Lighting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lighting

I've been using Mars Hydro 400watt. Buds come out small, not airy but not big. I switched to a Viparspectrum 450w. I am noticing the different light they use is far more absorbent to the plants. I got it for a steal at 50%off. Has 2 switches , veg and flower. I'm in veg now with both switches on. What a difference in growth from my Mars light.

Glad to hear I'm gonna be starting my first grow I bought the 600w

Comment

Follow up, I switch it to veg. Experimenting, in 3 days just using veg mode. Significant increase in size, vigorous growth. Fox Farms soil nutrients and soil. My gorilla glue is finally turning stems purple, more new nodes forming. LST .

Comment

• PaganRich
        PaganRich commented
        Editing a comment
        Out of interest mate, what height do you have the Vipar at? Really interesting to here how you`re getting on as just bought that brand. Cheers

Haha. Try HPS and watch the growth further increase. Better micro moles per watt ratio on HPS. More photons for the same electrical bill.
      4x4 600w HID empty for summer
      3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
      2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
      running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

Agreed, HPS is for big buds!

Comment

They monitor our electricity! Illegal to home grow were I am even with my med card! I have MS, they expect us to pay 70$ an 1/8th. Governor just past bill making it illegal for caretakers and patients to grow at home. I’m trying my ass off with 800 watts of LED. Having good success with with changing up light cycle to 14hrs on 2 off 6 hrs on 1 off. Jump started new growth and my autos are finally getting thick looking like crystal Mountain ‘s

Comment

Jayv, congrats on getting your grow going. And like Toker said, just imagine what it will be like when you actually switch to an efficient light source...
            WHAT???
            5x5 grow space
            900w of Vero's and F-strips
            4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X