experience. Like a flight of buds instead of beers. So I redact my previous post, taste that shit. I'm going to clip a gram off one of mine right now.

Comment

• FunkyButtLovin
                FunkyButtLovin commented
                Editing a comment
                Let's see it. I'll match ya.

Grab a couple little one-hitters sIzed nugz

Name:	20200131_200826.jpg
Views:	392
Size:	2.16 MB
ID:	371778
              You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• homegrown
                homegrown commented
                Editing a comment
                lol, you keep pickin at that and she's gonna look like a charlie brown christmas tree....

• Mr.furley
                Mr.furley commented
                Editing a comment
                Fun you should mention, I just cut the top half of the plant off hanging, drying three days now and this is the bottom larf half still in the pot ripening up.
                Staged Harvest. homegrown I doubt this plant will cure for long. Lol

• SoOrbudgal
                SoOrbudgal commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeppers little bong hits I love it

Clip a bud or two Mr.Furley said.
              just a little Mr.Furley said.
              it will be OK Mr.Furley said
              Somewere in the pages of this fourm I can be quoted "don't be like Mr.furley"
              Staged Harvest
              Click image for larger version  Name:	20200131_223328.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.75 MB ID:	371786
              You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• alltatup
                alltatup commented
                Editing a comment
                I wanna grow just like Mr.furley.

• SoOrbudgal
                SoOrbudgal commented
                Editing a comment
                For sure i'd be smoking that now LOL

• Retodd
                Retodd commented
                Editing a comment
                My biggest quote, just like all my closest friends is, ‘Seemed like a good idea at the time.....’

A week ago and today, after 30 hours' darkness:

Name:	old jan25 aft def.JPG
Views:	428
Size:	2.68 MB
ID:	371822Click image for larger version

Name:	feb1 train.JPG
Views:	459
Size:	2.79 MB
ID:	371823

They are 10-11" tall right now, at the start of 12/12. Five weeks veg not including seedling stage.
              Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
              2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
              Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                SoOrbudgal commented
                Editing a comment
                Is this the longest veg. for you now alltatup? I'm hoping you get those long tall sally colas this run!

• alltatup
                alltatup commented
                Editing a comment
                I don't think it's the longest, I'd have to look up the stats on my earlier grows. I just got into the habit of 4 weeks in veg to try to fit in an extra grow each year, but I think it's always been 3, maybe 3.5 per year.

White Widow and Super Lemon Haze just switched to 12/12 light schedule after 30 days of veg...seemed like they grew really fast...i topped after the 3rd node, kept 2nd and 3rd nodes and spread out those 4 branches...topped each of those and kept the 1st node branches on each of the 4 main branches if that makes any sense...should have 16 colas...

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                SoOrbudgal commented
                Editing a comment
                Beautiful training JuanHondo. Those grew strong and fast for 30days. Your tent is perfect for 2 big plants.

• alltatup
                alltatup commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah, very nice structure!!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X