X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with my first grow

iam a newbee and this is my first grow
    i have 6 plants growing
    due to crazy weather here in Ontario and bad temperatures my plants are having a hard time
    Please see attached pictures
    1 , 2 , 3 due to frost on one day the bottom leaves are a bit burned but doing ok now . (tops are great)
    my issue is
    Picture 1 is ( Blue Ice )
    Picture 2 are same babies (Jack Herer) but one plant is having a hard time keeping up with the sister and is growing @ a much slower pace
    and
    Picture 3 ( CBD Dream ) even slower
    ALSO
    the seeds germinated on the same day and all plants -- planted in soil (indoors) also at the same time
    what can i do to picture 2 and 3 to get them to grow like picture 1
    OR
    what can i do to ALL plants to grow better ??
    thank you pros for your help

atony

What are "crazy weather" and "bad temperature"? Can you specify?

If you are having extreme heat growing outdoors, there's not a lot you can do except try to protect them from extreme sun, provide some breeze and some kind of shade.
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Third pic looks like the frost did a lot of damage - maybe to the extent of pulling those 2 out and germinate 2 more seeds. Cannabis plants mostly like the warmth. I like to think my girls are hearty and strong cuz they are grown in Canada - Canadian girls rock by the way - pay attention to the Women's World Cup of soccer on now.
      First 2 pics the greenery looks pretty good. Good luck growing.
      ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
      Mars Hydro
      Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

thanks mr. Canuck i was thinking on pulling picture 3 out but i think iam going to let them stay just to experiment and see the outcome of it
        thanks for the input

Comment

Originally posted by alltatup View Post
          atony

What are "crazy weather" and "bad temperature"? Can you specify?

If you are having extreme heat growing outdoors, there's not a lot you can do except try to protect them from extreme sun, provide some breeze and some kind of shade.
          crazy weather = temperatures that are windy,cold , then 14 degree,then back to almost zero, then rain, then sun ,then no sun, windy , something like that

Comment

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            That's rough weather for sure.

The one with frost bite may recover, I had one that got frost bite, she turned as white as she could, then gradually back to green.
          Cept for the freeze, sounds like my crazy weather here,,, rain rain rain,,,,

Comment

It is my opinion if it's not dead or diseased try to grow it out. I had a white widow autoflower that was j hooked and was small but still viable. That plant produced 38 grams of good bud. With that being said if it continues to look sick or just frost burned to death then pull it and start over.

Comment

Originally posted by mmmaxGROWman View Post
              It is my opinion if it's not dead or diseased try to grow it out. I had a white widow autoflower that was j hooked and was small but still viable. That plant produced 38 grams of good bud. With that being said if it continues to look sick or just frost burned to death then pull it and start over.
              thanks bro.
              i was just thinking to do just that let it grow maybe i get lucky or she will die.

Thank you all for the help

Comment

Tip: build a few greenhouses (small) to fit over each for next year. Prevent the frost!

Please visit www.honestgr.ca for reviews on grow equipment. It is going slowly as I am trying to find products to review (and supportive companies!) I do giveaways there, do not tell me your from GWE however.

Comment

Their abit damp. You could put a some bright wood chippings on top of the soil or pepple stones. A mulch

Comment

How are they looking now?
                    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
                    indoor/outdoor grower
                    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
                    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
                    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
                    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
                    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
                    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Originally posted by SoOrbudgal View Post
                      How are they looking now?
                      they are looking great and growing very nice -(i say i m very happy) they are over 2 feet tall now but i have (1) Jack herer plant that is very beautiful looking but is growing at a slow pace and i dont know the reason why --- the sister is over 2 feet tall but this one is only about 1 foot

Comment

Good for you atony outdoor growing is a slow process for photos for us hobby growers in my experience it's a 4-6month grow period depending on the strain,now I only grow predominantly indica strains to shorten the time before fall rains. This is a learning process and this site has much of what you need for references. I'm always learning something here and adapt it to my style/climate . Good luck
                        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
                        indoor/outdoor grower
                        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
                        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
                        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
                        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
                        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
                        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                        X